LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 January 15 2014

NuclearVision

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

Guys do prepaid cards like pic actually work? And one more question did anyone buy a counterfeit product ? Will it cause problems and headaches with lebanese customs? Thanks.

#77 January 15 2014

rtwo2008

solo220 wrote:

Any one has a problem tracking items on Singapore post from yesterday morning?

I guess since no one answered, that's a negative.

nas93 wrote:

Has anyone ordered with DHL? Do they take extra import taxes for, say a phone?

Once you choose courier companies, your item will 100% go through customs and you will end up paying alot for it. But I don't know if it is possible to order a phone with the other mail companies (Hong Kong Post, Singapore Post, etc... if from the far east).

omar_killer wrote:

So everything is normal and I just have to wait?
Or should I fill a dispute?

Singapore Post is usually ok, as is Hong Kong Post. China Post is a disaster. It has been more than 2 months and my item hasn't arrived with China Post. Also 5 other items from Aliexpress (through China Post) are nowhere to be seen as well. This is the last time I buy from a seller that only uses China Post.

Always file a dispute before the time is up. Aliexpress won't do anything until the time is up anyway. So file the dispute like 5 days before the end. The seller will probably send you messages asking you to wait and that he doesn't refund slow shipments. You can wait while the dispute is open, it is fine. The seller might extend the delivery date, it is fine as well, eventually I think you will get your money back ( I am waiting to see if that will happen to me, 7 days left on the delivery date and the dispute is opened already).

#78 January 20 2014

rtp

I have an item that needs customs clearance, where should i go to pay the customs and receive my item?

#79 January 20 2014

Houssam

rtp wrote:

I have an item that needs customs clearance, where should i go to pay the customs and receive my item?

how did you know that ?
and what shipping method did you take and when did you purchase that item ...
i ordered a wristwatch but i havnt receive anything yet ... that was 55 days ago ...

#80 January 20 2014

khanem

rtp wrote:

Try to contact Libanpost and ask them. They must direct you.

#81 January 21 2014

Louis40

@rtp, i join Houssam with his questions.. if i go through China or other shipment it's to avoid such customs.. Pls explain..
Thx

#82 January 21 2014

rtp

the shipment was with China post, Apparently you can track the item on libanpost website, you can go to the "track&trace" and choose "Other" and enter the tracking number... most of the item i shipped didn't show up there, i got a "no data found". however, one particular item that cost around $140 did show up with a statement of "Item handed over to Customs for clearance". 

The problem is that am very short on time, I tried to call them three already but got "all our lines are busy", so my units are being eaten by these hopeless calls! They don't have 24/7 support, so i can't call them when i return home nor on saturday since i leave home around 7am and return around 1pm . So email is currently the only efficient way of communication, am quite shocked that they replied to my initial email and where helpful.  Now i sent them another email on where to pay the customs but didn't receive anything back....

#83 January 21 2014

Liox5

When the item reaches liban post office in the airport you will be able to track it using their system . I havent received my item yet but i can see that it arrived to leb yesterday and it is now heading to the regional distribution center.

#84 January 21 2014

rtp

"Item handed over to Customs for clearance" doesn't mean that one should go and pay customs. As noted by another user on lebgeek and an email from Liban Post.

#85 January 21 2014

Houssam

finally, my wristwatch is here – i should be able to pick it up tomorrow

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/new-2013 … 51660.html

what you think? nice huh? i ordered the white one.

Last edited by Houssam (January 21 2014)

#86 January 22 2014

Hybrid

Got my first item shipped from china after 55 days, plus another 3 that were shipped around 40 days ago

#87 January 22 2014

Houssam

True, what about paying 1800$ for a chinese laptop?
Everything is being manufactured in china these days, cell phones, (samsung, nokia, LG) laptops (sony, hp, toshiba, asus)
So yes i paid for that and I don't regret it.

#88 January 22 2014

AVOlio

Guys i got two items.
Here are the tracking Info.
13_zpsd7187280.png
And
12_zps2abe9bff.png

What do they mean?

#89 January 22 2014

rtp

I have that PEK in most of my shipment, no idea what it means!

#90 January 22 2014

chosen2k

PEK means it's in the plane. Back in mid 2013, whenever i had PEK meant that I'll receive the item in 10 days. However these days the 10 days window is not so accurate anymore.

#91 January 22 2014

khanem

rtp wrote:

I have that PEK in most of my shipment, no idea what it means!

Your items are still in beijing waiting for departure. Don't worry you will get them eventually.

#92 January 22 2014

Hybrid

If you wanna track the items shipped from China, use:
http://track-chinapost.com/track_chinapost.php

It shows you much more detailed and clearer info about the status and location and date, instead of showing PEK and NULL

#93 January 23 2014

Louis40

@rtp, can you update us with the customs..? did you go and get your item, did you pay?
Thx

#94 January 26 2014

MVille

Is a PO box required to receive a shipment from china to lebanon ? or a proper address is enough ?

#95 January 26 2014

rtp

Louis40 wrote:

@rtp, can you update us with the customs..? did you go and get your item, did you pay?
Thx

Nop i didnt end up paying customs, the item left the customs clearance, yey ^_^

#96 January 26 2014

gamingindex

does anyone know if i will pay customs when i choose dhl ?

#97 January 26 2014

gamingindex

because i have already ordered it will ship in 2 weeks because they have new year in china now

#98 January 26 2014

gamingindex

and if i ship using dhl will i receive it from libanpost ???

#99 January 26 2014

ironman

MVille wrote:

Is a PO box required to receive a shipment from china to lebanon ? or a proper address is enough ?

A proper address is enough :)
Libanpost takes care of delivery within lebanon

#100 January 27 2014

chosen2k

@gamingindex if you ship through DHL you receive the item from DHL. And you will pay customs

Board footer