LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 10 2005

mahdoum

IE 7 to have tabbed browsing

IE 7 facts
From a factual basis, here's what we know about IE 7 right now:

IE 7 was originally scheduled for Longhorn. The new features we're going to see in IE 7 were originally going to be available only as part of Longhorn.

IE 7 will be focused on security. Like the version of IE that Microsoft shipped in XP SP2, IE 7.0 will consist, mostly, of security-oriented features. One of these features will be an anti-phishing technology. As Gates noted, "Some of the advances [in IE 7] include things focused on phishing, where people use URLs that appear to come from another location, things related to malware. So, [that] will be another important advance [in IE 7]." IE 7 will also include an IP traffic encryption capability that will help prevent electronic eavesdroppers from modifying data before it reaches your machine or redirecting you silently to malicious servers. "It makes sure that the traffic is encrypted, so there is no eavesdropping or modification that can take place, but it also makes absolutely sure through the use of certificates that the machine that you're connected to is the machine that you want to be able to connect to," Gates noted. Microsoft is also overhauling the IE security zones in IE 7.

NEW! IE 7 will include tabbed browsing. Microsoft will include tabbed browsing, along with other new features, in IE 7.

NEW! IE 7 will not include a new Outlook Express version. A few people have asked me whether IE 7 will include a new Outlook Express (OE) version (e.g. OE 7). No, it will not: The OE team is focusing on Longhorn.

IE 7 will be free. Like previous versions of IE, IE 7 will be free.

You can bore yourself and read the rest of the article here

#2 March 11 2005

ike

Re: IE 7 to have tabbed browsing

Will there be a version that works with XP?

#3 March 11 2005

mahdoum

I'm pretty sure there is, I think they might even release ie7 before longhorn comes out

#4 March 11 2005

samer
Admin

i posted something about IE7 in one of my firefox topics i think, anyway, they WILL release it before the next major update, simply because they never thought that firefox will gain such a huge popularity.

I think Microsoft will focus on the appearance of their browser rather than its usability, user-friendliness as and security :?

#5 March 11 2005

mahdoum

actually in the article, they mentioned that microsoft will be looking at security for IE7 the most.

Board footer