LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 December 23 2013

Hybrid

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

rtp wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

Anyone tried ordering a Raspberry Pi from AliExpress?

Will I pay custom Fees?

I got one, didn't pay any custom Fees

Awesome, thank you, gonna order one!

#52 December 24 2013

Louis40

I made 11 orders from Aliexpress on my name.. will let you know if i will get them safely within the next year..

#53 January 6 2014

AVOlio

Guys, i have an order. It should have been arrived by now, its long over due.
When i track it, this is what it says under status,
"Departure from outward office of exchange"

What does it mean, and what should i do?

#54 January 6 2014

Liox5

Im still waiting a product that was departured from china  last month.

#55 January 6 2014

Hajj

I've had the same case of "Departure from outward office of exchange".
I cintacted the seller and filed a complaint.
This was enough to get the seller to accelerate things and contact the post office in china, it seems things sent through regular chinapost take forever.
So don't give up, and contact the seller.
Worst case, right is on your side, as aliexpress will always stand by the buyer rather than the seller.

#56 January 6 2014

AVOlio

Yes i already contacted the seller, she agreed to do a full refund for me through Paypal.
I told her that Lebanon doesnt have a paypal, i suggested Western Union (Still waiting for her reply)

But i told her, that i will contact Liban Post tomorrow (Since its closed today) and let her know if its already there or not.
The order delivery date has already finished, so i cant open any disputes.

#57 January 6 2014

thegodfatherdany

I have an order from Oct. 06 2013. Contacted the seller and he didnt sound pleased to refund me. he extended the delivery date twice so far.
Departure from outward office of exchange    has been since November 7,2013. Did any of you open a dispute before contacting the seller?

#58 January 6 2014

AVOlio

October 6?  Wow
You should definitely open a dispute, asking for a Full Refund.
Dont mind about the seller, take the dispute with AliExpress.

#59 January 6 2014

ironman

AVOlio wrote:

Yes i already contacted the seller, she agreed to do a full refund for me through Paypal.
I told her that Lebanon doesnt have a paypal, i suggested Western Union (Still waiting for her reply)

But i told her, that i will contact Liban Post tomorrow (Since its closed today) and let her know if its already there or not.
The order delivery date has already finished, so i cant open any disputes.

@AVOlio you can track your package via the Libanpost website (whenever its in Lebanon) no need to call them,
just choose "Other" in the track and trace section on your left.

i ordered also some stuff on November 1st, and i got nothing till now, they extended the delivery date till january 18th, and its status is Finished, what a website !

#60 January 6 2014

rtwo2008

Ok guys listen up.
Sometime in November, Hong Kong Post broke down (I don't know why or how but that's what I know).
Many retailers switched to Singapore Post which wasn't able to really cope with the increased demand and experienced major delays.

However, some retailers switched to China Post instead of Singapore Post and that's where all hell broke loose.

If your item has a tracking number that ends with CN (like RBxxxxxxxxxxxCN) then your seller shipped with China Post.
You can track here, as this site gives you the most details:
http://track-chinapost.com/startairmail.php

My own package kept being bumped through Chinese customs for 20 days before leaving to LB on Nov 25 (still not arrived yet).

The seller obviously extended the delivery date and I pushed him to actively check with China Post whether they lost the package or not.
I am waiting for his reply and based on the reply I will see if I open a dispute or wait some more.

There is a possibility that due to the increased demand, China Post just broke down as well and lost track of their packages etc...
On another note, one package from Singapore Post arrived dripping wet (it felt that the water had been inside it a while judging by the smell).

#61 January 6 2014

AVOlio

@ironman
I have tried it, entered my RB***********CN tracking number, it did not identify anything.
No Data Found.

@rtwo2008
Here are my results.

