LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 23 2021

tricky

International money transfer to Lebanon USD

I was looking into opening a fresh account in Bank Of Beirut and noticed they charge $4 per month just for that account and Bank Audi seem to be charging $6 sounds pretty hefty.

Just wanted to know how other people are handling international money transfer to Lebanon,  would probably  transfer like several hundred of dollars every couple of month

#2 August 23 2021

Hybrid

Re: International money transfer to Lebanon USD

I know SGBL take $15 once you receive the money, then $2 per month, and $6 when you withdraw or some percentage if the amount is big (2% or so, not sure)

#3 August 26 2021

Guitaret

Re: International money transfer to Lebanon USD

Bank Audi charges 10$ flat fee per transaction (and I believe 15$ if the transfer is larger than 3000$).
3$ account fees
0.5% commission fees if you withdraw your money over the counter but not so when using ATM.
Other related fees (credit card, SMS & service fees) are being charged from an old Lollar account I have.

Be careful of their "Value Date" BS, last time I made an ATM transaction from my fresh money account, they recorded the value date 3 days earlier and so they charged me interest fees as if I took them as a loan for 3 days. God knows how much I hate them.

Board footer