LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1501 January 8 2021

agdroubi

Re: Feedback for IDM

Super Official wrote:
agdroubi wrote:

Did anybody try IDM iplan offers? They claim to be open speed with unlimited quotas. They don't provide the difference between the 3 iplan offers which makes it sound fishy.

I've tried subscribing to the iPlan popular plan for a month and must say it is kind of a scam. The only things that are open speed are caches services such as youtube, netflix, play store, psn... while other stuff is stuck at 2 mbps most of the time, while sometimes being open speed for a couple of hours magically. There doesn't seem to be a FUP of the cached services though. Latency is just the same as regular DSL.
I would not personally subscribe to it again as most of what I do is uncached, but some people might get great service if all they do is socail media and multimedia consumption.

Thank you

#1502 January 21 2021

ZER0

Hello. Did anyone try the iplan offer? I was thinking of subscribing to it because it sounds really good, but almost too good to be true. if anyone tried it or has any info on it I would really appreciate it. And if you could give me a general review about idm like latency and support and stuff it would be perfect because I'm currently subscribed to sodetel and am aiming for idm. Also I'm in Ashrafieh for like being far from them... I mostly stream on websites like 4anime gogoanime 9anime...(pirated anime streaming websites) and I also download torrents and play online games. If anyone has any experience with the plan do you think it would work for me and do you recommend it? Open speed for me is about 16mb.

Last edited by ZER0 (January 21 2021)

#1503 January 21 2021

anayman_k7

ZER0 wrote:

Hello. Did anyone try the iplan offer? I was thinking of subscribing to it because it sounds really good, but almost too good to be true. if anyone tried it or has any info on it I would really appreciate it. And if you could give me a general review about idm like latency and support and stuff it would be perfect because I'm currently subscribed to sodetel and am aiming for idm. Also I'm in Ashrafieh for like being far from them... I mostly stream on websites like 4anime gogoanime 9anime...(pirated anime streaming websites) and I also download torrents and play online games. If anyone has any experience with the plan do you think it would work for me and do you recommend it? Open speed for me is about 16mb.

I tired Unlimited Popular, IT SUCKS, it is basically unlimited with speeds being bad most of the times and ping is highly unstable, before that I was using OpenSpeed 120GB and this was very good to me, luckily I only tried it for 1 month and after 2 days my suffer should end

#1504 January 21 2021

ZER0

anayman_k7 wrote:
ZER0 wrote:

I tired Unlimited Popular, IT SUCKS, it is basically unlimited with speeds being bad most of the times and ping is highly unstable, before that I was using OpenSpeed 120GB and this was very good to me, luckily I only tried it for 1 month and after 2 days my suffer should end

Would you recommend the limited open speed plans? How is the ping and is it good for streaming on pirated websites? I'm currently subscribed to the 150gbs open speed in sodetel and I'm comfortable with it so if the limited plans are better I will subscribe to them

#1505 January 22 2021

RH-ExtremeG

ZER0 wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:
ZER0 wrote:

Would you recommend the limited open speed plans? How is the ping and is it good for streaming on pirated websites? I'm currently subscribed to the 150gbs open speed in sodetel and I'm comfortable with it so if the limited plans are better I will subscribe to them

I was an IDM user for more than 7-8 years. What I can tell you is that they one of the highest pings compared to other  ISPs, between 90-120. Ever since covid happened, their services degraded to the bottom, throttling at random times ( even in the morning), bad upload speeds ( can’t even make a whatsapp call). What I would recommend is you to switch to ogero with interleaving off for low pings. I left IDM 1 month ago and switch to a cable reseller which was the best solution ( ping reaching between 60 and 80), download speed reaching to 52 mbps at midnight and upload reaching between 12 and 30 mbps. Netflix and youtube are cached so no lag what so ever. Believe me, do not switch to IDM ever, bad customer service and bad network sadly.

#1506 January 22 2021

anayman_k7

ZER0 wrote:
anayman_k7 wrote:
ZER0 wrote:

For ping and latency Ogero is the best, with interleaving off you can see your ping goes as low as 60ms, but you MUST have a clean phone line connection, usually if you are not into details you can tell if your OpenSpeed can reach 16mbps now, the downside of using Ogero that you will pay more since they don't have any unlimited night plan, also they have more blocked sites. With IDM you will have higher ping, around 100ms, also it might get funky sometimes so it is less stable overall but their LIMITED plans are good enough in my experience, what made me go with them is the ability to subscribe to Unlimited Night service which makes your internet unlimited from 11pm to 7am, and during this period your internet will not suck like when you are using any UNLIMITED plan.

#1507 January 25 2021

anayman_k7

Update for IDM iSuck plans, yesterday luckily the month was over and I am back to the limited plan, and like magic the internet was back to its good form! Good speeds, stable pings even during the unlimited night period! This confirms that these plans are purely SCAM!

#1508 January 26 2021

wollyka

Don't ever ever subscribe to an unlimited plan from any ISP. They all suck!

#1509 January 26 2021

Beta0

wollyka wrote:

Don't ever ever subscribe to an unlimited plan from any ISP. They all suck!

I'm at 1.3TB since beginning of the month on Terranet WDSL, it's pricey though.

#1510 January 27 2021

RandomMemory

Can confirm, terranet WDSL is on a whole other level.

#1511 January 27 2021

wollyka

WDSL is not at the same price level as the DSL plans so no comparison here. You are paying a lot more.
Glad to here that terranet WDSL is great. I might subscribe to it when I move to Mansourieh since no landline/DSL there and I need a fast internet connection.

