LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 28 2008

jeko

Paypal or not paypal

Hi there,

I never introduced myself, so I believe I'll gonna start by this :-) I'm a newcomer to Lebanon, from France, arriving in dozen of weeks. I'm quite geek to: author of some open-source software and I work in a Computer Graphics research laboratory, so I'm happy to have reached this forum I do not even know how!

Well, I do have a question to.
I'm gonna be paid for a project I made for a guy in the US. He suggests Paypal, but I've read I can't access my Paypal account (and money) in Lebanon. Do you know more about this? Any other options? (e-gold? but I've seen there is 40% fee to get the money).

Thanks a lot for your help.

#2 May 28 2008

nuclearcat

Re: Paypal or not paypal

I think you will have some kind of trouble with all this things. Probably better if he just send you Western Union.
Otherwise u need someone outside, to help u convert Paypal to cash and send this cash over any other way to you.

#3 May 28 2008

samer
Admin

Hello Jeko,
I'm glad you finally decided to post here :)

As far as I know, If you already have an active account (that you created in France), you won't have any problems receiving the money via paypal. However, if you wish to create a new account, you can't because paypal does not accept Lebanese users.
Anyway, western union is an option, like Nuc suggested. Also, why not wire the money from his bank account to yours?

#4 May 28 2008

rolf

I think there's a replacement for paypal that works in lebanon (and lots of other countries) but i'm sorry i forgot the name...

Board footer