LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#5751 October 22 2020

Mayyad

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Hi
My friend has a strange problem with Ogero DSL.
After successfully programmed the TPlink modem by ogero, he plugs the modem in his house and there was no dsl, called ogero and they told him to try the modem at his neighbor's house, he tries it at his neighbor's house and it is working, try his neighbor's modem (different brand) in his house and also working, try again his modem in his house he has no success.
Does anyone have a clue on what is happening?

Last edited by Mayyad (October 22 2020)

#5752 November 24 2020

AvoK95

Anyone know an ISP that is providing decent stable internet in Dawra area? Looking for something unlimited.

Mayyad wrote:

Hi
My friend has a strange problem with Ogero DSL.
After successfully programmed the TPlink modem by ogero, he plugs the modem in his house and there was no dsl, called ogero and they told him to try the modem at his neighbor's house, he tries it at his neighbor's house and it is working, try his neighbor's modem (different brand) in his house and also working, try again his modem in his house he has no success.
Does anyone have a clue on what is happening?

check the filter and wires to the filter, seems like there is a poor connection somewhere.

#5753 November 28 2020

Scode99

Hello all, I have a limited plan at my house and my garage. My house quota has ended. Does anyone have any idea If i can put in my garages’ ppoe account on my modem at home and use my garage internet quota from home?
Thank You

#5754 November 29 2020

Salloum

The quota is linked to the DSL number and not to the modem

#5755 November 29 2020

AvoK95

I think the PPPoE won't connect unless it's connected to the same phone line, If you have any way to get a phone line wire from your garage to your house, you could use it like that, otherwise, you can't use it.

Unless you know someone at Ogero who can temporarily switch the L numbers for you. (Needs very strong wasta)

#5756 November 29 2020

vengeance666

AvoK95 wrote:

I think the PPPoE won't connect unless it's connected to the same phone line, If you have any way to get a phone line wire from your garage to your house, you could use it like that, otherwise, you can't use it.

Unless you know someone at Ogero who can temporarily switch the L numbers for you. (Needs very strong wasta)

It works, you can even use your neighbors PPPOE on your own phone line. For example take your neighbors PPPOE and put in your modem, it works and usage will be billed on them. It even works even if they have their modem on inside their home, means a PPPOE account can be active in more than one place at a time. There is absolutely 0 security regarding this, that's why you should always be careful that nobody ever gets hold of your modem credentials because possibly he would extract the PPPOE user and password and use them to do big downloads "for free". It even works cross ISP, for example if you are an ogero subscriber and you use a cyberia PPPOE, it works too but the speed will be limited/slower than ogero.

#5757 November 29 2020

Beta0

vengeance666 wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

It works, you can even use your neighbors PPPOE on your own phone line. For example take your neighbors PPPOE and put in your modem, it works and usage will be billed on them. It even works even if they have their modem on inside their home, means a PPPOE account can be active in more than one place at a time. There is absolutely 0 security regarding this, that's why you should always be careful that nobody ever gets hold of your modem credentials because possibly he would extract the PPPOE user and password and use them to do big downloads "for free". It even works cross ISP, for example if you are an ogero subscriber and you use a cyberia PPPOE, it works too but the speed will be limited/slower than ogero.

Funny, I had 2 ADSL lines, and that did not work.

#5758 November 29 2020

vengeance666

Beta0 wrote:
vengeance666 wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

You can't do it on the same line in the same house at the same time. You probably misunderstood what I'm saying. You have to change the PPPOE user and password on your modem, you can't have 2 different modems connected at the same time in your house.

#5759 November 29 2020

Beta0

vengeance666 wrote:
Beta0 wrote:
vengeance666 wrote:

You can't do it on the same line in the same house at the same time. You probably misunderstood what I'm saying. You have to change the PPPOE user and password on your modem, you can't have 2 different modems connected at the same time in your house.

I've got two phone lines, they're obviously not connected to the same line, ADSL doesn't sync like that.
I had IDM on one, and Ogero on the other btw.

Last edited by Beta0 (November 29 2020)

#5760 December 21 2020

Moudimadi

Hello,I have internet thru a reseller. I asked him for a website to check my consumption and the package i have. He was like do whatever you want and don't care for the quota. But i really need it to check them. On speedtest it shows that he has internet from VISP " Virtual ISP ". What should i do to check my quota and the package im taking? Thank you.

