LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 15 2005

jayinferno

Tracking Posts being Watched

Hey again

Some forums using a changed version of phpBB2 add a nice functionality which gives u a host of tools, like a quick access menu. One of the most essential tools is a list that states all the topics am watching with the nbr of replies.. so when i am part of so many topics u can still control it and know where i am really hehe

I think we need that tool.. i don't like getting so many mails so i can keep track of the topics am watching.. what d ya think guyz ?

Peace

#2 April 15 2005

mahdoum

Re: Tracking Posts being Watched

Actually that is a good idea but I haven't used it on other forums, maybe becuase I don't post much  =P.

#3 April 15 2005

rolf

Great feature

#4 April 15 2005

samer
Admin

since the forum is still kind of small i would prefer not to heavily mod it :) but its a nice suggestion for the futur, thanks!

#5 April 18 2005

jayinferno

Sam, it is helpful indeed. I am watching only 6 posts and i started to feel that the tracking thingy is needed. Another suggestions, not that helpful, which is a "Note" section. Each user has it in his area so he can put notes not to forget, at least paste the Post nbrs in it to keep track instead of flooding his email, and i can access the notes from any PC (i travel on a weekly basis.. good i have my laptop though ;) )

#6 April 18 2005

samer
Admin

i usually check "the posts since my last visit" it's a good alternative! (rather than having your e-mail flooded)

#7 April 18 2005

mahdoum

yeah but when the site grows, you wouldn't want to know ALL the posts since my last visit but only the ones you want to see if they changed OR the ones you have contributed in

#8 April 18 2005

samer
Admin

that's why I said "its a nice suggestion for the futur" ;)

#9 April 18 2005

mahdoum

hehe ;) the future is in ur hands (ya3ni put it in v2 )

Board footer