LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 February 28 2015

Hybrid

Re: VPS suggestion

tbaba wrote:

@Hybrid, I'm looking for Windows Server OS or a Linux with visual interface (ubunto, fedora, etc.. ), minimum 1GB RAM and Bandwidth, I will use it to develop html5 websites and mobile hybrid apps ( mostly JavaScript Code )

I mentioned DigitalOcean because it was the first thing that my friend suggested to me

Windows:
cheapwindowsvps.com
alpharacks.com
winity.io (only accepts paypal)

Linux:
iniz.com
drserver.net
inceptionhosting.com
crissic.net
prometeus.net (only accepts paypal)

Note: All these servers are unmanaged. You're expected to have backups and if you mess up with your OS or software, you will have to fix it...

Also, if you're planning to use it for remote access only, then try to pick the VPS in Europe for a lower latency

In case you pick an OpenVZ VPS, make sure to read the privacy policy and TOS of the host. In most cases, OpenVZ hardware, mostly the CPU is shared among other users, and overloading the CPU can either automatically kill your process or get your VPS suspended. Same applies for causing a very high IO on the disks.

Last edited by Hybrid (February 28 2015)

#27 February 5 2023

tricky

Any new recommendations in 2023, am looking for something that has good uptime, i have been using Virmach but very bad uptime. Should I go with something like DigitalOcean(droplet)/Linode  or any cheaper recommendation? looking for something sub $9/month with like at least 2GB of memory

#28 February 6 2023

Kareem

I use Aruba

Very good uptime and speed

#29 February 6 2023

Prince

Kareem wrote:

I use Aruba

Very good uptime and speed

I use them from  12/2016 till this moment no comment on their service(s) i have 6 VPS

uptime from one of my vps is  23:19:15 up 1422 days, 1 min

Last edited by Prince (February 6 2023)

Board footer