LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 August 12 2017

dio

Re: How to configure any DSL Modem

GeorgesHanna wrote:
dio wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

I'm assuming you got the tp-link vr400.
It's quite easy if you know your pppoe username and password.
When you first login to the router, you choose your country as Lebanon, and automatically it provides you with a list of Isp, you choose Ogero telecom and follow the steps.
Basically everything is pre configured as per settings of the connection, you only need to enter your pppoe username and password.

Ok so there is no Ogero telcom in the list. Terranet, broadband plus, inconet, moscanet, sodetel, virtual isp, libantelecom. Those are the only ones.

Select libantelecom

Ill give it a shot! thanks for the help guys.

#27 August 12 2017

AVOlio

Yes its LibanTelecom

#28 September 1 2017

ms94

I got the Arched VR 400 as well.

I'm getting the VDSL upgrade soon, any extra steps to configure VDSL ?  I configured ADSL personally.

#29 September 1 2017

AVOlio

Should be the same, i advise removing the ADSL connection completely and just keeping VDSL.

#30 September 5 2017

ms94

AVOlio wrote:

Should be the same, i advise removing the ADSL connection completely and just keeping VDSL.

I can't find any VDSL isps.  They are the same ones as the ADSL ones.  Ogero told me they switched me to VDSL today andi can't seem To configure my router even tho i have the pppoe pass and account.

#31 October 11 2017

amkahal

Dears, i've got a technicolor tg589vn VDSL modem, but it's not containing a lot of parameters to configure, it is somehow annoying, so i'll try to configure via CLI, but my question to who is already using VDSL: any additional parameters should be set beside VCI.PCI in order to use VDSL ?

#32 October 30 2019

lebanon_is_rising

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in here, so allow me to express my delight in finding this amazing forum!

That being said, I am a subscriber to Ogero DSL. My modem was fried 4 days ago being hit by lightning! So, due to the ongoing situation in the country, and not finding any Ogero center open nearby, I went ahead and bought an ADSL modem from a shop I luckily found open.
The old (fried) modem was a TP-Link TD-W9960A, but the one I bought was older: TP-Link TD-W8961N (the only one available).
Luckily, I had previously extracted the setup from my old modem, including the credentials for my PPPoE connection.
I set up the new modem using the extracted username (D*123456*@ogero-Max.com) and password. I set up the VPI/VCI to 0/35, same as it was on the old modem provided by Ogero, plug in the modem, NO connection. I check the log, it shows that CHAP authentication was successful, but then gives an error regarding echo reply timeout or "netmakechanndial err=-3000", and no IP address is provided to the PPPoE connection.

I tried cloning the MAC address of the old modem, but to no luck. I tried setting up the modem as a bridge (0/37) and hooking up a router to handle the PPPoE connection, also to available luck. It seems as if it is being blocked from Ogero's side.
I also tried setting up the CWMP similarly to the old one, same errors still. I tried contacting Ogero (after calling for more than 20 times!) and of course they said: "You have to take it to Mina El Hosen. so we can program it for you". I was later able to contact someone who worked for Ogero, and he said "there is some sort of a ~code~ (I swear that's what he said) that no one but Ogero can put for you while they program the modem" … Yeah, I call BS!

My question is what in the world can Ogero technically do to the modem that I personally cannot? Why is it refusing to connect? What parameters am I missing other than user/pass and VPI/VCI and MAC?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
(and sorry for the long post)

Thank you in advance!

#33 October 31 2019

ahk40a

Hello,

Make sure that the username and password are well entered. Below are the common setup for the modem PPPoE/PPPoA:

VPI:0
VCI:35
MTU:1492
Timeout:4320
Service Category: VBR without PCR
regarding the authentication, I am not sure if it should be CHAP or not, set it to auto if possible.

on the other hand, there is no need to clone the MAC address. And just for the sake of ensuring that there are no issues on the DSLAM port you are connected to, try grabbing an ADSL router from a neighbor and test it at your house.

#34 October 31 2019

lebanon_is_rising

Thank you for your reply.

I did make sure of the credentials, and the log of the router shows that authentication is indeed successful. The authentication is set to Auto, and values of VPI, VCI, MTU and Timeout are the same as you described.

As for the DSLAM port, I highly doubt it's faulty because all my neighbors seem to have normal internet connection. However, I will try to use one of their modems and report back.

I really am frustrated with whatever trick Ogero is pulling on this one :/

#35 October 31 2019

xazbrat

Check out this thread

If you have the username and password available to you, make sure that they are correctly inputted.  I configured a 8960N not too long ago and the biggest and only issue I had was the username and password.  Eventually, I inputted each of them by hand instead of copy/past and that worked for me.  Aside from that, I followed the guide and everything worked flawlessly.

If all else fails, see if they can configure your modem remotely somehow, or you may have to go to the Mina Hosn branch to get it done for you.  Good luck.

#36 October 31 2019

lebanon_is_rising

Thank you @xazbrat. I did check the thread before posting, and it doesn't seem I have anything missing in my own configuration.

Also, I did rule out that possibility by inputting them by hand; still no luck.

They say they "cannot" configure it remotely.

I am going to buy a new one from a nearby Ogero center that opened today. But I am still surprised as to why the modem did not connect. I mean what technical issue am I not seeing here ?
I am more interested now in knowing why it did not work, rather than actually make it work

#37 October 31 2019

ahk40a

lebanon_is_rising wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

I did make sure of the credentials, and the log of the router shows that authentication is indeed successful. The authentication is set to Auto, and values of VPI, VCI, MTU and Timeout are the same as you described.

As for the DSLAM port, I highly doubt it's faulty because all my neighbors seem to have normal internet connection. However, I will try to use one of their modems and report back.

I really am frustrated with whatever trick Ogero is pulling on this one :/

Each user has a different port assigned to. You cannot have two users on a same port. My suggestion is to try a neighbors router on yours, and it should be an ogero one. Also, you may try yours at their place if you want.

Try this before buying a new router. Good luck!

Board footer