LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 15 2019

Delacroix

Feedback for TH Global Vision (THGV)

Hello Guys,

First time poster, long time lurker of this Forum.

Has anyone tried THGV DSL plans?

They seem to have different plans than most of their competitions, they offer more data for less price (ex: they are the only company to offer a 600GB plan for instance and their 300gb plan is cheaper than the 200GB Ogero plan 39$ vs 46$).
I gave them a call a couple 2 months ago and they didn’t sound super professional (I think they just launched their DSL plans back then) but for instance this was their answers to some of my questions:

Me: You have a 600 GB plan, right?
THGV Representative:  No
Me: It’s written on your website.
THGV Representative:  It’s not 600GB it’s unlimited if you manage to finish it I’ll just give you more.

Another discussion was about switching from Ogero to them (I already switched ISP several time Terranet > Sodetel > Ogero so I know it take time)

Me: How much time does it take to switch from another ISP to you ?
THGV Representative:  3 days
Me: I already asked several ISPs ….
THGV Representative: … and they told you it need 3-4 weeks
Me: Yes
THGV Representative: We know people inside the centrals (specially in Beirut) and we’ll finishi it in 3 days maximum 4.

To sum it up their offers seems really interesting 600Gb Open Speed + Unlimited Night for 66$ is basically a dream for me, and since I talked to them they updated their website and it look way more professional, but I am scared to make the jump, I don’t know enough about the company as a DSL provider (all I know is that their founder Toufic Hisso had trouble with the law during the “Google Cache” story).
Anyone tried them and if so what is your feedback.
Thanks

#2 July 15 2019

Doom

Re: Feedback for TH Global Vision (THGV)

"All plans are treated under fair usage policy."
FUP sucks, always.

Last edited by Doom (July 15 2019)

#3 July 15 2019

Prince

they are not that good am a reseller (cable) and their  FUP really sucks

#4 July 16 2019

Abou7meed

THGV is a new company located in Barbor, and exactly as you said the operators don't seem to be that professional, first I called them when they started distributing the posters where (internet be balesh) 3 months ago,

well basically, it depends on what type of user you are,
1. if you are a heavy downloader go for IDM, with unlimited night,it doesn't have any FUP !!
I have been with them since years, downloaded tons of movies/series/games....all fine no FUP at all
BUT it is bad for gamers...they have high latency/ping

2. if you a gamer, definitely go to Ogero as I did, more stable very low ping,
Go for Ogero and ask the support for Fast Mode or Gaming Mode or whatever they called it, and your pings will drop down as hell,

#5 July 20 2019

nuclearcat

I'm consulting THGV and doing stuff there, as several other ISPs.
Your sevice depends how you are connected and service you buy. If you are not direct user and connected over cable network and reseller - its pure luck, sorry, your reseller might lie to you about service, he might have bad last mile network and etc. But i'm fighting with that as well and will make self-service page, where user can check what he really bought.
They have unlimited nights (paid option as almost everywhere now), where is no FUP, and speed limit at night should be much higher. They do have FUP at peak time (its dynamic, but assume 6pm to 1am), due people sharing single account to multiple households, its inevitable on large quota or unlimited in Lebanon (except Ogero, who honestly abuse their position as monopoly, in this matter), but i am trying to make solution for people who just _sometimes_ download heavy stuff.
And last thing, they have special speed bypass for various services such as Netflix, youtube, facebook static content, various types of downloads(some types of CDN) and etc, which most of providers doesn't do.

#6 July 20 2019

VincentKeyboard

Special speed bypass for stuff behind a local CDN node?

#7 July 20 2019

nuclearcat

Correct, AFAIK they have one of biggest CDN hosting in Lebanon.
Those who have similar amount (old ISPs) usually don't set bypasses, and those who have limited capacity CDN or few of them - do some bypasses, but they cannot provide same amount as THGV as they have smaller/less nodes.

Last edited by nuclearcat (July 21 2019)

#8 July 20 2019

Prince

there quote per account is very good indeed users are flagged when they used 6 gb per day and they don't have unlimited traffic if you don't pay them extra $ on each account (which is not included in there account).
result =
they suck .

Last edited by Prince (July 20 2019)

#9 July 21 2019

nuclearcat

Prince wrote:

there quote per account is very good indeed users are flagged when they used 6 gb per day and they don't have unlimited traffic if you don't pay them extra $ on each account (which is not included in there account).
result =
they suck .