Success find: 4 items!
China Post Parcel No.RB830883845CN Tracking Results
item No.     Year     Status     Location     Destination Country     Date
RB830883845CN     2013     Received by China Post     Guangzhou     LB     20131203 2158
RB830883845CN     2013     Waiting for Customs Scan     Guangzhou     LB     20131204 0851
RB830883845CN     2013     In Customs-Control warehouse     Guangzhou     LB     20131204 1009
RB830883845CN     2013     Leaving Customs warehouse     Beijing     LB     20131214 1433

The final tracking status, clearly says leaving chinese customs warehouse. But to where? and where did it arrive? who knows.

The seller contacted me back, she said, that she has never used Western Union before.
But gave me another suggestion, which is i can buy any other thing from AliExpress with the same amount of money.

And i dont know if i am going to accept that, because i do not want to go through another order, and wait another 3 months for shipping.
And i know, that that shipping also, is gonna fail, cause its ME who is ordering!

I dont know, what to do.
I told her, i will check with the post office tomorrow, and if they dont have my items, i will ask for a full refund.
And open a dispute if necessary.
My order status says Finished, can i still open disputes on them guys?

Last edited by AVOlio (January 6 2014)

#62 January 7 2014

rtwo2008

AVOlio wrote:

@ironman

@rtwo2008
Here are my results.

Success find: 4 items!
China Post Parcel No.RB830883845CN Tracking Results
item No.     Year     Status     Location     Destination Country     Date
RB830883845CN     2013     Received by China Post     Guangzhou     LB     20131203 2158
RB830883845CN     2013     Waiting for Customs Scan     Guangzhou     LB     20131204 0851
RB830883845CN     2013     In Customs-Control warehouse     Guangzhou     LB     20131204 1009
RB830883845CN     2013     Leaving Customs warehouse     Beijing     LB     20131214 1433

This says that it left Beijing to LB (Lebanon) on 14 December 2013. There is a high possibility that you will still receive your order. Of course it is safer to open a dispute, but I'm not sure you can do it if it says Finished. Is there a text that says "Open Dispute" that you can click?

#63 January 7 2014

AVOlio

Yes, i opened a dispute.
I said i havent received my items, and it has been way longer than the shipping time mentioned.
And i asked for a full refund.

#64 January 7 2014

solo220

Any one has a problem tracking items on Singapore post from yesterday morning?

#65 January 9 2014

nas93

Has anyone ordered with DHL? Do they take extra import taxes for, say a phone?

#66 January 12 2014

omar_killer

I order 5 different products on Aliexpress (All ordered in the same day)
I ordered them on 14/12/13 and receive only one order, the difference is that it was shipped via Singapore airmail.
All the other products are showing "waiting for customs scan"  so is there anything wrong?

#67 January 12 2014

ironman

@omar_killer, almost same thing happen with me, the singapore mail thing arrived, all the others are still waiting in the customs (those with china air mail...)

#68 January 12 2014

Hybrid

Same here, I ordered almost beginning of December

#69 January 12 2014

khanem

From experience, always ship with singapore post or swiss post. China post sometimes return shipped items to seller without notice and take around 10-15 days longer.

#70 January 12 2014

m0ei

China post is pretty slow. Order with Singapore Post or Hongkong post if you're not willing to wait.

Last edited by m0ei (January 12 2014)

#71 January 13 2014

omar_killer

So everything is normal and I just have to wait?
Or should I fill a dispute?

#72 January 13 2014

ironman

i think its the last time i order from AliExpress, seriously they suck

#73 January 13 2014

Kassem

ironman wrote:

i think its the last time i order from AliExpress, seriously they suck

Why?

#74 January 13 2014

NuclearVision

@ironman aliexpress is not responsible for delivering the product, as far as I know it just hooks you up with the seller, with the ability of retaining your money and opening a dispute option.
So you might want to try a different seller, make sure to investigate a seller reputation and rating before ordering.
And you can't ask for much: it's free shipping ;]

Check this beautiful out.

Last edited by NuclearVision (January 13 2014)

#75 January 14 2014

ironman

@Kassem because of delivery issues, and the it even gets worse when you try communicating with the seller (their english really sucks) but as NuclearVision said, that's what we should expect,  we're getting free shipping.

Board footer