LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 5 2021

agdroubi

VPN Recommendation

I was searching for free pptp/lt2p vpn service to use directly from my router. I found listvpn.com, they have several server locations including a server in Paris. I gave it a try and I was surprised by its very good speed in addition to being free.

However, I didn't find any website reviewing listvpn.com, which made me skeptical to use it.

If anyone has tried this service please give me your experience, should I use it or it may be some kind of spy?

#2 March 5 2021

RandomMemory

Re: VPN Recommendation

I use surfshark for the past year, no issues.

#3 March 6 2021

tricky

i use surfshark  too

#4 March 6 2021

beezer

This is VPN in a nutshell.

Privacy/Security/Speed - Pay for it (PIA, Express, SaferVPN)
Privacy/Security - Tor

Streaming - Pay for it

#5 March 7 2021

Hybrid

I have openvpn installed on my own server, the most secure way imo

#6 March 7 2021

Kazouza

I've been using Windscribe for a while. It seems to be quite decent

#7 March 7 2021

agdroubi

I found ProtonVPN which seems to have good speeds and unlimited consumption and its for free when used on only one device. According to reviews it seems to be a reputable company, I will use it for now as I will not be paying fresh dollars every month especially in our current Lebanese situation.

#8 March 7 2021

xazbrat

Kazouza wrote:

I have the free plan and they are giving 10 gig a month---more than enough for my needs atm.   The only limiting issue is that it is only browser specific.

#9 March 8 2021

Kazouza

xazbrat wrote:
Kazouza wrote:

I have the free plan and they are giving 10 gig a month---more than enough for my needs atm.   The only limiting issue is that it is only browser specific.

I actually get 50gigs and you can use their app it isn't limited to the browser

#10 March 8 2021

Idler

i have 2 lifetime subscriptions with 5 devices each from hotspot shield and unlimited vpn both are decent with good speeds and many servers.
if you are looking to pay i would recommend either PIA or psiphon

Last edited by Idler (March 8 2021)

#11 March 9 2021

rolf

I have tried a few.

I like Windscribe because it is particularly fast and has low power consumption on mobile (uses a special protocol I think). It has clients for all platforms, free quota for every month (I think 1 or 2 GB) and you don't need to enter private details to register.

I used it for a while. There are many other good VPN as well.

Another special one is Speedify which allows you to combine multiple connections for increased speed or reliability.

A few years ago I set up an OpenVPN server on a Linux VPS. The install was very time consuming. I still have it, this is what I use now, I have canceled my other VPN subscriptions. It is not as fast but does the job.

Last edited by rolf (March 9 2021)

Board footer