LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 November 15 2020

rolf

Re: PlayStation 5 Officially Announced

nosense wrote:

I use LTE and it is very stable for gaming with ~80 ms ping

Also xterm and TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge,

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Yes I guess 80ms is playable.

I used to have 5ms ping when I was living abroad. For Call of Duty, I think it made a difference.

I want to wait it out until I can get sub 10ms ping again.

#77 November 16 2020

chosen2k

What are Fattal price? Is it the official price $399 digital & $499 disc version

Last edited by chosen2k (November 16 2020)

#78 November 16 2020

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge

rolf wrote:
nosense wrote:

I used to have 5ms ping when I was living abroad. For Call of Duty, I think it made a difference.

i have 9 years of experience playing with high ping and that includes high ping to NA and EU servers, you do have to get used to high ping yeah you'll suck at first but after a few hours your aim will re-calibrate to the difference which if 80ms translate to 0.08 seconds. It does make a difference playing on low ping but that's only in higher rank leagues of gaming for example games like cs:go and valorant where you can snipe and every millisecond matters you can still destroy everyone unless you are playing against plat or lem players as that is when ping and input lag starts making a difference. I play valorant with my friends from the UK and even with my 80 ping I am always the top fragger but that's because i'm in gold and not high ranking, as for call of duty well its a really popular game i've owned the past 3 on pc the entire middle east plays it and you will 90% of the time have full middle eastern lobbies which means they all have 60-100 ping to EU servers. what i'm trying to say you don't have to stop playing just because you now live in Lebanon, yes you are disadvantaged but it isn't that big of a deal unless you want to play professionally or at really high ranks.

#79 November 16 2020

Beta0

TokMe3HrsToSolveChallenge wrote:
rolf wrote:
nosense wrote:

i have 9 years of experience playing with high ping and that includes high ping to NA and EU servers, you do have to get used to high ping yeah you'll suck at first but after a few hours your aim will re-calibrate to the difference which if 80ms translate to 0.08 seconds. It does make a difference playing on low ping but that's only in higher rank leagues of gaming for example games like cs:go and valorant where you can snipe and every millisecond matters you can still destroy everyone unless you are playing against plat or lem players as that is when ping and input lag starts making a difference. I play valorant with my friends from the UK and even with my 80 ping I am always the top fragger but that's because i'm in gold and not high ranking, as for call of duty well its a really popular game i've owned the past 3 on pc the entire middle east plays it and you will 90% of the time have full middle eastern lobbies which means they all have 60-100 ping to EU servers. what i'm trying to say you don't have to stop playing just because you now live in Lebanon, yes you are disadvantaged but it isn't that big of a deal unless you want to play professionally or at really high ranks.

Agreed, it's a bit of "The Fox and the Grapes" for some here... Especially dismissing single player games as having no value. Or being Pro-"insert hardware company name here" lately, with -full respect- is a bit childish.

#80 November 16 2020

RandomMemory

Is gadgitech trusted?

#81 November 16 2020

nosense

RandomMemory wrote:

Is gadgitech trusted?

I wouldn't buy it from them, didn't have a very good experience when I ordered an item once and they wouldn't reply or answer the phone, and when I gave up and bought it somewhere else the delivery guy showed up after a month.

#82 November 16 2020

RandomMemory

nosense wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

Is gadgitech trusted?

I wouldn't buy it from them, didn't have a very good experience when I ordered an item once and they wouldn't reply or answer the phone, and when I gave up and bought it somewhere else the delivery guy showed up after a month.

They said I need to put down 1.5M deposit, and I can get it in person on thursday.

Edit: Ordered anyway, let's see where this goes.

Last edited by RandomMemory (November 16 2020)

#83 November 17 2020

rolf

what i'm trying to say you don't have to stop playing just because you now live in Lebanon, yes you are disadvantaged but it isn't that big of a deal unless you want to play professionally or at really high ranks.

Thank you, I will take your advice. No I'm not pro or anything like that. It's just about the experience.

#84 November 17 2020

rolf

Beta0 wrote:

Agreed, it's a bit of "The Fox and the Grapes" for some here... Especially dismissing single player games as having no value. Or being Pro-"insert hardware company name here" lately, with -full respect- is a bit childish.

I know what I want and what I like, nothing childish about that.

#85 November 17 2020

ramy58

Spinneys has set the price at 720$. If you know stores that have cheaper prices, let us know !

#86 November 17 2020

Tech Guru

ramy58 wrote:

Spinneys has set the price at 720$. If you know stores that have cheaper prices, let us know !

He splitted the price or taking the TTC including VAT?

#87 November 17 2020

RandomMemory

gadgitech is cheapest so far. 5.3M for the console but it sold out sunday night. at 8000 LBP per USD it's around 663$

Last edited by RandomMemory (November 17 2020)

#88 November 17 2020

ramy58

Tech Guru wrote:
ramy58 wrote:

He splitted the price or taking the TTC including VAT?

I have no idea, they just replied "719$" to people asking for the price on Facebook.

#89 November 17 2020

Beta0

rolf wrote:

I'm sorry. I got hooked to online multiplayer. ... I'm not into retro or story mode gaming. Sorry for being negative.

rolf wrote:

I know what I want and what I like, nothing childish about that.

No need to be sorry here buddy, we don't bite, good to hear your opinion about this! :)

#90 November 18 2020

Tech Guru

We know scaplers have been selling the PS5 for prices reaching 1000 USD , due to high demand and low supply. Now there is an unprecedented form of PS5 selling LMFAO. The end of the world is near.

FB-IMG-1605681233552.jpg

Last edited by Tech Guru (November 18 2020)

#91 November 19 2020

nosense

anyone bought it?

#92 November 19 2020

RandomMemory

Sold out at spinneys

#93 November 19 2020

nosense

RandomMemory wrote:

Sold out at spinneys

looks like it is sold out everywhere

#94 November 19 2020

AVOlio

People are dying from hunger. /s
People aren't getting their monies from banks. /s
People have no work and no income. /s

Only in Lebanon.

#95 November 19 2020

Draguen

@AVOlio, don't assume everyone bought a PS5, you have no idea of the number of units Spyness or any other reseller actually had ordered, nor how it reflects on how many units were sold at the launch of the PS4.

you are on a public forum, if you don't believe that people are in deep shit, just get out of your apartment and walk outside for 5 mins please. If after that you're still not convinced and are in a position to help, please DM me so to actually have a positive impact. it's all hands on deck.

#96 November 19 2020

nosense

yeah the stock was actually very limited, I would be surprised if it is >1000 units over lebanon.

#97 November 19 2020

RandomMemory

It was around <50 countrywide. People are dying from hunger, people can't get their money from the banks and people have no work and income and if they do it's trash income unless you receive money from abroad (which I think you shouldn't spend it on this anyway) or you work abroad or remotely then you're in the best shape you can ever be in. Also Phonefinity, sony world, nino and other stores cannot stock due to covid and they all told me it will be available after the lockdown ends. Gadgitech had 3 units only and they all sold out today and you had to put a deposit to get one.

Last edited by RandomMemory (November 19 2020)

#98 November 19 2020

Tech Guru

Done for Lazy Couch Gaming
3090 Strix on the Way

Price: 720TTC
Damn You Scaplers

20201119-145932.jpg

#99 November 19 2020

m0ei

Tech Guru wrote: