LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#5651 August 27 2019

Cage

Re: Internet in Lebanon - General Questions

new_user wrote:
Hybrid wrote:
new_user wrote:

Does anyone know how long it takes to switch DSL subscription from Ogero to IDM? And do I have stay without internet for a while?

I think it's a quick process now, but may I ask why do you want to switch, you might regret it later on.

Mainly for the unlimited evening traffic (7pm to 7am) and to benefit from the cablevision bundle. Its looks like a very good deal and seems to save a lot. I am really worried about online gaming though. I know Ogero is the best and my gaming experience is perfect now. I hope I can still have a good gaming experience on IDM.

I honestly advice you to stay with Ogero for the gaming experience. I had my net from Cyberia and after they introduced the 7 pm to 7 am free evening plan my ping shot up to 150ms after 9 pm and i couldn't play with that. I am now switching to Ogero since my friend who plays the same game along with me gets 85-100 max ping.

#5652 August 27 2019

Cage

kfc wrote:
Hybrid wrote:
kfc wrote:

Not rumors. Ogero chairman said that. They sent the new plans to the ministry of telecom for approval and then to the council of ministry and there is something about free night traffic (but with limited speed I think)

Any reference?

the facebook live that he did a month ago.

I doubt its gonna take more time i remember seeing a video for him asking to give him one month or something like that for the new plans. I saw that video 3 months ago lol

#5653 August 27 2019

Cage

EVERYONE ON HERE LISTEN UP,
When you want to switch ISP's do not believe the crap they tell you when they say they only gonna take 7 business days or whatever. I am switching from Cyberia to Ogero and i have been without internet for like 40 days i believe. Hopefully i'll be getting it starting next month as they have told me.

#5654 August 27 2019

Cage

new_user wrote:

Does anyone know how long it takes to switch DSL subscription from Ogero to IDM? And do I have stay without internet for a while?

Switching from Cyberia to Ogero. Its been 40 days now 30 of them without internet...

#5655 August 27 2019

AVOlio

Cage wrote:

When you want to switch ISP's do not believe the crap they tell you when they say they only gonna take 7 business days or whatever. I am switching from Cyberia to Ogero and i have been without internet for like 40 days i believe. Hopefully i'll be getting it starting next month as they have told me.

Thats Cyberia's fault.
not Ogero.
Ogero has improved a lot.

#5656 August 27 2019

Cage

AVOlio wrote:
Cage wrote:

Thats Cyberia's fault.
not Ogero.
Ogero has improved a lot.

I got the clearance letter from Cyberia on Wed 7 August i believe and then on the same day i admitted my application for Ogero. They told me that they're gonna take 7 business days. Unfortunately the week after 13 August was all full of holidays and i get it. I was expecting it the week after and after i called them they told me that it usually takes 10 business days so i am gonna have to wait for them to get it for by this week. Today i did call them to ask them if my application was approved and they said said "iT usUalLy taKeS 10-15 dAyS" but am pretty expecting it by this week since next month starts next week. I still think Ogero's way better than Cyberia though. Cyberia's customer service takes 10 minutes average to reply after 4 pm...

#5657 August 27 2019

hishjwnz

Cage wrote:

Cyberia's customer service takes 10 minutes average to reply after 4 pm...

Same as i IDM. Sometimes even around midnight. I wonder if they have a joint customer service center.

#5658 August 27 2019

Cage

hishjwnz wrote:
Cage wrote:

Same as i IDM. Sometimes even around midnight. I wonder if they have a joint customer service center.

Yea they're connected in one way or another. I remember them actually calling me from a number that was highlighted as IDM on true caller.

#5659 August 27 2019

kfc

Cage wrote:
kfc wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

Any reference?

I doubt its gonna take more time i remember seeing a video for him asking to give him one month or something like that for the new plans. I saw that video 3 months ago lol

well it is up to the government now. but the decree is ready.

#5660 August 27 2019

wollyka

Cage wrote:
hishjwnz wrote:
Cage wrote:

Yea they're connected in one way or another. I remember them actually calling me from a number that was highlighted as IDM on true caller.

They are the same company GlobalCom :)

#5661 August 28 2019

Cage

wollyka wrote:
Cage wrote:
hishjwnz wrote:

They are the same company GlobalCom :)

Ahh makes sense now

#5662 August 28 2019

Cage

kfc wrote:
Cage wrote:
kfc wrote:

Its always like that. The new ministers keep promising us good internet 24/7 electricity and everything every time they get to the office Meh. Let's hope for the good

#5663 August 28 2019

Cage

Any of you guys having problems with the latency in games after 8 9 pm? I had my internet from cyberia and ever since they introduced the evening unlimited plan my ping shot up after 8 pm to 150-300 ms.. Anyone experiencing that too? I haven't been able to play online games home for a month now. I am just asking to see if this has become a common problem after some companies introduced the unlimited evening plan

#5664 August 28 2019

Cage

Any of you guys having problems with the latency in games after 8 9 pm? I had my internet from cyberia and ever since they introduced the evening unlimited plan my ping shot up after 8 pm to 150-300 ms.. Anyone experiencing that too? I haven't been able to play online games home for a month now. I am just asking to see if this has become a common problem after some companies introduced the unlimited evening plan

