LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#3776 March 26 2020

DG

Re: Feedback for Ogero

At around 5:30pm the internet just died.  No problems on the line,  etc... just no internet. Service is getting worse with time.

#3777 March 26 2020

HzSamer

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Is vdsl port open to everyone on ogero?

What is the speed you get on Ogero website?

If you are getting around 20mbps, 90% you will be able to have VDSL but you need to request a feasibility test.

#3778 March 26 2020

Kareem

HzSamer wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

If you are getting around 20mbps, 90% you will be able to have VDSL but you need to request a feasibility test.

I get 23Mbps on Ogero website but that rarely means anything as I can't sync any higher than 18.5 - 19mbps ( Bir Hassan )

I requested a switch to VDSL they informed me that my application is being processed and that I have to wait at least 2 weeks.

When they say 2 weeks it probably means an eternity.

#3779 March 26 2020

wollyka

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
wollyka wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Depends on the Central.

What about Ras Beirut?

I think they have VDSL there, like Mazraa

#3780 March 26 2020

wollyka

Kareem wrote:
HzSamer wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

I get 23Mbps on Ogero website but that rarely means anything as I can't sync any higher than 18.5 - 19mbps ( Bir Hassan )

I requested a switch to VDSL they informed me that my application is being processed and that I have to wait at least 2 weeks.

The feasibility test took them 2 weeks, but the switch took them 2 months (but on IDM)

#3781 March 27 2020

HzSamer

Kareem wrote:
HzSamer wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

You will be able to have VDSL. If you get 20mbps and more, it is an indicator of that. Also, check the distance between your home and the central on google maps. It should be less than 800m.

When I submitted my application for the feasibility test, they did it the next day. They called me and switched my line to VDSL after one week. But I still running after them to change my ports to VDSL as they didn't do that until now.

#3782 March 27 2020

Kareem

HzSamer wrote:
Kareem wrote:
HzSamer wrote:

You will be able to have VDSL. If you get 20mbps and more, it is an indicator of that. Also, check the distance between your home and the central on google maps. It should be less than 800m.

When I submitted my application for the feasibility test, they did it the next day. They called me and switched my line to VDSL after one week. But I still running after them to change my ports to VDSL as they didn't do that until now.

I'm very close to the CO ( I can see it from the balcony ) and on google earth it's like 400m straight line.

The infrastructure isn't the best TBH as I should be syncing at a much higher speed and I did on purpose run a cable straight from the telephone box in the building to my Modem ( we don't use the landline, I mean we really don't  ) so 20dB attenuation was the best I could get.

What do you mean switched your line to VDSL but not the port? I thought all was needed is a port change.

#3783 March 31 2020

HzSamer

Finally switched to VDSL

9215350125.png

#3784 April 1 2020

Kareem

HzSamer wrote:

What was your speed on ADSL ?  ( Attenuation, attainable rate etc... )

Last edited by Kareem (April 1 2020)

#3785 April 1 2020

ahk40a

HzSamer wrote:

This speed should be attained by ADSL, on VDSL you should get much better speeds. kindly, investigate the line values.

#3786 April 1 2020

HzSamer

Kareem wrote:
HzSamer wrote:

What was your speed on ADSL ?  ( Attenuation, attainable rate etc... )

Here is what I get. The max real speed on ADSL is around 12-13Mbps and on VDSL the download speed is around 21-22Mbps and the upload is consistant 8Mbps

I think Ogero is capping the download speed.

ApGiKcw.png

dhBNg41.png

#3787 April 1 2020

HzSamer

ahk40a wrote:
HzSamer wrote:

This speed should be attained by ADSL, on VDSL you should get much better speeds. kindly, investigate the line values.

When ogero did the feasibilty test, the reslut was 33Mbps for download and 19mbps for upload. Now I am syncing with 29Mbps but the real speed is around 22mbps. Also, the upload speed is 8Mbps only so they capped it.

#3788 April 1 2020

Kareem

HzSamer wrote:
ahk40a wrote:
HzSamer wrote:

When ogero did the feasibilty test, the reslut was 33Mbps for download and 19mbps for upload. Now I am syncing with 29Mbps but the real speed is around 22mbps. Also, the upload speed is 8Mbps only so they capped it.

I highly doubt they capped the download speeds but yes the upload is fine for 10mbps.

You should be able to download @ 27mbps not 22Mbps if you're syncing at 30mbps. Usually it's roughly 88-90% of the advertised speed due to overhead  ( TM framing, pppoe and tcp headers.

Can you try try a download manager that allows multiple simultaneous streams like Internet Download Manager and try to download this test file :

http://speedtest.ftp.otenet.gr/files/test1Gb.db

If you need accurate download speed check your interface in Windows task manager. You should be able to hit 27Mbps easily.

Also does you modem support custom SNRM ? You SNR marging is 10dB if you can lower it to 7dB you could easily achieve a sync speed of 35Mbps.