Thats a double lie.
1)Unlimited night exist as everywhere, "freenight" button in billing. Price is the same as everywhere. Can be purchased at any moment, just 1 click away. There is also other options available, that i am not authorized to speak about.
In my experience, and in my opinion, in terms of prices set by the government/ogero, you can hardly get a better service for bulk downloads.
2)6gb/day is one of smallest types of account, there is accounts with much higher FUP. But i am aware also about resellers, who buy cheapest type only, and sell users under variable price, claiming higher speed accounts, because THGV have various bypasses that might give much higher than account speed, so those resellers making superprofits such way and yes, they feel especially uncomfortable by FUP level.

Ah, you mentioned previously that you are reseller. Are you THGV reseller? So why you are there, if you are so unhappy? This is frankly stupid and unprofessional, spreading lies about THGV, being representative of THGV, while sysadmin of THGV here. I gave link to the forum to management, and it's unlikely they are going to tolerate a reseller who is spreading negative and incorrect information.
And if you are not THGV reseller, if you are a professional, you must be doubly careful when you speak negative information about a competitor, and it must be extremely correct. Because if you are lying about a competitor ... well then you hit new low.

#10 July 22 2019

Nemesis-301

Can anyone give any feedback on their pings and gaming quality?
I wanna change from wise, but am confused between this and ogero, I know ogero has the best pings, but these guys are offering 150gigs more for 4$ (comparing vdsl 300gigs 44$ and ogeros open speed 150 gigs 40$)

#11 July 22 2019

nuclearcat

I'm not gamer (at least not playing online internationally, just LAN parties), so can't say for sure.
It depends also on last mile, how you are going to be connected to them, DSL adds by itself significant latency, i will check if they managed to disable interleaving for anyone.

#12 July 23 2019

Abou7meed

nuclearcat wrote:

I'm not gamer (at least not playing online internationally, just LAN parties), so can't say for sure.
It depends also on last mile, how you are going to be connected to them, DSL adds by itself significant latency, i will check if they managed to disable interleaving for anyone.

and please check for us the ping for google DNS (8.8.8.8) connecting through DSL or the other solution you said,
Lets make the google DNS a reference, so we can take an idea how is latency/gaming there,

Values for "Ping 8.8.8.8" from my side:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interleaving ON Ogero : 66ms - 69ms
Interleaving OFF Ogero : 42ms - 45ms
IDM (with gaming pool) : 71ms - 74ms

All above values are through DSL,

#13 July 23 2019

TigerFox

Okay so I am a bit confused. I have a phone line with ADSL active from Ogero. Now if I want to subscribe with them , I'll have to install a new phone line ? I don't understand. They mentioned fiber internet plans , but my area doesn't have fiber yet at all. How are the lines deployed ? Do they even reach all Lebanon ?

#14 July 23 2019

nuclearcat

Google is not good reference, it is anycast node :)

Not on DSL (DSL without interleaving adds 3-5ms):
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=52.2 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=52.0 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=3 ttl=50 time=52.4 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=4 ttl=50 time=52.2 ms

But i will work to make gaming pool (it exist too) same as Ogero latency.

#15 July 23 2019

Abou7meed

nuclearcat wrote:

Google is not good reference, it is anycast node :)

Not on DSL (DSL without interleaving adds 3-5ms):
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=52.2 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=52.0 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=3 ttl=50 time=52.4 ms
64 bytes from 8.8.8.8: icmp_seq=4 ttl=50 time=52.2 ms

But i will work to make gaming pool (it exist too) same as Ogero latency.

So its way than better than IDM, but still Ogero values are the best,
can we turn off interleaving with THGV, or is it an Ogero exclusive ability ?

#16 July 23 2019

nuclearcat

I'm investigating that.
One of my colleagues who are head of "fine-tuning department" - in the hospital. Therefore, all such work has slowed down for a week or two. But probably i will manage to do it.

#17 July 23 2019

ahk40a

TigerFox wrote:

Okay so I am a bit confused. I have a phone line with ADSL active from Ogero. Now if I want to subscribe with them , I'll have to install a new phone line ? I don't understand. They mentioned fiber internet plans , but my area doesn't have fiber yet at all. How are the lines deployed ? Do they even reach all Lebanon ?

It depends on what is planned for your area. If you are going to get FTTC, the applied technology will be VDSL. As such, you need to change your ADSL router to a VDSL one. Nevertheless, you could still benefit from FTTC on an ADSL router as the speed would reach ~18Mbps.

