LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 21 2021

Hybrid

Dota2 Overwatch penalty?

Hello experienced gamers,

Anyone knows how can i find why i'm banned on dota2?

I haven't played online games in so many years. So Couple of days ago, I decided to download steam and check whatever games I can play. I found dota2 (never played dota before), and BAM few games later I'm banned for several hours, and I have no idea why! I didn't disconnect from any game and didn't even talk to anyone.

I tried googling but really didn't find anything helpful in my case. Last game I played was unranked turbo if that helps in any way.

How does that ban thing work? Can i see why i was banned?

Untitled.png

#2 August 21 2021

bobo619

Re: Dota2 Overwatch penalty?

Maybe your account has been hacked and someone was playing with it using scripts and stuff and got reported check recent games.

#3 August 21 2021

Hybrid

Doesn't seem like it was recently hacked, there's nothing in the history except the game i played in the morning. My steam account is over 15 years old.

Someone in the chat mentioned that someone probably reported me for dying a lot, WTF is that stupid rule, how is someone supposed to learn how to play the game. Anyway, doesn't matter much. I'll move on to something else.

#4 August 23 2021

RandomMemory

Overwatch bans are 4 hours only. If you can queue then you are not banned anymore.

Last edited by RandomMemory (August 23 2021)

#5 August 24 2021

Hybrid

Yep yep, i can queue again, it's just weird I got banned, I didn't do anything and still don't know why it happened

anyway all is good. Thanks guys.

Board footer