LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#651 October 11 2020

HzSamer

Re: Shipping from abroad (share your experience)

catdotgif wrote:

For those thinking of ordering from Beirutronics as it's "local" be aware that they don't actually have any stock in Lebanon.  When you place an order they import it for you.  That being said I got my item within 5 days for the price agreed upon.   I was willing to pay the markup they charge as I needed it quickly.  Also I didn't get all of my items, but the missing item was a heatsink worth $1 and they were giving me the runaround so I just gave up.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I checked their website around two weeks ago and I planned to order some items from them. Now I will buy them online from USA instead.

#652 October 11 2020

Aly

zizo99 wrote:

isn't shopandship still at 1515 rate?

Not anymore, as of the 15th of Sep they the rate is 3500, however other official fees (customs and taxes) are still at 1507.5

#653 October 27 2020

infiniteloop

Anyone shipped a graphic card with ShopandShip?
I am planning to buy a RTX 3070 as soon as they are available on amazon and use S&S
The Customs (jamerek) website says that PC components don't have customs but only VAT, is that true?

http://www.customs.gov.lb/Fees.aspx?ite … &value=550

#654 October 27 2020

wollyka

infiniteloop wrote:

I am planning to buy a RTX 3070 as soon as they are available on amazon and use S&S
The Customs (jamerek) website says that PC components don't have customs but only VAT, is that true?

No it is not true. They charged me once 150$ (including DHL fees) for a 800$ card ( 5 years ago)

Last edited by wollyka (October 27 2020)

#655 October 27 2020

HzSamer

infiniteloop wrote:

Check my last reply here you will find useful information.

#656 October 27 2020

infiniteloop

HzSamer wrote:
infiniteloop wrote:

Check my last reply here you will find useful information.

I just asked SnS, they said I must ask Amazon to clearly put it's a Computer Part on the package, not only graphic card, because sometimes some smart asses at the customs will see a circuit board and note it as ''Electronics'' instead of PC Part

#657 November 8 2020

Doom

If a friend from abroad wants to ship some parts to me, how should we go by with it? Will I have to pay fees/custom ?

#658 November 12 2020

Fouche

Anyone been ordering from Aliexpress lately? and have you been receiving your packages ?

#659 November 14 2020

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

for the past 2 days my package is in fedex local facility in beirut and it says "Delivery Exception: business closed no delivery attempt" does that mean i will have to wait 2 weeks to receive my package or they will be open on monday and deliver it?

#660 November 29 2020

ziadomran

Hi
I am getting a phone shipped from my friend abroad. It's their old used phone and I am wondering what steps we both have to take since I have no information about anything. What used to happen is that they physically come to Lebanon and give the phone or anything that we want to ship, but now it's almost impossible to make them come to Lebanon.

Logically, they have to take the phone to DHL in their area, give them the phone, pay for shipping, put it in a package and send it to Lebanon where they just bring me the phone and everyone is happy.

But knowing that we both live in Arab countries where stealing is number 1 task of both governments, I know something would be off and we will have like 100 steps till I receive the phone.

Does anyone know how this works and can help clarify steps from A to Z? That would be really helpful.

#661 November 30 2020

random-username

ziadomran wrote:

Hi
I am getting a phone shipped from my friend abroad. It's their old used phone and I am wondering what steps we both have to take since I have no information about anything. What used to happen is that they physically come to Lebanon and give the phone or anything that we want to ship, but now it's almost impossible to make them come to Lebanon.

Logically, they have to take the phone to DHL in their area, give them the phone, pay for shipping, put it in a package and send it to Lebanon where they just bring me the phone and everyone is happy.

But knowing that we both live in Arab countries where stealing is number 1 task of both governments, I know something would be off and we will have like 100 steps till I receive the phone.

Does anyone know how this works and can help clarify steps from A to Z? That would be really helpful.

I sent my mom my phone via Canada Post. DHL is far too expensive imo, so I chose the cheaper longer option. Just make sure the phone is marked as "broken and being sent back for warranty" so you don't pay customs on it.

It should work just fine out of the box, since the government scrapped the whole IMEI registration a while back

#662 December 2 2020

NuclearVision

guys has anyone received a package from abroad recenrlt with normal airmail?

#663 December 4 2020

NuclearVision

??
Has lebanon suspended air mail?
Something weird is happening and libanpost refused to admit.
I have air mail coming from 4 countries and all are stuck in transit for months now.

#664 December 4 2020

NuclearVision wrote:

??
Has lebanon suspended air mail?
Something weird is happening and libanpost refused to admit.
I have air mail coming from 4 countries and all are stuck in transit for months now.

i was at liban post today they told me all shipping is suspended for about a month now on all companies except dhl because of dhl changed their pricing to usd while everyone else is charging at 1515 rate. Note that this is for shipping from lebanon not to Lebanon idk the case about receiving.

I received a shipment around 2 weeks ago from fedex took 2 weeks from USA usually it takes 4 days i guess due to corona

#665 December 5 2020

aRK0

I received an item as DEUTSCH MAIL from Germany, no issues took time but its all is good

NuclearVision wrote:

#666 December 6 2020

NuclearVision

aRK0 wrote:

I received an item as DEUTSCH MAIL from Germany, no issues took time but its all is good

NuclearVision wrote:

thank you, this is relieving.
Guess I'll have to wait.

#667 December 7 2020

infiniteloop

I have an item that arrived from aliexpress in Beirut airport 10 days ago, still nothing new but customs always have been random in timing from 2 to 15 days.
I am planning to bring computer parts with S&S from Europe, they are still counting delivery fees at 3900?

#668 December 7 2020

nosense

infiniteloop wrote:

I am planning to bring computer parts with S&S from Europe, they are still counting delivery fees at 3900?

yes

#669 December 14 2020

infiniteloop

I have an item from aliexpress that is stucked to "arrived at destination country" for 8 days already, not even yet with the customs, either SunYou tracking is incomplete or Lebanese customs just work 30 minutes per day

#670 December 14 2020

Victor

infiniteloop wrote:

I have an item from aliexpress that is stucked to "arrived at destination country" for 8 days already, not even yet with the customs, either SunYou tracking is incomplete or Lebanese customs just work 30 minutes per day

The latter option is true lol

Most of the shipping time from AliExpress is just the stuff going through customs

#671 December 15 2020

ironman

Same here, most of my items have been stuck in customs for like 8 days at least

#672 December 19 2020

NuclearVision

got an item from usa, the address was super clear on it, yet libanpost didnt deliver it, they called me to arrange for delivery (which never happened before) or go pickit up from an office.
I paid 3 000 lbp and they told me watch out you're gonna pay for everything from now on.

#673 December 19 2020

anayman_k7

Last month I sent a package from Lebanon to UK and it was heavy one that costed me 230k LBP, this month I wanted to send another one but I heard that Libanpost stopped doing this until they adjust the prices, they might switch to 3900 rate soon

#674 December 20 2020

anayman_k7 wrote:

Last month I sent a package from Lebanon to UK and it was heavy one that costed me 230k LBP, this month I wanted to send another one but I heard that Libanpost stopped doing this until they adjust the prices, they might switch to 3900 rate soon

i shipped using liban post to uk 2 weeks ago they still allow it along as its a small package i paid 30 thou

#675 December 21 2020

infiniteloop

Any alternative to S&S for shipments from France?
I ordered amd cpu from Amazon but after paying they said they will send me an OTP code the day of delivery, S&S does not accept otp in France. So I am  fracked in both ways. My only solution is to find another courier which can use otp

Board footer