LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 August 24 2018

anayman_k7

Re: RTX 2080ti - Nvidia "Turing" Upgrade

You are just like an Apple fan, they saw the iPhone X as a gift from god, same for you, not even a single benchmark out yet you sold your 1080Ti and you rode the first class of the hype train, you might find yourself at the end rebuying the 1080Ti you sold for more :)

#27 August 24 2018

enthralled

I really hope the RTX will perform as good as all the positive hype. After all, this hype is the reason I, and many others will finally be able to afford a 1080Ti. So it's all good.

Last edited by enthralled (August 24 2018)

#28 August 25 2018

AVOlio

as @enthralled said,
I'm not falling for any real time shadows, lighting or dynamic reflections.
A game is a game, doesn't have to look SO real.

Personally i'm still on my 980, and when the Real benchmarks of the 2080ti, without RTX come out, i will compare it to the 1080ti.
If there is a huge improvement over the 1080ti, as in say +50%, i would get the new 2080ti.
Otherwise, if performance increase is only at 20-30% increase, i would get a hopefully a cheap 1080ti.

#29 August 25 2018

Tech Guru

For Skepticals:

"Gaijin’s Enlisted was running with over 90fps in 4K resolution with NVIDIA’s real-time ray tracing effects" -DSOGaming

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/gaijins- … g-effects/

" 'Tomb Raider’ devs respond to RTX 2080 Ti, ray tracing performance concerns" -Digital Trends

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing … -concerns/

PC &Parts PreOrder Availability

RTX 2080ti
https://pcandparts.com/video-card/?filt … rtx-2080ti

RTX 2080
https://pcandparts.com/video-card/?filt … price-desc

LAEXDmH.jpg

~ 1273 USD with 11 %VAT + 5 USD Delivery will net ~ USD 1278 for the Zotac RTX 2080ti OC which relatively a good price compared to official Nvida FE ~ 1200 USD on their official website.

I will be Aming for the

ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING , due to their quality PCB ,VRM and Cooling.

I am optimistic with the technology Nvida injected in Turing ,and more and more games will utilize RT on the run , I will not wait for 7nm since I like to enjoy the top specs in my system.

Waiting for: 

Apple to Apple Performance on games ( Old and New)

Without DLSS
Without RT
With DLSS
With RT
With DLSS & RT

Promising Tech and a good leap for things done with expensive enterprise level computers now brought to the end gamer . Previous gen Ti replaced by next gen , never failed me.

1080ti Strix  OC'd to 2025mhz core clock & 11.6 Ghz memory  with an i7 8700k OC'd to 5ghz on all 6 cores  (Negative AVX offset set to 0) with 3200mhz rams , the 1080ti definitely  struggles on 2160p to have a locked 60 fps experience at very high - very high settings.

Far Cry 5
Monster Hunt World
Ghost Recon Wild Lands
Mess Effect Andromeda
Watch Dogs 2
AC Origins
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Middle-earth: Shadow of War 

& other titles I tested

To me a 3440× 1440p gamer @ 100hz and native 2160p even at 60hz , 1080ti is obsolete on core rasterization rendering away from RT or DLSS. Yes I need AA ( not FXAA since it the worst) since I play 2160p HDR @60fps on the 55" Sony X930 E TV where the PPI is ~ 80 compared o 163 on a 27" gaming 2160p where AA is mostly not need due to the small screen giving a high pixels per inch.

Last edited by Tech Guru (August 25 2018)

#30 August 25 2018

user

I'm a full HD 60 fps strategy gamer (ahem factorio) integrated graphics would have been enough for me but I have a gtx 1070. I have not come close to having it 100% used with any game(not even witcher 3)

Now if I can only bring it with me to Canada

#31 August 26 2018

Tech Guru

user wrote:

I'm a full HD 60 fps strategy gamer (ahem factorio) integrated graphics would have been enough for me but I have a gtx 1070. I have not come close to having it 100% used with any game(not even witcher 3)

Ok , any thing related to Turing- Offtopic to the subject.

#32 August 26 2018

enthralled

Thanks for the pcandparts availability info.