#3789 April 1 2020

HzSamer

I checked the speed before from the task manager and tested it on http://speedtest.tele2.net with IDM

The link you shared didn't reach more than 16mbps.

And my modem is TPlink TD-W9960 which is very basic one. I don't have such option like the Asus.

Do you think the CRC errors are high? On ADSL they were less than 100 and now  are reaching 1800 in one hour.

RBXK4uD.png

#3790 April 1 2020

Kareem

HzSamer wrote:

I checked the speed before from the task manager and tested it on http://speedtest.tele2.net with IDM

And my modem is TPlink TD-W9960 which is very basic one. I don't have such option like the Asus.

Do you think the CRC errors are high? On ADSL they were less than 100 and now  are reaching 1800 in one hour.

https://i.imgur.com/RBXK4uD.png

Out of curiosity, are you still using the same ADSL filter/splitter ?

#3791 April 1 2020

ahk40a

Kareem wrote:
HzSamer wrote:

A very good question, but I doubt he is using it, as the sync is above 24Mbps.

#3792 April 1 2020

AVOlio

Guys,

I installed a new cat6 cable from the Ogero box down the building straight to my room from the balcony.

I canceled out all the sockets in the house.
All I have now is one cat6 cable with an rj11 socket connected to the modem / router.

The thing is, I still want to hook the landline phone to the cable.

I tried using a splitter and filter.
But what it's doing is cutting my speed on vdsl in half.
I tried many combinations, and the speed keeps getting reduced.

Without phone : im getting 49mbps current rate / 10mbps current rate.

With phone : I'm getting 23mbps current / 5mbps current.

Any solutions??

#3793 April 1 2020

Kareem

AVOlio wrote:

Guys,

I installed a new cat6 cable from the Ogero box down the building straight to my room from the balcony.

All I have now is one cat6 cable with an rj11 socket connected to the modem / router.

Any solutions??

I don't understand exactly what's going on. So how are you connecting your phone? What kind of filter or splitter are you using?

As far as I know, you can't use any random splitter.  ADSL splitter usually contain a low pass filter and some also contain a filter that will block anything above 2 MHz. VDSL2 goes up to 12 MHz I believe...

#3794 April 1 2020

ahk40a

AVOlio wrote:

Guys,

Any solutions??

In that case, you are using an ADSL splitter, you have to use a VDSL Splitter.

#3795 April 1 2020

AVOlio

Where can I find vdsl splitters.

#3796 April 1 2020

HzSamer

Kareem wrote:
HzSamer wrote:

Yes, I was using the old one, then I tried the VDSL splitter that came with the modem. Also, I tried to plug the modem directly to the wall socket. All the same result.

#3797 April 1 2020

Kazouza

Kareem wrote:
HzSamer wrote:

Wouldn't it be better to test the speed using ethernet? He's currently testing through a wireless connection, so speeds might be slower no?

#3798 April 2 2020

Moudimadi

Hello all, so Ogero gave me the VDSL in Dohat Aramoun. There's a guy who came and tested my phone line quality inside the electricity room. He told me who told you that you can have vdsl?  i told him Ogero. He was like you cant have vdsl you're so far from the central and you dont have an active cabinet in your region. Anyway im on vdsl now syncing same speed i used to get on adsl. Maximum 13 Mbit download 1 Mbit upload. Even though when i put my number in ogero's website. It gives me that my phone line can handle 19 mbit. And since year and a half i changed the phone line from my house to the box inside the electricity room. The guy installed me a cat5e line. So i dont know what's the problem with them. Finally i got my VDSL but not the way i wanted it.

#3799 April 2 2020

Kareem

Moudimadi wrote:

Hello all, so Ogero gave me the VDSL in Dohat Aramoun. There's a guy who came and tested my phone line quality inside the electricity room. He told me who told you that you can have vdsl?  i told him Ogero. He was like you cant have vdsl you're so far from the central and you dont have an active cabinet in your region. Anyway im on vdsl now syncing same speed i used to get on adsl. Maximum 13 Mbit download 1 Mbit upload. Even though when i put my number in ogero's website. It gives me that my phone line can handle 19 mbit. And since year and a half i changed the phone line from my house to the box inside the electricity room. The guy installed me a cat5e line. So i dont know what's the problem with them. Finally i got my VDSL but not the way i wanted it.

Post stats of modem.

#3800 April 2 2020

wollyka

AVOlio wrote:

Where can I find vdsl splitters.

As far as i know, the modem needs to be directly connected to the phone line (which is what the 'modem' port does in the adsl/vdsl filter). The filter is only actually "filtering" the phone line, so shouldn't really matter.
Try a different filter, it may be broken or low quality. For example, i have one cheap Chinese filter that for whatever reason gives me 20% lower speed. Using the filter that came with the modem gave me near full speed.

Try your filter first connect the modem to it but not the phone. If the speed goes down, it is definitely a faulty filter and you change it.
If the speed still the same as without the filter, then it could be your phone. Try another phone (borrow one) and try it.

Last edited by wollyka (April 2 2020)

Board footer