LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 November 24 2020

wollyka

Re: Terra Net - WDSL

RandomMemory wrote:

I am facing a slowdown on a different microwave, 35% slower. Getting terranet WDSL 12mbps tomorrow tho. Let's see how it goes.

Great, keep us posted.
I am thinking of getting it in Mansrourieh since it will be cheaper than 4G and I hope that it will be better than the "cable guy" internet which is slow as hell!

#52 November 24 2020

Beta0

RandomMemory wrote:

Can you give me a summary of the connection and your experience with it and did you push it to the limits?

Well, the only thing that is impressive other than upload speed is the constant latency, I tried pushing it with 300 connection with Bittorrent, the ping went from 55 to 62. There is no NAT which is a plus, but that doesn't matter these days.... Around 2 disconnections per month, not more than 2 minutes, ask them to not put you on a repeater if possible, I had 3 months uptime but poor speeds without repeater since I'm very far.

#53 November 24 2020

RandomMemory

Installation delayed till tomorrow.

#54 November 24 2020

bobo619

Beta0 wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

Can you give me a summary of the connection and your experience with it and did you push it to the limits?

Well, the only thing that is impressive other than upload speed is the constant latency, I tried pushing it with 300 connection with Bittorrent, the ping went from 55 to 62. There is no NAT which is a plus, but that doesn't matter these days.... Around 2 disconnections per month, not more than 2 minutes, ask them to not put you on a repeater if possible, I had 3 months uptime but poor speeds without repeater since I'm very far.

The ping is not that stable it fluctuates a lot with a margin of 20-30ms while gaming and during peak you suffer around 5% packet loss. Contacted support numerous time they never resolved the issue,imo for gaming stick with ogero. They even went to the extend to replace the repeater i am connected to and still the same problem everyone is facing as it is still a shared bandwidth just like the rest isps offers. If you are serious about gaming get a dedicated internet but it costs a lot even for a 2 Mbps plan.

Last edited by bobo619 (November 24 2020)

#55 November 24 2020

Beta0

bobo619 wrote:
Beta0 wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

The ping is not that stable it fluctuates a lot with a margin of 20-30ms while gaming and during peak you suffer around 5% packet loss. Contacted support numerous time they never resolved the issue,imo for gaming stick with ogero.

I agree that the support is trash, but so is Ogero, my ADSL disconnects every 5-30 mins, and no it's not an elevator issue, its affecting the whole neighborhood for a close 7 years now.

#56 November 24 2020

TheIlluminative

RandomMemory wrote:

Installation delayed till tomorrow.

You paid for everything at the official rate of 1507?

#57 November 24 2020

RandomMemory

Yes, I am receiving via a reseller, 150K LBP for installation and 480K LBP a month for 12mbps and I will get the 20mbps upgrade when it's available again. I pay 160K LBP for my current internet and right now it's giving me 4mbps which is unusable for work. The cache is great but everything else is not so good when you're working with streaming all day, I checked and last month I spent 300K LBP on alfa unlimited so might as well get this one and see what happens.

Last edited by RandomMemory (November 24 2020)

#58 November 24 2020

jsaade

RandomMemory wrote:

Yes, I am receiving via a reseller, 150K LBP for installation and 480K LBP a month for 12mbps and I will get the 20mbps upgrade when it's available again. I pay 160K LBP for my current internet and right now it's giving me 4mbps which is unusable for work. The cache is great but everything else is not so good when you're working with streaming all day, I checked and last month I spent 300K LBP on alfa unlimited so might as well get this one and see what happens.

what is alfa unlimited?

#59 November 24 2020

RandomMemory

the 5$ 2 hour unlimited alfa bundle.

#60 November 24 2020

RandomMemory

did any of you who have this get asked if they expect to go above 1TB-1.5TB a month?

#61 November 25 2020

bobo619

RandomMemory wrote:

did any of you who have this get asked if they expect to go above 1TB-1.5TB a month?

They have FUP they will throttle your bandwidth if you reach a certain quota.