If the plan is to deploy FTTH in your area, you would have to pay almost 200,000LBP to get the new connection. It would be a first connection fee if I am not mistaken.

#18 September 27 2019

Nemesis-301

so I switched to this ISP at the beginning of the month when I canceled from wise, it took them 6 days to have it ready.
However as some of you mentioned, they are not very professional.
for starters when you call their number, there is no computer or queue. Its just 1 line and you gotta hope its not busy. had to call over 7-8 times to finally talk to an operator.
I applied via their website and put my info, they requested I send them photo id and last phone line bill via whatsapp. I rementioned in whatsapp what I was applying for (both places I requested VDSL 300gigs)
On September 7 they installed adsl, the guy installing somehow believed that max speed for VDSL is 25mb/s, I had to send picture proofs to convince him that I was getting 45mb/s from wise's vdsl.
and ever since september 7 I have been texting, calling, trying to get them to change it to VDSL, apparently the guy in charge who installed my router and was taking care of my account no longer worked their so they didnt know about it.
They don't have internet cards, so the method of payment is going to be via OMT/money transfer (not very convenient plus extra charges).
now about the quality, the speed is the max of what I would get from a adsl (20 mb/s), the latency is a bit worse than wise, but still better than my friends IDM.
Sometimes I get lag spikes, but I dont know if its the connection or because my family is using while I game, even tho I think 20mb/s should be more than enough for this connection.

As a final conclusion, I will switch to fiber once it becomes available in my area, but probably with either ogero or wise, since wise is doing a really great offer right now. (setup+modem+installation+3 months for $10) don't know how legit it is or if there's a catch, haven't called them yet, but sounds too good to be true.

#19 February 17 2021

ZER0

Hello, while I was scrolling through my feed on instagram I stumbled upon an ad for an ISP called thglobalvision. Their offers are too good to be true: 4MB unlimited for only 66 000, open speed 500gbs for 75 000 etc. Has anyone ever tried this ISP, if so would you recommend it?
Though I feel like they are too good to be true, super fast and super cheap for Lebanon.

#20 February 17 2021

RandomMemory

ZER0 wrote:

Hello, while I was scrolling through my feed on instagram I stumbled upon an ad for an ISP called thglobalvision. Their offers are too good to be true: 4MB unlimited for only 66 000, open speed 500gbs for 75 000 etc. Has anyone ever tried this ISP, if so would you recommend it?
Though I feel like they are too good to be true, super fast and super cheap for Lebanon.

I've heard good things about them.

#21 February 17 2021

tmash2

ZER0 wrote:

I've had daily FUP with them. VDSL has additional charge unlike most ISPs.

Last edited by tmash2 (February 17 2021)

#22 February 18 2021

ZER0

tmash2 wrote:
ZER0 wrote:

The ideal package for me is open speed 300 gbs unlimited night traffic with gaming package for only 60 000. I mainly download torrents and play online and stream series. Like I said it's too good to be true, so is there any catch to it and would you recommend it?

Last edited by ZER0 (February 18 2021)

#23 February 18 2021

tmash2

ZER0 wrote:
tmash2 wrote:
ZER0 wrote:

The ideal package for me is open speed 300 gbs unlimited night traffic with gaming package for only 60 000. I mainly download torrents and play online and stream series. Like I said it's too good to be true, so is there any catch to it and would you recommend it?

Good support, fake unlimited, the speed goes down daily when you exceed certain limit, stick to Ogero if you want unlimited, plus most of the DSL line issues are directed at Ogero.so you're gonna have to deal with them anyways.

#24 February 18 2021

ZER0

tmash2 wrote:
ZER0 wrote:
tmash2 wrote:

Good support, fake unlimited, the speed goes down daily when you exceed certain limit, stick to Ogero if you want unlimited, plus most of the DSL line issues are directed at Ogero.so you're gonna have to deal with them anyways.

So are the limited plans any good? And is there any catch to it because I feel like it's too cheap compared to other isps.

#25 February 18 2021

tmash2

ZER0 wrote:
tmash2 wrote:
ZER0 wrote:

So are the limited plans any good? And is there any catch to it because I feel like it's too cheap compared to other isps.

I wouldn't mind the FUP if the budget is very low, can't have free lunch. Donno about other plans.

Last edited by tmash2 (February 18 2021)

Board footer