LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#276 October 19 2017

Mhmd

Re: Feedback for Cyberia

Thinking of switching from Sodetel 2Mbps unlimited to another ISP with Open speed plan, do you recommend Cyberia ?

#277 November 6 2017

infiniteloop

Cyberia (or Ogero) is having a big DNS problem again, 2 days ago no way to open a website without Google 8.8.8.8 DNS for an hour, and now again same story!
What is happening ?

#278 November 6 2017

nuclearcat

technical incompetence i say? If its their DNS failure.

#279 November 6 2017

nosense

I always have my configuration on google DNS, cyberia has a history of DNS problems

#280 November 11 2017

infiniteloop

internet is pretty bad the last 2 days, even with all the leds on green on my modem I had long minutes of non-internet and it wasn't a DNS problem this time.
Dunno what is happening but it's becoming irritating because I have some online work to do

#281 November 17 2017

infiniteloop

Facebook and couple of other website are very slow today
Now everything is super slow

Last edited by infiniteloop (November 17 2017)

#282 April 17 2018

arzleb

so whats better keeping DNS auto or using google's? on cyberia

#283 April 17 2018

nuclearcat

or try 1.1.1.1, often they are better than google

#284 April 17 2018

arzleb

nuclearcat wrote:

or try 1.1.1.1, often they are better than google

thanks will do

#285 April 22 2018

Danny

Hey guys , i applied for cyberia dsl 2 months ago and they haven’t istalled yet ,they’re saying that ogero has to turn on the dsl on my line at my local centrale .i installed the modem/router and the broadband led started blinking last weak meaning my line is dsl ready but cyberia customer is still saying that i have to wait . Yesterday the blinking stopped.

Has anyone applied for Cyberia dsl lately or in 2017,i wanna know how much It took for them to install.

I posted on the “adsl installation time in beirut” thread as well .

#286 April 22 2018

Aly

Danny wrote:

Hey guys , i applied for cyberia dsl 2 months ago and they haven’t istalled yet ,they’re saying that ogero has to turn on the dsl on my line at my local centrale .i installed the modem/router and the broadband led started blinking last weak meaning my line is dsl ready but cyberia customer is still saying that i have to wait . Yesterday the blinking stopped.

Has anyone applied for Cyberia dsl lately or in 2017,i wanna know how much It took for them to install.

DSL blinking doesn't mean your line is ready, the DSL led must be solid green, which means the link is established and awaiting pppoe authentication.

#287 April 22 2018

Danny

Aly wrote:
Danny wrote:

DSL blinking doesn't mean your line is ready, the DSL led must be solid green, which means the link is established and awaiting pppoe authentication.

I thought that if its blinking it means its ready and when i enter the username and password and the connection is established the light will stop blinking and remain on.

Thank you for clearing it up ,its very irritating ,waiting 2 months for a dsl connection is nerve wrecking .

#288 April 22 2018

arzleb

Danny wrote:
Aly wrote:
Danny wrote:

I thought that if its blinking it means its ready and when i enter the username and password and the connection is established the light will stop blinking and remain on.

Thank you for clearing it up ,its very irritating ,waiting 2 months for a dsl connection is nerve wrecking .

Danny go to Twitter and send @ogerotelecom a tweet about the delay they might speed it up...

#289 April 23 2018

Danny

arzleb wrote:
Danny wrote:
Aly wrote:

Danny go to Twitter and send @ogerotelecom a tweet about the delay they might speed it up...

Hey arzleb ,i sent a message on facebook to ogero and an e-mail to their customer service ,they said they will see whats the problem and they told me to follow up with cyberia .

#290 December 28 2018

infiniteloop

Very slow adsl since yesterday night, dunno if it's with all cyberia network?

#291 January 1 2019

infiniteloop

3 days and many websites are unreachable, looks like Cyberia has a DNS problem again

#292 January 1 2019

wollyka

Is it only after 11 pm? IDM has also this problem, steam downloads are throttled (or timeout) after 11pm. I think they have a problem with their unlimited "profile" at night. All things are normal from 7 am to 11 pm.

#293 January 2 2019

infiniteloop

Tomshardware forums for example as a website and Realm Defense as an Android game

#294 January 2 2019

nosense

Cyberia always had dns issues and the support never acknowledge it, or doesn't understand the problem, it gets fixed after sometime.

#295 January 2 2019

wollyka

infiniteloop wrote:

Tomshardware forums for example as a website and Realm Defense as an Android game

Same with IDM since they are owned by the same company. But as I said, those issues happen mostly after 11 pm. I don't have a problem opening Tomshardware forums during the day, only  at night after 11pm!!
NB: My download speeds are not affected, however, i cannot download anything from steam at night (less than 2 KB/s) and i have a problem accessing some websites like Tomshardware forums. Even speedtest.net is a hit and miss.

Last edited by wollyka (January 2 2019)

#296 February 5 2019

DNA

can someone please post a cyberia tracert to bbc.co.uk and twitch.tv

#297 April 24 2019

infiniteloop

This is the 2nd night the download speed is catastrophic on ADSL Open Speed
32kb/s !!!
Last time I saw this speed was in dial up time 20 years ago

#298 April 24 2019

Elitism Guru

infiniteloop wrote:

This is the 2nd night the download speed is catastrophic on ADSL Open Speed
32kb/s !!!
Last time I saw this speed was in dial up time 20 years ago

In my area, we still have 256kb wireless internet, runs around 50kb/s, no one subscribe for ADSL here for some reason, even though they're paying 60k LBP for the plan. I don't have impressive Attenuation (34dB), 2.5km line, and I'm doing 14 mega bits with no issues, probably no ADSL users around me has an effect?

Last edited by Elitism Guru (April 24 2019)

#299 March 11 2020

infiniteloop

Looks like DNS is down, 90% of website are unreachable

#300 March 11 2020

infiniteloop

Everything related to VPN and torrents are blocked by cyberia
Ok bye bye cyberia, going to Terranet

Board footer