#5761 December 21 2020

nuclearcat

Try following url: https://misp.cloud/user
And http://speedtest.misp.cloud might hint about username, demand password from reseller

#5762 December 21 2020

Moudimadi

nuclearcat wrote:

Try following url: https://misp.cloud/user
And http://speedtest.misp.cloud might hint about username, demand password from reseller

It worked. Thank you so much!

#5763 January 20 2021

boblax

I am lost which ones are reliable and won't lower the internet speed.

sodetel doesn't deliver the speed as promised and is less expensive

Last edited by boblax (January 20 2021)

#5764 January 20 2021

RandomMemory

There's no proper ISP in lebanon that will give you good internet for cheap. All residential providers have flaws. Ogero seems to be the one with the least issues.

Last edited by RandomMemory (January 20 2021)

#5765 January 20 2021

boblax

yes can someone quote the ogero price per plan (speed/price) and how is it better than sodetel?

Last edited by boblax (January 20 2021)

#5766 January 20 2021

boblax

did ogero start providing the fiber optic? i would be interested to start fiber optic with them although it is more expensive, but i dont need it right now

#5767 January 20 2021

HzSamer

Ogero is the best.

From the start of the pandemic the internet was very stable when the private ISPs were throttling the speed. I am playing all the time with 56-65 ping to Europe server (Interleaving off).

Also, the speed is consistent. I am on VDSL right now but for the last 3 years ogero was very good.

#5768 January 20 2021

nuclearcat

boblax wrote:

yes can someone quote the ogero price per plan (speed/price) and how is it better than sodetel?

It's on their website, https://www.ogero.gov.lb

#5769 January 20 2021

Beta0

HzSamer wrote:

Ogero is the best.

From the start of the pandemic the internet was very stable when the private ISPs were throttling the speed. I am playing all the time with 56-65 ping to Europe server (Interleaving off).

Also, the speed is consistent. I am on VDSL right now but for the last 3 years ogero was very good.

Ogero is the cartel leader for most ISPs

#5770 January 21 2021

RandomMemory

Beta0 wrote:
HzSamer wrote:

Ogero is the best.

Ogero is the cartel leader for most ISPs

The decision that led to every ISP being forced to buy bandwidth from ogero was probably the worst decision for competition.

#5771 January 28 2021

Moudimadi

Hello all, anyone has internet thru reseller that has been experiencing slow internet since like 2 weeks? My internet was amazing until he told me that there's a problem with Ogero central in Jdeideh. He said his internet is from Jdeideh central and there's a problem there. Even though when i go to speedtest. I can see VISP " Virtual ISP ". At morning till afternoon i used to get 4 to 5 mbit stable speed. After 3 AM i get arround 13 mbit. I'm not even having 13 mbit after 3 AM anymore. it's maximum 2mbit all of the day. Can someone confirm this? Thank you.

#5772 January 28 2021

Prince

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello all, anyone has internet thru reseller that has been experiencing slow internet since like 2 weeks? My internet was amazing until he told me that there's a problem with Ogero central in Jdeideh. He said his internet is from Jdeideh central and there's a problem there. Even though when i go to speedtest. I can see VISP " Virtual ISP ". At morning till afternoon i used to get 4 to 5 mbit stable speed. After 3 AM i get arround 13 mbit. I'm not even having 13 mbit after 3 AM anymore. it's maximum 2mbit all of the day. Can someone confirm this? Thank you.

the issue in VISP is more complicated then you think

#5773 January 28 2021

nuclearcat

Probably reseller is not paying his bills, thats why...

#5774 January 29 2021

xterm

I'm looking for higher speed internet in Daychounieh. The best i can get through ADSL is 4mbps.

Can anyone recommend alternatives?

I live in the valley, way down.

#5775 January 29 2021

RandomMemory

xterm wrote:

I'm looking for higher speed internet in Daychounieh. The best i can get through ADSL is 4mbps.

Can anyone recommend alternatives?

I live in the valley, way down.

Honestly, After suffering for 5 years, if you are willing to pay 300k a month for Terranet WDSL 12mbps go for it. True unlimited internet, stable 24/7. If you wanna go even more crazy, buy 2 (or as many as you want connections) and bond them with openmptcprouter. I made another thread about it where beta0 has extremely detailed explanations.

10832395534.png (2 bonded connections)
10829710411.png (Terranet)

Last edited by RandomMemory (January 29 2021)

Board footer