LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 December 30 2007

teodorgeorgiev

Re: Finally some competition

Samer wrote:
hj88 wrote:

It is true that the competition is limited because of ogero but there will still be some kind of competition, i consider terranet offer a really competitive one

It's the same type of competition than that of Alfa and MTC Touch. Basically you pay the same (mobile) phone bills, but it depends on what communication methods you prefer (i.e., talking -> alfa, sms -> mtc ; For pre-paid cards that is).

Eventually, the competition is quite superficial since they both control the market and have made agreements to keep the price that high.

Just today I was discussing with a friend why they don't truly privatize the whole sector (rather than handing it to only two companies) - we came down to a handful of reasons, namely, politicians wouldn't get their cut out of it anymore.

Completely agree - the competition is FAKE.

Such agreements in Europe are called "cartels" and the company X chairman could be put behind bars
for this. That is why some famous politicians love the Middle East and will never leave it - monopol business
si sooooooooooooo sweet. If the same people relocate to Europe, they will spend off all their easily-stolen
money in 2 years and will end up cleaning the subways with brooms in order to make a living.

Aaaaaaah.. and people - do not even think of DSL as being the long-waited salvation. Anything that has
some relation with the government is CONDEMNED TO FAILURE.

If something goes wrong with the telephone copper line for your ADSL link, Ogero technicians are the one
who are obliged to fix it, not the DSP (the DSP has no access to cable facilities underground). Guess
how much you have to wait ;)

#27 February 4 2008

rebel0

Re: Finally some competition

duckster wrote:

anyone knows how many days does it take from placing the request to having dsl installed?
- through ogero
- through idm

they need about 20 days from ur request , thats ogero, i think others need same time.

Board footer