#33 August 26 2018

user

Tech Guru wrote:
user wrote:

I am merely questioning why would anyone upgrade? Outside the 4k 144 hz people I mean. It does seem like the 10 series already dominate all things full HD and even 1440, there is no further point.

Last edited by user (August 26 2018)

#34 August 26 2018

Beej

The thing is with early adoption is the risk. The first batch of announced games that support RTX is great. AAA titles that will support RTX, most of these games are in late development stages. So RTX might be an extra option patched later on, not from the ground up.

As with any tech dx10, dx11, dx11.1 , and dx12 (no performance increase or graphical marvel) it all comes down to the developer support.

So regarding the performance metrics of the upcoming cards, i am not hyped about RTX. Especially with the fact that the consoles are what truly drives innovation by developers. And they are AMD and limited (fast but limited).
Lets wait for benchmarks for all the games that are already released.

I am disappointed by the fact that nvidia's founder edition is not blower style anymore, and power consumption. Alot of times the circuit breaker in my house shuts down duo to load on my 980 ti, plus i have a mini-itx case...

#35 August 27 2018

mmk92

You gotta justify your purchase somehow, amirite?

#36 August 27 2018

vlatkozelka

Tech Guru wrote:
user wrote:

It IS on topic!

He means that he doesn't need Turing, RTX or whatever to play his favorite games that barely push his 1070. You're just so focused on justifying your upgrade, and the WOW effect "Hey look, RTX, DLSSRDLL* ,LDSSR*, <input some random acronym here that looks cool> ... " that you forget to actually enjoy this hardware.

We have been there a 1000000 times already. NVidia releases some "new technology", we expect it to be a huge game changer. You get hyped and post this thread where you're selling your old card, copying articles from here and there**, trying to justify the new purchase, bashing anyone who tries to tell you that you should wait. And in the end it just ends up being, like every release, some 25-30% generation performance increase.

anayman_k7 wrote:

You are just like an Apple fan, they saw the iPhone X as a gift from god, same for you, not even a single benchmark out yet you sold your 1080Ti and you rode the first class of the hype train, you might find yourself at the end rebuying the 1080Ti you sold for more :)

If you like having the latest hardware (I do too, I own a water-cooled 1080Ti after all...), then that's fine. But if you need to shove it down everyone's throat, and not accept any arguments about it, then you're just an attention seeking idiot.

*  I made these up.
**We know how to browse the internet ourselves!

Last edited by vlatkozelka (August 27 2018)

#37 August 27 2018

Tech Guru

vlatkozelka wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:
user wrote:

It IS on topic!

He means that he doesn't need Turing, RTX or whatever to play his favorite games that barely push his 1070. You're just so focused on justifying your upgrade, and the WOW effect "Hey look, RTX, DLSSRDLL* ,LDSSR*, <input some random acronym here that looks cool> ... " that you forget to actually enjoy this hardware.

We have been there a 1000000 times already. NVidia releases some "new technology", we expect it to be a huge game changer. You get hyped and post this thread where you're selling your old card, copying articles from here and there**, trying to justify the new purchase, bashing anyone who tries to tell you that you should wait. And in the end it just ends up being, like every release, some 25-30% generation performance increase.

anayman_k7 wrote:

If you like having the latest hardware (I do too, I own a water-cooled 1080Ti after all...), then that's fine. But if you need to shove it down everyone's throat, and not accept any arguments about it, then you're just an attention seeking idiot.

*  I made these up.

I do not know why are you triggered :) ,I have been on this forum for more than  7 consecutive years and all my  posts are technical oriented and straight.

A hyped person is a noob who posts things and doesnot know  what it means , I am clearifying all points in simple tech way  trying to summarize what  "turing offers". Beside I am not justifying , technology it self justify what it offers. Hate it or no , technology in the pc world is evolving and a new gen whatever it offers is better than old gen. It is better to justify a purchase to a new gen than trying to " self convince" hay I have the previous gen and all what the new gen offers seem a gimmick and a marginal boost.

RT is a gimmick
DLSS is fake
I will wait for 7nm and skip that
Only 30 % Performance Boost
Oh Tombraider doesnot have a locked 60fps even on 1080p on the RTX !