#5665 August 28 2019

Cage

I have been without home internet for around 40 days now and i have finally received a phone call from ogero to bring my modem to their office so they can set it up for me. This happened after tons of work with Cyberia(old isp) so they would give me the clearance letter and after they did i went and requested a subscription from Ogero. 3 weeks after i did that they called me and told me that Cyberia hasn't cancelled my subscription and i was just upset that i have been waiting 4 weeks for basically nothing. After i call Cyberia and ask them why they didn't cancel my subscription they tell me that there have been changes in the system and i just have to refill a subscription cancellation form again that i'll have to wait for next month(October). I was just so mad but just minutes ago i received a call from Ogero and they told me i could come to their office on Friday yay :)

#5666 August 28 2019

TigerFox

Cage wrote:

Any plan that has unlimited quota and capped speed also has higher latency. I am not sure why , but I have two relatives and a few friends who where subscribed to limited plans and had terrible pings . Only on subscribing to open speed plans fixed ping latencies for them. Now subscribing to open speed alone might help but mainly turning off interleaving ( "gaming mode" ) is what will give you the juicy ping , however , it all depends on how far you are from the central , which is out of your hand. I think only if you live alone then your ping will be decent.

#5667 August 29 2019

Abou7meed

TigerFox wrote:
Cage wrote:

Any plan that has unlimited quota and capped speed also has higher latency. I am not sure why , but I have two relatives and a few friends who where subscribed to limited plans and had terrible pings . Only on subscribing to open speed plans fixed ping latencies for them. Now subscribing to open speed alone might help but mainly turning off interleaving ( "gaming mode" ) is what will give you the juicy ping , however , it all depends on how far you are from the central , which is out of your hand. I think only if you live alone then your ping will be decent.

Exactly, once your modem starts syncing internet from Ogero, give them a call and ask for Interleaving OFF (gaming mode/fast mode - or whatever they called it)
I was with IDM with high pings, but when I switched to Ogero with interleaving off, unbelievable results !

Last edited by Abou7meed (August 29 2019)

#5668 August 29 2019

kfc

Cage wrote:
kfc wrote:
Cage wrote:

Its always like that. The new ministers keep promising us good internet 24/7 electricity and everything every time they get to the office Meh. Let's hope for the good

Imad Kreidieh
@ikreidieh
Replying to
@SameerFattal
Hello sameer, we are ready awaiting the council to receive the proposal and schedule the discussion

#5669 August 30 2019

Cage

Abou7meed wrote:
TigerFox wrote:
Cage wrote:

Exactly, once your modem starts syncing internet from Ogero, give them a call and ask for Interleaving OFF (gaming mode/fast mode - or whatever they called it)
I was with IDM with high pings, but when I switched to Ogero with interleaving off, unbelievable results !

Did it affect your speed or not? I do not live far away from their office like 1.5km or something like that and i had Open speed from Cyberia used to get 10mbps. Do you think it will affect my speed since i am now subscribed to Ogero 2mbps unlimited plan? My friend who has the exact same plan from Ogero gets 90 ping ( I don't think he has interleaving off ) and i just got my router from Ogero, gonna leave it for a few days to see if there's any difference ( Made a speed test once i brought it ping was averaging 300 lol but i'll give it some time and call them tomorrow or something ).

Last edited by Cage (August 30 2019)

#5670 August 30 2019

Abou7meed

Cage wrote:
Abou7meed wrote:
TigerFox wrote:

Did it affect your speed or not? I do not live far away from their office like 1.5km or something like that and i had Open speed from Cyberia used to get 10mbps. Do you think it will affect my speed since i am now subscribed to Ogero 2mbps unlimited plan? My friend who has the exact same plan from Ogero gets 90 ping ( I don't think he has interleaving off ) and i just got my router from Ogero, gonna leave it for a few days to see if there's any difference ( Made a speed test once i brought it ping was averaging 300 lol but i'll give it some time and call them tomorrow or something ).

Well it didn't affect my speed, I am around 1 Km from the CO, was getting 13-15 Mbps with IDM and same with Ogero for now,

#5671 August 30 2019

TigerFox

As @Abo7meed said , it shouldnt affect the speed.

By default , for everyone , interleaving is on. You can easily call and ask them to turn it off. But again , if your line is not stable , you'll face frequent disconnections and packet losses , but you can turn on interleaving again it is not a problem

#5672 August 30 2019

Cage

TigerFox wrote:

As @Abo7meed said , it shouldnt affect the speed.

By default , for everyone , interleaving is on. You can easily call and ask them to turn it off. But again , if your line is not stable , you'll face frequent disconnections and packet losses , but you can turn on interleaving again it is not a problem

Hmm gonna wait until Monday to see if anything changes(start of next month) and then I'll see what i can do. I am good with 90 ping though

#5673 September 1 2019

Nemesis-301

anybody know if the ISP switch is still happening? or we have to wait 2 months if we wanna switch?
I'm switching to global vision, and they are claiming they need a maximum of 10 days to give me my internet.
While when I called to cancel from wise they told ogero redisabled this from happening and it would take them 1.5 - 2 months for switching ISPs....
1 of them is lying or uninformed, I took the risk and asked wise to cancel it, since they could easily lie to discourage me from canceling..

#5674 September 1 2019

nuclearcat

I will try to follow up your case at globalvision, just ask sales to forward your name to anthony and denys, i will continue from there.

#5675 September 1 2019

Nemesis-301

nuclearcat wrote:

I will try to follow up your case at globalvision, just ask sales to forward your name to anthony and denys, i will continue from there.

thanks, its always good to have wasta

Board footer