Last edited by bobo619 (November 25 2020)

#62 November 25 2020

RandomMemory

did you ever reach it? and if so what is it.

#63 November 25 2020

bobo619

RandomMemory wrote:

I don t know exactly but after a 100Gb COD cold war and and 1 40Gb update this month my connection is down to 4 Mbps from 10 and even lower during peak times 3.2. I think it is around 250-300Gb monthly, if you want answers ask support as sales are clueless as usual

Last edited by bobo619 (November 25 2020)

#64 November 25 2020

RandomMemory

T

bobo619 wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

I don t know exactly but after a 100Gb COD cold war and and 1 40Gb update this month my connection is down to 4 Mbps from 10 and even lower during peak times 3.2. I think it is around 250-300Gb monthly, if you want answers ask support as sales are clueless as usual

There is no way you are FUPed at 140GB, This is supposed to be business internet

#65 November 25 2020

bobo619

RandomMemory wrote:

T

bobo619 wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

There is no way you are FUPed at 140GB, This is supposed to be business internet

It s not at 140GB it is my combined consumption i told you it is around 250-300GB

#66 November 25 2020

Beta0

RandomMemory wrote:

T

bobo619 wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

HAH business you say? They shrugged when I told them about low speeds the first 3 days, "this is not a business connection", that was before it turned to be a signal issue.

#67 November 25 2020

RandomMemory

bobo619 wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

T

bobo619 wrote:

It s not at 140GB it is my combined consumption i told you it is around 250-300GB

I'm sorry I just can't believe you are getting fupped at 250-300 GB. What is the point of having a 300k LBP connection that gives you 300GB at 12mbps when there's much better offers out there. We will see anyway.

Last edited by RandomMemory (November 25 2020)

#68 December 24 2020

Beta0

RandomMemory wrote:

the installation is expensive. 300 in USD, but it's an extremely professional install (at least the people who installed for me were). and the connection is 305k LBP after VAT

I paid around 200USD for installation + unit one half year ago.
RB911G-5HPnD-QRT, you can use winbox to get the model number.

#69 December 30 2020

RandomMemory

300GB downloaded as of today, no throttle so far...

#70 December 30 2020

RandomMemory

Beta0 wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

the installation is expensive. 300 in USD, but it's an extremely professional install (at least the people who installed for me were). and the connection is 305k LBP after VAT

I paid around 200USD for installation + unit one half year ago.
RB911G-5HPnD-QRT, you can use winbox to get the model number.

They installed 2 Mikrotiks for me, one of them was a QRT5 on my house and the other was a dynadish on the station 10KM away to get a better signal.

#71 January 30 2021

zizo99

does this require a landline phone?

#72 January 30 2021

DG

No it doesn't. WDSL stands for Wireless DSL.
It was specifically launched by Terranet for people who don't or can't have a landline.
They will perform a feasibility test/study and let you know if it works for you (where you live).

#73 January 31 2021

zizo99

DG wrote:

It was specifically launched by Terranet for people who don't or can't have a landline.
They will perform a feasibility test/study and let you know if it works for you (where you live).

great thank you.

but 12mbps for 300k LBP isn't a good option
I use a 4G connection from alfa, it's 25mbps+ for 360k but yes limited to 300GB monthly

Last edited by zizo99 (January 31 2021)

#74 January 31 2021

Beta0

zizo99 wrote:
DG wrote:

great thank you.

but 12mbps for 300k LBP isn't a good option
I use a 4G connection from alfa, it's 25mbps+ for 360k but yes limited to 300GB monthly

AlfaNet is no longer open for new users (max 200GB for now), 300GB is very low for 25mbps, I would recommend Touch FDD (full duplex) at this point as Alfa is TDD (half duplex). From my tests, LTE tends to have a huge 10ms jitter.

Last edited by Beta0 (January 31 2021)

#75 January 31 2021

m0ei

I get around 220mbps using Alfa's 4G, $200 for 200GB though. I mainly use their unlimited 2 hours quota (50GB FUP).

Board footer