Terranet WDSL is cheaper than 4G overall if you are able to download 1.3 TB!

#1512 January 27 2021

RandomMemory

with 12mbps? You're able to download more. Their support is top notch as well.

Last edited by RandomMemory (January 27 2021)

#1513 March 9 2021

Super Official

If anyone is interested, IDM finally allows to turn off interleaving it seems. Got it sorted out today and my ping reduced by 25ms across the board. Might be worth a shot to improve latency for some.

#1514 March 9 2021

ZER0

Super Official wrote:

If anyone is interested, IDM finally allows to turn off interleaving it seems. Got it sorted out today and my ping reduced by 25ms across the board. Might be worth a shot to improve latency for some.

Thats neat. How do I request it? Do I just call them and ask them to turn interleaving off? And are there any drawbacks to it?

#1515 March 9 2021

Super Official

ZER0 wrote:
Super Official wrote:

Thats neat. How do I request it? Do I just call them and ask them to turn interleaving off? And are there any drawbacks to it?

I just emailed them asking to consider turning it off. They called me back yesterday and told me it can be done as I am on the GDS network and that they'll send a request. They got it done quickly and had it turned off this morning. I noticed that my SNR margin dropped by around 0.8 which I don't mind because I already am locked at 4mbps because I have the unlimited plan. No packet loss or disconnections so far. Latency in rainbow six for example dropped from 95ms to 65ms.
It's worth taking a shot at it especially if your connection is already stable.

#1516 March 9 2021

ZER0

Super Official wrote:
ZER0 wrote:
Super Official wrote:

I just emailed them asking to consider turning it off. They called me back yesterday and told me it can be done as I am on the GDS network and that they'll send a request. They got it done quickly and had it turned off this morning. I noticed that my SNR margin dropped by around 0.8 which I don't mind because I already am locked at 4mbps because I have the unlimited plan. No packet loss or disconnections so far. Latency in rainbow six for example dropped from 95ms to 65ms.

Awesome, especially since I play r6 siege. But are there any drawbacks to it?

#1517 March 9 2021

Super Official

ZER0 wrote:
Super Official wrote:
ZER0 wrote:

Awesome, especially since I play r6 siege. But are there any drawbacks to it?

Possible drawbacks are a little more packet loss when the line is unstable, as well as potentially lowering your speed by a couple mbps. Interleaving is basically a form of error correction so turning it off may cause these issues if your line is already unstable. But so far no drawbacks on my side.

#1518 March 9 2021

m0ei

Same! I juust emailed them and instantly they dropped it to 1ms interleaving. Ping went down to 56ms to Paris.

#1519 March 9 2021

ZER0

I've been asking alot  of questions about Idm because I'll be subscribed to them starting next month. Right now, I'm subscribed to a 200 gbs open speed offer with sodetel (150 gbs with 50 gbs extra during quarantine) and the limit is pretty good. Which plan do you recommend for me from Idm? I considered the iplan popular offer, but I would like to hear other suggestions since I can change it later on (iplans also sound a bit fishy). I know that they also have the same offer for the same price, but do you think there's a better option? My consumption is basically online gaming, conferencing, and streaming (mainly youtube and gogoanime). Thanks

#1520 March 9 2021

agdroubi

ZER0 wrote:

I've been asking alot  of questions about Idm because I'll be subscribed to them starting next month. Right now, I'm subscribed to a 200 gbs open speed offer with sodetel (150 gbs with 50 gbs extra during quarantine) and the limit is pretty good. Which plan do you recommend for me from Idm? I considered the iplan popular offer, but I would like to hear other suggestions since I can change it later on (iplans also sound a bit fishy). I know that they also have the same offer for the same price, but do you think there's a better option? My consumption is basically online gaming, conferencing, and streaming (mainly youtube and gogoanime). Thanks

I heard bad things things about iplan, I will take the 200gb plan if I were in your place.

Last edited by agdroubi (March 9 2021)

#1521 March 9 2021

anayman_k7

iPlan is basically shared unlimited, my family tried it for one month and had terrible experience with low speeds and unreliable internet so they went back to the limited 100 or 120GB plan which usually works normally, so I do not recommend iPlan at all

#1522 March 11 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

if you are searching for  unlimited with IDM but with no FUP, you have to get open speed limited for example OS 200GB package like I did and then get the unlimited evening package for 12,000 extra so in my case it's 82,000 a month, and the benefit of this is that it has no FUP so it won't throttle your speed after 13gbs a day like i had with iplan premium.

#1523 March 11 2021

ZER0

yourlocalfbiagent wrote:

if you are searching for  unlimited with IDM but with no FUP, you have to get open speed limited for example OS 200GB package like I did and then get the unlimited evening package for 12,000 extra so in my case it's 82,000 a month, and the benefit of this is that it has no FUP so it won't throttle your speed after 13gbs a day like i had with iplan premium.

Actually, besides the iplan I considered the 150 gbs plan with unlimited night. You mentioned the unlimited evening, to my understanding, it only doesn't consume data from streaming (selected apps) and gaming. Is it like the unlimited night traffic? If not what are the selected apps?

#1524 March 11 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

no, from my experience, its truly unlimited during the specified time period

#1525 March 11 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

Super Official wrote:
ZER0 wrote:
Super Official wrote:

I just called IDM and they told me that that option is not available and that only Ogero does that in there 'gaming mode'.

Board footer