Perceptions that either technology noobs or people who do not want upgrade (since they want to lose in selling their old gen or do not have money to drop the newest tech) , to "self convince themselves  " that this is all hype.

If you are triggered by my posts simply do not write offensive feedbacks and take things to a personal level that I do not like to take sure and call you an " idiot" as you were trying to call me indirectly from your response structure.

Personal things are not solved here , if  you have anything towards me.

Last edited by Tech Guru (August 27 2018)

#38 August 27 2018

Tech Guru

Tech Guru wrote:
vlatkozelka wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

It IS on topic!

anayman_k7 wrote:

*  I made these up.

I do not know why are you triggered :) ,I have been on this forum for more than  7 consecutive years and all my  posts are technical oriented and straight.

A hyped person is a noob who posts things and doesnot know  what it means , I am clearifying all points in simple tech way  trying to summarize what  "turing offers". Beside I am not justifying , technology it self justify what it offers. Hate it or no , technology in the pc world is evolving and a new gen whatever it offers is better than old gen. It is better to justify a purchase to a new gen than trying to " self convince" hay I have the previous gen and all what the new gen offers seem a gimmick and a marginal boost.

RT is a gimmick
DLSS is fake

Perceptions that either technology noobs or people who do not want upgrade (since they want to lose in selling their old gen or do not have money to drop the newest tech) , to "self convince themselves  " that this is all hype.

If you are triggered by my posts simply do not write offensive feedbacks and take things to a personal level that I do not like to take sure and call me an  " idiot" as you were trying to  indirectly from your response structure and ending

Personal things are not solved here , if  you have anything towards me seek other channels.

#39 August 27 2018

vlatkozelka

Tech Guru wrote:

I do not know why are you triggered :)

Stupid content triggers me, I can't help it. You've been posting irrelevant crap for 6 days. And everyone's trying to tell you to wait for actual benchmarks, but you're too stupid to listen

Tech Guru wrote:

I have been on this forum for more than  7 consecutive years

7 years and you still learned nothing :/

Tech Guru wrote:

all my  posts are technical oriented and straight.

You just COPY articles from here and there, and re-write them in bad English, with bad grammar, and random capitalization of letters. It is cancer to read your posts!

Tech Guru wrote:

A hyped person is a noob who posts things and doesnot know  what it means

Which is exactly what you are. Do you even know what ray tracing is? Do you even know how huge the computation is to achieve rendering fidelity that is anyway near rendering that's done outside of games? You keep talking about tech that you have no idea about. Do you even know why they keep making transistors smaller and smaller? And what are the complications of that?

Tech Guru wrote:

It is better to justify a purchase to a new gen than trying to " self convince" hay I have the previous gen and all what the new gen offers seem a gimmick and a marginal boost.

NO! Everyone else in this thread is telling you the same thing. Our "Old" hardware is doing it's job perfectly, we are happy with what we have. You are not :)

Tech Guru wrote:

RT is a gimmick
DLSS is fake

It's all true, marketing gimmicks exit. And tech is often sold at much higher prices than it should. The problem is the prices get inflated as fanbois like you will always pre-order.
Also don't go around calling people poor. Being smart with your money doesn't mean you're poor. We aren't all government thieves like yourself!

Tech Guru wrote:

If you are triggered by my posts simply do not write offensive feedbacks and take things to a personal level.

I am a software engineer, and so I take this stuff seriously. I understand what I read, and ask around when I don't, unlike you who bashes any post that doesn't conform with his opinions.
So when I see stupid crap like yours posted, I can't help it, like I already said in the beginning.

Conclusion:

Your threads are attention seeking posts disguised as tech talks. Every single thread of yours is about some tech that you bought, then some copying of articles and benchmarks trying to justify why you bought it. Do not try to convince me, or anyone, that you actually are a tech person, you just get high on buying expensive tech, and then bragging about it on the internet.
It is just sad to see LebGeeks become a buy and sell website like OLX + random Tech Guru crap. There was much more potential in this place :(

Last edited by vlatkozelka (August 27 2018)

#40 August 27 2018

ManOwaRR

wait for benchmark   ,  im not htat hyped about it ,  shadow of the tomb raider wasn't running that smooth on  the new tech    with ray shit on
DLSS is good though .
still i would upgrade since i like upgrading  to a new tech  and i can do that . still this release ain't looking good   and nvidia ceo only spoke about while ray tracing on its that much faster than pascal , but i really don't care about ray tracing on or off i wanna see benchmark and numbers.

