LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#926 October 23 2020

Tech Guru

Re: Lebanese lira to USD exchange

Without real injection to increase the supply,  these are  all repeated games to let people sell their saved USD at homes in afraid the usd will fall more. They will collect USDs ,  a similar manoeuvre happened when  they elected the ex PM. #Notrust

The aim of BDL is to collect USD , by all means, to extend the period for removing subsidies on bread , gasoline , and medicines. As such , these manoeuvres will inject some USDs to the BDL reserves.

Last edited by Tech Guru (October 24 2020)

#927 October 28 2020

rolf

Are people really betting their hopes on politics, that a cabinet would be formed, that Hariri would be PM? Like these things never happened in the past.

#928 October 28 2020

infiniteloop

Specially that the same corrupted people will choose one of their friend as minister

#929 October 28 2020

DNA

nothing is corrupt in lebanon more than the lebanese themselves i have seen lot of cultures in my lifetime and lebanese people with all my respect to the good few like you guys around here, i don't blame the politicians at all good for them they have bunch of clowns with medieval minds following them with the mentality that they are protecting their existence from other sects. this will never change I not being pessimistic but that is our reality, naive people following leaders and religion can't get worse.

#930 October 28 2020

VincentKeyboard

DNA wrote:

nothing is corrupt in lebanon more than the lebanese themselves i have seen lot of cultures in my lifetime and lebanese people with all my respect to the good few like you guys around here, i don't blame the politicians at all good for them they have bunch of clowns with medieval minds following them with the mentality that they are protecting their existence from other sects. this will never change I not being pessimistic but that is our reality, naive people following leaders and religion can't get worse.

People generally need to be policed or else they will mess up everything. That is why we have the notion of governments and authorities.
Normal human beings are expected to elect people who will enforce rules, guidelines, and make sure everything is running properly. This is in addition to regularly developing and integrating economic, academic, and infrastructural improvements that add sustainability to basic services which in turn can sustain anything above them such industries, businesses, hospitals, schools, and public institutions. We are missing the basic foundation for a sustainable country. We need a major reform.
Lebanese people, on the other hand, elect incompetent politicians who are as corrupt and the citizens.

I know people who have benefited from politicians. Many rich people would be homeless without Michel Aoun or Harriri or your favorite political party leader. But not everyone did benefit and not everyone even supports political parties. I visited several political party headquarters (parties from different religions and backgrounds) in the last few years asking for help or direction. They all rejected me.

My current employer distrusts politicians as much as I do. Although I make sure I do not engage in such conversations with him, I hear him expressing his opinions to other coworkers and I agree with the sentiments.

#931 October 29 2020

VincentKeyboard

Does anyone know how the withdrawal amount/week in LBP accounts at Audi bank ended up?

#932 October 29 2020

anayman_k7

VincentKeyboard wrote:

Does anyone know how the withdrawal amount/week in LBP accounts at Audi bank ended up?

5 millions

#933 October 29 2020

VincentKeyboard

Thanks. So they only halved the withdrawal limit again for USD accounts?

#934 October 29 2020

anayman_k7

VincentKeyboard wrote:

Thanks. So they only halved the withdrawal limit again for USD accounts?

I don't have information about Lollar accounts, for Fresh dollars there should be no limits, last time I checked it was 1000$ daily

#935 October 30 2020

DNA

is western union paying fresh dollars?
if not what is the rate?
Thanks

#936 October 30 2020

NuclearVision

Yes they are, they do take a fee, it is 2% or something, double check.

#937 October 30 2020

DNA

NuclearVision wrote:

I will tomorrow thx man

#938 October 31 2020

xazbrat

DNA wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

I will tomorrow thx man

Also, not all will have actual dollars, and they will try to give you dollars at the black market rate.  If you need the dollars, look around at more than one place.

#939 November 1 2020

HzSamer

DNA wrote:

is western union paying fresh dollars?
if not what is the rate?
Thanks

Yes, go to their main office in Tayouneh. This is the best option as the others maybe will not give you the whole amount in $.

https://goo.gl/maps/MMCv3STcuL2NDqVb8

#940 November 1 2020

Hybrid

Most of them are giving fresh dollars as far as i know.

You can always ask if they have dollars before you give them the number.

#941 December 2 2020

gamingindex

does anyone know someone who is buying lollar cheques (cheque bancaire in USD) ? my bank is not allowing me to withdraw money from my account so my only option to withdraw my salary is to sell cheque bancaire.

Last edited by gamingindex (December 2 2020)

#942 December 3 2020

Mayyad

gamingindex wrote:

does anyone know someone who is buying lollar cheques (cheque bancaire in USD) ? my bank is not allowing me to withdraw money from my account so my only option to withdraw my salary is to sell cheque bancaire.

Is the bank limiting your withdraw or not allowing at all? What bank is it?
There's like alternative market for cheques, but the prices are around 35% for fresh dollar and around 3000 for LBP.

#943 December 3 2020

infiniteloop

Freaking Salamé, he decreased the monthly withdrawal in the Christmas month. While he and his friends politicians can withdraw 50000$ cash any day if they want
He promised he "magic" plan that will save lebanese economy 3 months ago, but as usual empty promises just to stay at his place

#944 February 23 2021

gamingindex

does anyone know someone who buys cheque bancaire from me ? I have been depositing my usd salary cheque for the last year and everything has been going well my bank was allowing me to withdraw 1000$ at 3900L.L. but now suddenly they locked my account and not allowing to withdraw any amount for the reason that BDL released a new law disallowing account with no previous cheques history to use cheques in their accounts.

#945 February 26 2021

boblax

I want to buy a laptop and also a phone.
do you think in the future there will be no more dollars that stores can get to purchase products (fresh dollar)

mojitech is still selling laptops for lebanese pounds what do you think?

Do you think in the future stores won’t have dollars to buy products and they will no longer be selling them for lbp?

#946 February 26 2021

beezer

I think it's the best time to buy if you have dollars as the official tax rate is still 1,500lbp.

#947 March 17 2021

leblinux

So which app is now being used to know the $ price after they banned lirarate?

#948 March 17 2021

nosense

leblinux wrote:

you can use a vpn, also lirarate works for me without vpn.

or use this app

https://apps.apple.com/lb/app/lira-exch … 1492826548

#949 March 17 2021

xazbrat

leblinux wrote:

This one works too, with a VPN.  Have a FB page as well as a telegram group too.  https://lebaneselira.org/

Just use a VPN though---most sites work with one.

#950 March 17 2021

Hybrid

I don't live in Lebanon anymore, so I'm just wondering how did they ban these sites? Was it by IP or DNS ?

Board footer