LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 June 22 2013

OxyMoron

Re: Feedback for TerraNet

maulader wrote:
OxyMoron wrote:

I applied for 2Mbit package with TerraNet, after 1 week of applying they contacted me yesterday to inform me that my line cannot handle 2Mbit connection although i live 10 minutes away from my central (Hamra) i have no idea how is that possible, i know people in further areas with much higher internet packages, i'm aware this is Ogero dependent and changing ISP won't solve the issue, just wondering if this is something Ogero will overcome in the near future, i abandoned the local Cable connection for the 2Mbit package with TerraNet and now i'm stuck with 10GB 1Mbit, i was getting the same speed - 24 hours unlimited with the cable guy, but the latency was unbearable.

The same happened to my neighbor who lives in the same building, we both applied same time years ago before the speed bump in connection. I could upgrade my line to any speed I want when he couldn't. He ended up applying for ogero without issues there.

According to TerraNet Ogero "Tested" my line and concluded it can't handle more than 1Mbit, think they are lieng?

Last edited by OxyMoron (June 22 2013)

#77 June 22 2013

nuclearcat

Do you have working DSL modem? We can check SNR and etc and tell if it can handle or not.

#78 June 25 2013

OxyMoron

nuclearcat wrote:

Do you have working DSL modem? We can check SNR and etc and tell if it can handle or not.

Nope, no DSL modem at the moment, i got in contact with the minister to speed up the activation process so they should deliver it soon.

#79 July 20 2013

ManOwaRR

hello,

anyone having problem with terranet connecting  to ea origin  program , stopped working since first of july and still .., so anyone facing the same problem  i'm having and any workaround known ? ( one a side note VPN doesn't work anymore , it allows you to connect but fails to connect  you to a multiplayer game )

thanks

#80 July 20 2013

enthralled

ManOwaRR wrote:

hello,

anyone having problem with terranet connecting  to ea origin  program , stopped working since first of july and still .., so anyone facing the same problem  i'm having and any workaround known ? ( one a side note VPN doesn't work anymore , it allows you to connect but fails to connect  you to a multiplayer game )

thanks

I just tried and it doesn't work; says online login is currently unavailable.
I don't remember last time I tried, probably several months ago, it was working fine.

Last edited by enthralled (July 20 2013)

#81 July 21 2013

ManOwaRR

enthralled wrote:
ManOwaRR wrote:

hello,

thanks

I just tried and it doesn't work; says online login is currently unavailable.
I don't remember last time I tried, probably several months ago, it was working fine.

yeah it doesn't work , same error , I spoke with an engineer at their network operation center  , he couldn't track the issue , we found out that dhcp users are working fine with origin while people with static ip   are not ,

will speak to them    next week and will try  to fix the routing problem their having with ea  servers

#82 July 22 2013

enthralled

ManOwaRR wrote:

will speak to them    next week and will try  to fix the routing problem their having with ea  servers

Please, can you keep me updated with this? Thanks.

#83 July 25 2013

ManOwaRR

well   I called them today , said they still working on it , but  no solution found yet , so i'll wait until they have something to say and will update you as we go on

#84 August 3 2013

orra_13

Hello everyone, Please anyone help me out with this, as i spent a whole day trying to find a solution but failed. I have unsubscribed from Terranet dsl because the internet speed was really slow for the past 3 years since i ever subscribed. Anyways, i need to access the Thompson TG585v7 in order to use it as a Wifi extender for my current internet, however i dont know my modem web interface acess, tried every possible default username and password, and the Terranet customer service said they cant provide me with it because my Terranet account is not active and they cant access my modem to find them out.

Can anyone tell me how can i bypass this username and password, or how to reset the modem to it's factory default (before ISP had changed it) ??

Many thanks

#85 August 4 2013

OxyMoron

orra_13 wrote:

Hello everyone, Please anyone help me out with this, as i spent a whole day trying to find a solution but failed. I have unsubscribed from Terranet dsl because the internet speed was really slow for the past 3 years since i ever subscribed. Anyways, i need to access the Thompson TG585v7 in order to use it as a Wifi extender for my current internet, however i dont know my modem web interface acess, tried every possible default username and password, and the Terranet customer service said they cant provide me with it because my Terranet account is not active and they cant access my modem to find them out.

Can anyone tell me how can i bypass this username and password, or how to reset the modem to it's factory default (before ISP had changed it) ??

Many thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbX8vKUqtbA

Or

http://help.telecom.co.nz/app/answers/d … mson-tg585

#86 August 4 2013

orra_13

Thanks OxyMoron, i have tried that before but didnt work, Terranet customer service guy told i got no way but to bring them my modem to their center so that they can get it off their installed software :S

#87 August 6 2013

amkahal

orra_13 wrote:

... i need to access the Thompson TG585v7 in order to use it as a Wifi extender for my current internet ...

You cannot use it as wifi extender. first, it doesn't support universal repeater mode, second, if you want to get internet via cable then broadcast via wireless, you have to turn off DHCP server.

#88 August 7 2013

ibelieveicanfly

Hello everyone
I am thinking of switching from cable to terranet, but not sure if they are any good in my area (jeita, keserwein).
Is anyone living in the area and subscribed to them? using 1mb/s package? 2mb/s?