#41 August 27 2018

enthralled

Imagine racing games looking like this:
https://youtu.be/EAYfJckSEN0
Raytracing is definitely not a gimmick, although we have to wait for the next generation consoles to get a handful of eyecandy looking games for PC, I suppose.

#42 August 28 2018

Tech Guru

vlatkozelka wrote:
Tech Guru wrote:

I do not know why are you triggered :)

Stupid content triggers me, I can't help it. You've been posting irrelevant crap for 6 days. And everyone's trying to tell you to wait for actual benchmarks, but you're too stupid to listen

Tech Guru wrote:

I have been on this forum for more than  7 consecutive years

7 years and you still learned nothing :/

Tech Guru wrote:

all my  posts are technical oriented and straight.

You just COPY articles from here and there, and re-write them in bad English, with bad grammar, and random capitalization of letters. It is cancer to read your posts!

Tech Guru wrote:

A hyped person is a noob who posts things and doesnot know  what it means

Which is exactly what you are. Do you even know what ray tracing is? Do you even know how huge the computation is to achieve rendering fidelity that is anyway near rendering that's done outside of games? You keep talking about tech that you have no idea about. Do you even know why they keep making transistors smaller and smaller? And what are the complications of that?

Tech Guru wrote:

It is better to justify a purchase to a new gen than trying to " self convince" hay I have the previous gen and all what the new gen offers seem a gimmick and a marginal boost.

NO! Everyone else in this thread is telling you the same thing. Our "Old" hardware is doing it's job perfectly, we are happy with what we have. You are not :)

Tech Guru wrote:

RT is a gimmick
DLSS is fake

It's all true, marketing gimmicks exit. And tech is often sold at much higher prices than it should. The problem is the prices get inflated as fanbois like you will always pre-order.
Also don't go around calling people poor. Being smart with your money doesn't mean you're poor. We aren't all government thieves like yourself!

Tech Guru wrote:

If you are triggered by my posts simply do not write offensive feedbacks and take things to a personal level.

I am a software engineer, and so I take this stuff seriously. I understand what I read, and ask around when I don't, unlike you who bashes any post that doesn't conform with his opinions.
So when I see stupid crap like yours posted, I can't help it, like I already said in the beginning.

Conclusion:

Your threads are attention seeking posts disguised as tech talks. Every single thread of yours is about some tech that you bought, then some copying of articles and benchmarks trying to justify why you bought it. Do not try to convince me, or anyone, that you actually are a tech person, you just get high on buying expensive tech, and then bragging about it on the internet.
It is just sad to see LebGeeks become a buy and sell website like OLX + random Tech Guru crap. There was much more potential in this place :(

Again I will not slip  with you on personal level as you are slipped , this is my opnion and in tech nothing is pure right or wrong especially in tech forums where they are open to discussions and sometimes are " heated" since every one has a specific interest  of any technology  coming and some do not have at all. If you do not have such interest or you think it is all marketing hype simply you can articulate your responses in a more respectful way  or even if you have an " aggressive nature" you can articulate them with an aggressive tech oriented way with out slipping to personal issues with me and I respect your opinion - techinal sure , but watching all my posts and self accumulating hate towards me I think resolving things out of this forum will be a better treat for you.

#43 August 28 2018

nas93

Their pricing for the 2080ti is insane, I bought my 980ti for $700 on release. But I guess it's worth it if the card outperforms the 1080ti by almost twice the power, glad Nvidia is spending so much money on R&D because it's the only company that makes quality gpus.

#44 August 28 2018

Tech Guru

nas93 wrote:

Their pricing for the 2080ti is insane, I bought my 980ti for $700 on release. But I guess it's worth it if the card outperforms the 1080ti by almost twice the power, glad Nvidia is spending so much money on R&D because it's the only company that makes quality gpus.

