LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 3 2019

Ari

hello everyone

hello everyone, a new member here. been trying to register for the past 4 years :'D with the help of my accountant wife we cracked the registration code with simple mathematics. i am an ITM student at LAU and i am very happy to be part of lebgeeks family.

#2 March 4 2019

nefe_lpmk

Re: hello everyone

Welcome Ari

#3 March 4 2019

chosen2k

Welcome dude.

You know Samer needs to learn something from this post and maybe schedule a few days where registration is simplified.

#4 March 4 2019

rolf

Hi and welcome!

#5 March 5 2019

samer
Admin

Welcome!

chosen2k wrote:

Welcome dude.

You know Samer needs to learn something from this post and maybe schedule a few days where registration is simplified.

I am aware. It is intentional. It may need to be iterated on from a UX perspective, but we have no plans to make the problem simpler. If you can't be bothered to invest a bit of time to figure out how to join, you probably don't have the appropriate mindset to thrive in this community.

#6 March 5 2019

Elitism Guru

samer wrote:

Welcome!

chosen2k wrote:

Welcome dude.

I am aware. It is intentional. It may need to be iterated on from a UX perspective, but we have no plans to make the problem simpler. If you can't be bothered to invest a bit of time to figure out how to join, you probably don't have the appropriate mindset to thrive in this community.

As a person with learning difficulty I disagree, I had to cheat which I wouldn't consider appropriate admittingly.

#7 March 5 2019

xterm

Welcome!

Elitism Guru wrote:

As a person with learning difficulty I disagree, I had to cheat which I wouldn't consider appropriate admittingly.

If by cheat, you had to lookup an existing site that solve the problem, then the problem did the job, it pushed you to dig and find the solution.
If by cheat, you asked someone to help you solve the problem, then the problem did the job, because I presume that person explained things for you.

Either way, the problem is not there to test your programming or mathematical knowledge, it's there to test your curiosity, your thirst and most of all your geekiness. However means you've used to get past the exam, is fine by us.

#8 March 5 2019

Johnaudi

Welcome!

I know lots of people that wanted to register but found there was something needed to solve and didn't bother... Yeah, I don't like those people.

Board footer