Bear in mind i am a gamer, so im very happy to switch from cable to anything fibre optics based.
Does it become unstable once the unlimited download flood begins (11 PM)?
Thanks alot!

#89 August 19 2013

enthralled

ManOwaRR wrote:

well   I called them today , said they still working on it , but  no solution found yet , so i'll wait until they have something to say and will update you as we go on

I sent them an email last week. Today they gave me a call, and now I can connect to Origin. Hope you got it fixed as well.

#90 August 20 2013

enthralled

Hi,
Since last Sunday https://forums.geforce.com/ doesn't load anymore.
https://twitter.com/ loads with scrambled/missing layout as well.
Plus, ping went from average 84ms to 283ms.
Problem with all my devices using Terranet DSL. Except Touch 3G loads everything fine
Any users facing the same? Or is it just me?

#91 August 21 2013

maulader

enthralled wrote:

Hi,
Problem with all my devices using Terranet DSL. Except Touch 3G loads everything fine

Both sites are opening fine to me. Ping to google has been acting up though for a few days now, but mostly to google, some of my games are having more lag then usual as well. My speeds have been quite low for the past week but that could be my FUP.

Last edited by maulader (August 21 2013)

#92 August 21 2013

enthralled

maulader wrote:
enthralled wrote:

Hi,

Both sites are opening fine to me. Ping to google has been acting up though for a few days now, but mostly to google, some of my games are having more lag then usual as well. My speeds have been quite low for the past week but that could be my FUP.

Apparently problems started after they fixed Origin for me. I better contact them.
Thanks

#93 August 21 2013

ManOwaRR

they cannot fix origin  without fucking up the latency ,  it's either 300ms ping  with origin or 70ms ping without origin  connecting and my internet keeps on disconnecting

#94 September 1 2013

maulader

ManOwaRR wrote:

they cannot fix origin  without fucking up the latency ,  it's either 300ms ping  with origin or 70ms ping without origin  connecting and my internet keeps on disconnecting

Did you guys find any solution to this? I downloaded origin yesterday and when I saw the message that I couldn't connect, I remembered that I seen it before, so I'm on the same boat now.
I tried using a VPN, but everytime I use a VPN it works for 1 day then never works again. :/

#95 September 1 2013

enthralled

maulader wrote:
ManOwaRR wrote:

Did you guys find any solution to this? I downloaded origin yesterday and when I saw the message that I couldn't connect, I remembered that I seen it before, so I'm on the same boat now.
I tried using a VPN, but everytime I use a VPN it works for 1 day then never works again. :/

After they fixed Origin for me, I asked them to revert my connection, since their "fix" results in high ping and certain websites can't load. I'm fine without Origin for now. When I need to connect games that require Origin/EA account, I USB-tether my mobile 3G to log in. I think anyone having this issue should report, to let them realize the need for a proper fix.

#96 September 1 2013

maulader

I'll call them tomorrow during office hours I guess.

Another thing, I'm having random disconnects it seems. One minute any website opens and the other nothing opens. I also had a 300ms stable latency to league of legends last night when everything else was running at 80ms, some other games though had packet losses. I grow tired of calling them and getting the same responses, the only time they were ever helpful is when they gave me a static IP. No working VPN  is also frustrating.There's many more issues but I'd spend be writing a novel then. Anyone having any similar issues?

#97 September 3 2013

ManOwaRR

well keep us informed  of whats happening with you , my internet seems to be stable now , just  a pretty high latency

#98 September 3 2013

maulader

ManOwaRR wrote:

well keep us informed  of whats happening with you , my internet seems to be stable now , just  a pretty high latency

I called them 2 days ago and was told it at first that there was no issue and they double checked with tech department. Called them a second time hours later and they told me "ohhh sorry but you were right" and that it was congesture issues due to being in the beginning of the month and everyone doing refills, though that doesn't make much sense comparing it to other months when i don't see those issues.

I told them about my origin issue, and i wish i haven't. I made it clear not to mess up my latency when fixing origin, and i got 3 calls today so far from them trying to fix the issue with origin, last call fixed origin but ruined my latency and gaming is impossible now. They said they will call back but i'm still waiting. The upside to this is the person who's been in contact with me seemed be more professional then rest.

#99 September 4 2013

ManOwaRR

Haha same  issue, they fucked up  the latency , and fucked up origin today , i'am leaving at the end of this month to Europe if by then  they failed to fix the issues i'll switch isp and go with idm , i'll give them few days though

#100 September 4 2013

maulader

ManOwaRR wrote:

hahahahaha same  issue, they fucked up  the latency , and fucked up origin today , i'am leaving at the end of this month to Europe if by then  they failed to fix the issues i'll switch isp and go with idm , i'll give them few days though

Same, origin stopped working today. I was calling them today for the second time after they messed up my latency and told them to revert back what they broke and fuck origin in the first place. They haven't done anything yet and i'm quite anxious now, I swapped to DSL long ago because issues are solved a lot faster then the local shitty cable providers but they're proving to be just as slow and maybe worse.

I am thinking of swapping to IDM/ogero as well as soon as I can afford too, been delaying this for months now. Which do you recommend more and why?

Board footer