Indeed they increased around  ~300 usd price difference on the none OC ti variant on the 1080ti vs 2080ti lunch prices. No competition in performance /innovation especially from AMD graphic cards line.

Here is an interesting article that popped out recently

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 3DMark TimeSpy Score Leaked – Clocked At 2GHz And Beats A GTX 1080 Ti Without AI Cores

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx … -ai-cores/

#45 August 28 2018

infiniteloop

If I had the budget I would have buy this 2080ti, but I have other things to pay.
I understand Tech guru.
Life is short, live your passions when you can

#46 August 28 2018

tiny fx

Tech Guru wrote:
nas93 wrote:

Indeed they increased around  ~300 usd price difference on the none OC ti variant on the 1080ti vs 2080ti lunch prices. No competition in performance /innovation especially from AMD graphic cards line.

Here is an interesting article that popped out recently

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 3DMark TimeSpy Score Leaked – Clocked At 2GHz And Beats A GTX 1080 Ti Without AI Cores

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx … -ai-cores/

It will be interesting to see how this rtx plays out, it has potential for sure.

I should report you for getting me hyped up  and ready to spend my hard earned money, every time new tech comes along!

#47 August 28 2018

elserge82

vlatkozelka, too much hate in the air. First excuse me for being off topic, you need to cool it . Tech guru choices are his and it's your choice to take it into consideration or not. I'm an amd fan unlike tech G but that doesn't put me in your shoes. Your last posts are nothing but olx style or asking for some help and advices. My advice to you keep your negativity to yourself. Tech g is sharing his opinion and his readings. And I find very helpful. Again even if I don't totally agree with him.
So Behave.

Last edited by elserge82 (August 29 2018)

#48 August 29 2018

Tech Guru

"The RTX 2080 Ti Founder’s Edition will sell for $1,200 but will drop down to $999 after the initial launch. The RTX 2080 will sell initially sell for $799, and then drop down to $699. Both these cards will be available September 20th. The RTX 2070 is expected a little later in October and will carry a Founder’s Edition price of $599 that will eventually settle to $499 with third-party vendors’ models when those become available. NVIDIA’s prices typically start off high but come down closer to the originally stated MSRP in time. There are always factors that could prevent price normalization—for example, if another crypto boom happens".

Source:  Forbes

So prices will settle down it seems after their initial lunch. Good News Indeed.

I will not preoder now , and real reviews / bechmarks will start to roll out early to mid September by the tech community. Some tech reviewers  already have samples , Nvidia did not release the drivers yet to them. Very Soon they will.

Last edited by Tech Guru (August 29 2018)

#49 September 3 2018

anayman_k7

Day after day the leaks are starting to appear, for now all the leaks confirms that there will be around 30% average performance difference between the 2080Ti and the 1080Ti, while the 1080Ti today could cost you around 650$ and the 2080Ti is at 1200$, no wonder why Nvidia didn't release performance graphs during the announcement and then had to release some shady DLSS/4k HDR for few games to fool the users about the new series having double the performance.
In addition the RTX will be the new HairWorks that everyone will turn off to gain back half the of the lost FPS

#50 September 3 2018

mmk92

anayman_k7 wrote:

Day after day the leaks are starting to appear, for now all the leaks confirms that there will be around 30% average performance difference between the 2080Ti and the 1080Ti, while the 1080Ti today could cost you around 650$ and the 2080Ti is at 1200$, no wonder why Nvidia didn't release performance graphs during the announcement and then had to release some shady DLSS/4k HDR for few games to fool the users about the new series having double the performance.
In addition the RTX will be the new HairWorks that everyone will turn off to gain back half the of the lost FPS

I agree. Even HairWorks doesn't run very well to this day.

Personally, I'm going to upgrade to a used 1080ti. A used card would market for as low as ~$450-$500 which gives me incredible bang for my buck. The more people upgrade the higher the saturation of used 1080tis.

Also, no one mentioned SLI. A pair of 1080tis would cost less than a 2080ti. SLI scaling isn't the best, but I'm confident if you get at least %40-%50 performance from the second card, you're still performing better than a 2080ti at a lower cost (assuming you already had the setup that can support the SLI configuration).

Board footer