LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 30 2021

DG

New PC build in Canada

Hey guys,  does anyone know what the best / cheapest way to build a PC in Canada is ?

#2 September 30 2021

tricky

Re: New PC build in Canada

not sure if its the best or cheapeast but one place you would find most things is:

https://www.canadacomputers.com

#3 September 30 2021

beezer

Amazon, Newegg, tigerdirect

#4 October 3 2021

Hybrid

If you wanna just buy an already built one, you can also check dell.ca deals

#5 October 4 2021

xazbrat

Check the forums of Linus Tech Tips, Gamers Nexus, Hardware Canucks and others for more localized info.  Also, Micro Center in the US is great for PC parts---not sure how much of a deal you get after shipping, customs, taxes etc..

#6 October 5 2021

DG

Ty everyone. I'd rather build my own PC from scratch as this means more freedom to customize the parts.
Do you recommend I wait for Intel's 12th gen processors ?

#7 October 5 2021

Salloum

DG wrote:

Ty everyone. I'd rather build my own PC from scratch as this means more freedom to customize the parts.
Do you recommend I wait for Intel's 12th gen processors ?

Just order everything from Amazon then. Easiest and cheapest way.
Regarding the SoC, well, newer is always better!

#8 October 5 2021

DG

Just to get this straight. You're saying I should order everything from the same website / place to avoid paying a hefty shipping fee total ?
I mean, does ordering each part from a different website mean I will be paying a lot of small shipping fees/amounts that could add up to a lot in the end ?

Last edited by DG (October 5 2021)

#9 October 7 2021

Salloum

DG wrote:

Just to get this straight. You're saying I should order everything from the same website / place to avoid paying a hefty shipping fee total ?
I mean, does ordering each part from a different website mean I will be paying a lot of small shipping fees/amounts that could add up to a lot in the end ?

If you have Amazon Prime, shipping is free anyway. I was just suggesting Amazon because it's usually the cheapest, easiest and fastest way to get your things. It's also reliable and easy to issue returns, RMA claims, etc.

Board footer