LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#5701 March 19

Ahmad Toutounji
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Ezio wrote:

I'm a gamer, I was on ogero with open speed 200, though I was struggling because no unlimited night quota was provided. For that I decided to transfer to mobi 2 moths ago. However their service is disgusting and I'm unable to play online games since then. Are all private isp like that and if yes is there a way to avoid the 40 days no internet to go back to ogero.
Regards and f**k this country

Same here turned to Mobi because Ogero doesn't have free night quota, and ever since(2 months) peak time internet is very bad.
Any news on private isps if they are willing to fix their situation? Because Ogero is the only reliable option right now.

Offline

#5702 March 19

Johnaudi
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

With the new updates due to the outbreak, Ogero isn't near reliable anymore.

Offline

#5703 March 19

Ahmad Toutounji
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Johnaudi wrote:

With the new updates due to the outbreak, Ogero isn't near reliable anymore.

I thought ogero was stable, i have some friends who said that

Offline

#5704 March 19

Johnaudi
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

It used to be. For the past day or two all I'm getting is randomly disconnections and extreme slowdowns. (Including my friends)

Offline

#5705 March 20

kareem_nasser
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Most of us are at home using that home DSL connection and over Wifi, so local congestion is inevitable especially those who are still with a 6 year (sometimes 10 with those old 586 thomson modems) old modem which mainly uses a single 2.4GHz band.

This local congestion over Wifi could potentially, drop internet connection, drop packets, increase latency (especially if over wifi).

As you know those modems, have RAMs and a CPU and if they can't sustain the local connection along with its primary role to modulate the DSL connection then it will most likely run into bottlenecks, even overheating.

Offline

#5706 March 20

Kareem
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
Johnaudi wrote:

With the new updates due to the outbreak, Ogero isn't near reliable anymore.

I thought ogero was stable, i have some friends who said that

Mine is very stable, not even blinking. I guess it depends where you live.

Offline

#5707 March 20

nuclearcat
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Most likely high amount of electrical appliances and cross-interference in some dense areas might degrade signal in copper wires and can cause modems to desync. Not Ogero to blame in this particular case...

Offline

#5708 March 20

DG
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Johnaudi wrote:

It used to be. For the past day or two all I'm getting is randomly disconnections and extreme slowdowns. (Including my friends)

I'm getting random disconnections on Ogero as well lately.

Offline

#5709 March 20

Johnaudi
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

We're having classes in my university on Microsoft Teams, half of the class is losing connection at the same time, and the other half loses it at another time. It's quite odd considering they wanted to "double our speed and traffic".

Offline

#5710 March 20

nuclearcat
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Johnaudi wrote:

We're having classes in my university on Microsoft Teams, half of the class is losing connection at the same time, and the other half loses it at another time. It's quite odd considering they wanted to "double our speed and traffic".

Which ISP it is?

Offline

#5711 March 20

Johnaudi
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

nuclearcat wrote:

Which ISP it is?

Ogero.

Offline

#5712 March 20

HzSamer
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Kareem wrote:
Ahmad Toutounji wrote:
Johnaudi wrote:

With the new updates due to the outbreak, Ogero isn't near reliable anymore.

I thought ogero was stable, i have some friends who said that

Mine is very stable, not even blinking. I guess it depends where you live.


Also, mine is very stable. Here are some tests that I did two days ago.

https://twitter.com/HzSamer/status/1240370917185925120

Last edited by HzSamer (March 20)

Offline

#5713 March 20

kareem_nasser
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

The key under current circumstances is monitoring your internal network. Even utilizing bandwidth control if possible on your modem/router to specific devices not used for critical tasks. If you still didn't notice an issue, then check the modem stats.

Offline

#5714 March 20

vengeance666
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Is it just me or that I'm actually experiencing better stability and higher speeds since they doubled the quota ? They might have fixed something on their end at that point which is giving me a better internet experience overall

Offline

#5715 March 20

wollyka
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Only you

Offline

#5716 March 20

Johnaudi
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

vengeance666 wrote:

Is it just me or that I'm actually experiencing better stability and higher speeds since they doubled the quota ? They might have fixed something on their end at that point which is giving me a better internet experience overall

Yes, taking away mine.
:(

Offline

#5717 March 21

vengeance666
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

9159565095.png

Used to get around 8.5 to 9.5 if I'm lucky. Ping is the same in game and pretty stable with minor spikes. Upload is piece of crap as usual.

Last edited by vengeance666 (March 21)

Offline

#5718 March 21

nuclearcat
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Ogero team did mission impossible tonight, they fixed major issue on backbone outside. No idea how they did it, countries there in lockdown, but they did it.
Latency on many ISPs should be much more stable and better now (unless they are overloaded).

Offline

#5719 March 21

Dan28
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

speed

pros-services doing good.

Online

#5720 March 21

nuclearcat
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

speedtest is local , search for other bw tests...

Offline

#5721 March 21

Dan28
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

nuclearcat wrote:

speedtest is local , search for other bw tests...

you mean change host like this?

speed test

Online

#5722 March 21

nuclearcat
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

yes, that works too (but sometimes can be cached)

Last edited by nuclearcat (March 21)

Offline

#5723 March 21

bobo619
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

For all of you considering to post their internet speed consider www.testmy.net instead as it will give you an accurate speed for your international bandwidth.

Offline

#5724 March 21

kareem_nasser
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

bobo619 wrote:

For all of you considering to post their internet speed consider www.testmy.net instead as it will give you an accurate speed for your international bandwidth.

A speedtest is never accurate for various reasons, the one you shared never gave me an accurate result. Even compared to actual file downloads, the results from the site are way lower most probably because it tests on small files by default.

Last edited by kareem_nasser (March 21)

Offline

#5725 March 21

vengeance666
Member

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

Dan28 wrote:
nuclearcat wrote:

speedtest is local , search for other bw tests...

you mean change host like this?

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9161885541.png

20 mbit upload? Nah I think that's pretty much cached. Especially comparing it to your previous local speed test, doesn't really make sense.

Offline

Board footer