LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 July 27 2021

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

Re: Feedback for 4G LTE

So I just found out through an ad from Sodetel that we can have large 4g home bundles, and from the above post apparently from MTC/Alfa and IDM, so I have a few questions since I am tempted to get one today since my current subscription ended which was 8mbps, any idea who's the best provider from the above? And what are the speeds like/is there a way to find out before purchasing any bundle? Note I already have a 4g portable sim router.

#152 July 27 2021

new_user

I did not check prices but I believe they will be all similar. I would recommend that you go with touch or alfa because you can buy only dollars from a shop and pay less or you can use a prepaid card on your phone line and transfer the dollars to the data sim, this way you end up increasing your phone line validity. Touch have 2 types of sims. Data sim lasts 1 year after each usage and costs the same as the data plan bundles available for phones. Residential broadband costs less but it lasts 6 months and the minimum plan is 25GB. The plan lasts for 1 month.
Speed should be same to what you get on your phone if you have a data plan.
https://touch.com.lb/autoforms/portal/t … et/tariffs
https://touch.com.lb/autoforms/portal/t … nd/tariffs

#153 July 27 2021

RandomMemory

always go for alfa, they have the 7500 LBP 2 hour unlimited

#154 July 28 2021

anayman_k7

RandomMemory wrote:

it is limited to 50GB and then they will throttle the speed

#155 July 30 2021

OdeToDeath

anayman_k7 wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

it is limited to 50GB and then they will throttle the speed

In my experience, they don't really throttle your speed. You can download the 50 GBs at max speed, and once you reach that threshold it will start consuming from your mobile internet plan's MBs.

#156 August 12 2021

scorz

Hello guys,
any idea if any 4g router will work with the AlfaNet sim card?

#157 August 12 2021

new_user

scorz wrote:

Hello guys,

In case it helps I can confirm that the battery powered "biscuit" huawei router works with a touch sim even if it is not bought from touch

#158 August 18 2021

scorz

new_user wrote:
scorz wrote:

Hello guys,

In case it helps I can confirm that the battery powered "biscuit" huawei router works with a touch sim even if it is not bought from touch

Thanks, dude! I've asked alfa and they were like "you have to bring the router to see if it works or no".
I think I'll just upgrade my mobile internet and create a hotspot.

#159 September 17 2021

vengeance666

Hey guys, has anyone tried the 4G bundles from IDM or Sodetel? Especially in the West Bekaa region. I'm thinking of subscribing to a bundle to use it mostly for a mining operation in a remote location since the "neighborhood cable guy" keeps causing problems with a new excuse every time and ADSL is not an option there. I just want some stable ping (70 to 90ms) and no downtime. Any input is highly appreciated before I go ahead and buy their modem for 1M LBP and end up regretting it :)

#160 January 13 2022

Ahmad Toutounji

Hello guys do you recommend "Residential Broadband" from touch or alfa, and is it worth it to get a router for it? Will the signal and speed increase compared to an average smartphone?
I want to replace my slow dsl and i wonder if this is a good option.

#161 January 13 2022

new_user

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Hello guys do you recommend "Residential Broadband" from touch or alfa, and is it worth it to get a router for it? Will the signal and speed increase compared to an average smartphone?
I want to replace my slow dsl and i wonder if this is a good option.

If you are getting a good signal on your phone then residential broadband should work fine. The speed you would get is similar to what you get when you turn on a hotspot from your phone. A router is preferred if you intend to use the service all the time because keeping a hotspot turned on would drain your phone's battery. It will not give a faster speed but it will give better coverage. You can choose to use a battery powered portable router that might have less coverage and allows less users to connect simultaneously. With a fixed router you get more coverage, more users can connect and you can hook it through ethernet cable to your old network.

I have data sim which is similar to residential broadband but has higher charges. The router I use is a portable router not bought from touch. I wonder if we can use a router not bought from touch for residential broadband.

Last edited by new_user (January 13 2022)

#162 January 13 2022

Ahmad Toutounji

I believe you can but i guess you need to give it to them to "program" it first

#163 June 23 2022

new_user

Is there a correlation between alfa and touch 4g services? If touch service goes down in a certain location at a certain time, does that mean that alfa service will likely be down during that time?

#164 August 29 2022

infiniteloop

Recharged with 365 plan before the prices change, I still have like 9 months but only 1 month worth of 3g membership, how can I recharge $ without days? Can we do it online?

#165 August 30 2022

new_user

infiniteloop wrote:

Recharged with 365 plan before the prices change, I still have like 9 months but only 1 month worth of 3g membership, how can I recharge $ without days? Can we do it online?

There is a dollar only card with around 1$ value but if you compare it to the card that has both dollars and days you will find out that you are paying the same amount just without getting the days. You can recharge dollars at a phone shop but their prices are also illogical, you are still better off just buying a recharge card with dollars and days even if at some point you might reach the maximum accumulation of days. Best way to do it is online. Go to alfa or touch website, create an account and recharge.

#166 August 31 2022

xazbrat

infiniteloop wrote:

They have these offers that come for data boosters, weekly data bundles etc---I think these are only for data, not for days.  Not sure if they have anything > 1 week for pure data though.

Board footer