LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 9 2017

christina

Hello LebGeeks!

Hello LebGeeks!
I am Christina, 18 years old, first year software engineering student, from Lebanon.
I have been very excited to join this forum since 2 years but I was unable  to solve the sign up challenge despite days of trying manually (I wasn't familiar to programming)!
So, now that I am finally a programmer, I just joined you and I am very happy with that!
Cheers!

Last edited by christina (March 12 2017)

#2 March 9 2017

anayman_k7

Re: Hello LebGeeks!

Welcome christina, It's funny I don't remember solving anything when I signed up in this forum

#3 March 9 2017

jibbo

Hello, What was the signup challenge ?

#4 March 9 2017

christina

jibbo wrote:

Hello.
It was a small programming problem which consists to find the sum of multiples of m or n less or equal to p (m,n and p are given values).
But I think that this challenge exists only since 2014 or so.
So registered members before 2014 won't remember it

#5 March 9 2017

jibbo

christina wrote:
jibbo wrote:

Hello.
It was a small programming problem which consists to find the sum of multiples of m or n less or equal to p (m,n and p are given values).

good to know.
But i don't understand why it should be so hard to register :).
maybe captcha is better.

#6 March 9 2017

Draguen

jibbo wrote:
christina wrote:
jibbo wrote:

Hello.

good to know.
maybe captcha is better.

well, as this is a "geek" website, it's understandable.

Back in the days there was a debate on this forum about the definition of of Geek within "LebGeeks", does it englobe any kind of geek or just programming geek ?

Samer gave the final point of the debate explaining that he meant programming geek or something.

#7 March 9 2017

port80

Draguen wrote:
jibbo wrote:
christina wrote:

Hello.

good to know.
maybe captcha is better.

well, as this is a "geek" website, it's understandable.

Back in the days there was a debate on this forum about the definition of of Geek within "LebGeeks", does it englobe any kind of geek or just programming geek ?

Samer gave the final point of the debate explaining that he meant programming geek or something.

Which I highly disagree with. I am an active member and don't know anything related to programming and wouldn't have been able to sign up if the challenge existed yet I still consider myself a geek and since this forum has gaming, networking and design sections it's wrong to limit sign ups to just programmers. We have few users as is and should invite more not shun them away. Who know how many potential  good contributors we've lost due to the challenge.

#8 March 10 2017

xterm

Welcome christina, enjoy your stay.

On the topic of sign up challenge, you can refer to an earlier post about the matter.

#9 March 10 2017

Padre

xterm, good to see you are still alive old man  :|P
Welcome Christina :)

Last edited by Padre (March 10 2017)

#10 March 10 2017

Flakk

Welcome christina

#11 March 10 2017

Silentcontrol

I think the registration code is easy any geek programmer or any other type can find the solution. Geeks know there way arround the internet i think the purpose of it is to prove you are a geek not a programmer. I joined way before that.

And welcome christina if you need any help frel free to contact me via personal message

Enjoy:)

#12 March 10 2017

christina

anayman_k7 wrote:

Welcome christina

Thanks!

#13 March 10 2017

christina

xterm wrote:

Welcome christina, enjoy your stay.

Thanks xterm.

#14 March 10 2017

christina

Padre wrote:

Welcome Christina :)

Thank you Padre :)

#15 March 10 2017

christina

Flakk wrote:

Welcome christina

Thank you!

#16 March 10 2017

christina

Silentcontrol wrote:

I think the registration code is easy any geek programmer or any other type can find the solution. Geeks know there way arround the internet i think the purpose of it is to prove you are a geek not a programmer. I joined way before that.

And welcome christina if you need any help frel free to contact me via personal message

Enjoy:)

Thank you!
I also think that the registration challenge is vital to keep the content interesting and relevant to all geeks. :)

#17 March 10 2017

MrClass

Welcome welcome!

What interests do you have other than programming? Are you a console peasant or a PC God? (jk don't mean to start a war)

#18 March 12 2017

christina

MrClass wrote:

Welcome welcome!

What interests do you have other than programming? Are you a console peasant or a PC God? (jk don't mean to start a war)

Well, I am passionate about computers in general, but right now I am focusing on software rather than hardware.

I also like gaming but currently I am giving all my time to my studies and projects.

#19 March 12 2017

Silentcontrol

christina wrote:
MrClass wrote:

Welcome welcome!

Well, I am passionate about computers in general, but right now I am focusing on software rather than hardware.

I also like gaming but currently I am giving all my time to my studies and projects.

what type of games ?

#20 March 16 2017

Hybrid

Welcome around

Board footer