LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 March 2 2013

maulader

Re: Feedback for TerraNet

My connection seems be fine now, except for the game i am playing though that problem could be coming from their side, i haven't tested any other. But something bugs me out, my ping to google has doubled from ~60-80  to ~110-140 this past week with some packet loss, tried pinging different stuff and everything was stable and below 100. So what gives?

#52 March 3 2013

patrickyounes

I also am experiencing this problem. Ping to google used to be 70ms now its 124.
Anws its still a good gaming ping.

#53 March 3 2013

Romario

On Saturday, i was playing online smoothly when suddenly the game begun to lag

#54 March 3 2013

Leonedes

I have been a customer of Terranet for a long time and I have never been as disappointed as these last couple of months! I have upgraded to 4mbps ever since they became available, I used to get around 3.7 mbps and a latency of 120ms with Lyon. These past few months, the best speedtest I get is around 2.5 mbps and 330ms with the same server in Lyon. (Similar results to other servers)

My network is extremely secure and my usage quota has not increased and I never even finish the 25 GBs.

Would they be able to do anything about this if I call? Sadly, I'd rather live like this rather than calling them to get the most idiotic f***** up response possible, and later have to deal with the resulting anger due to their lack of professional competence :)

#55 March 6 2013

patrickyounes

I'd call them. Terranet has great customer service and its 24/7. Call them and tell them your problem.
They ought to fix it.

#56 April 4 2013

maulader

I can't seem to be able to open my account page in the website, as i want to check my usage. Anyone else having this problem?
This started this morning.

#57 April 4 2013

Gamer

Yep same here, guessing they are doing maintenance

#58 April 13 2013

Romario

What is the average ping to google at 9 pm? Mine is 1000 ms all day.

#59 April 18 2013

patrickyounes

Romario wrote:

What is the average ping to google at 9 pm? Mine is 1000 ms all day.

78ms all day long.
Sometimes goes to 100ms after 11pm. Sometimes.

#60 April 19 2013

Romario

I guess something is wrong with my internet.

#61 April 20 2013

enthralled

Romario wrote:

I guess something is wrong with my internet.

Same here. Youtube doesn't load either, since 2 days ago. I have to change between 360-480p a few times before it plays.

Last edited by enthralled (April 20 2013)

#62 April 20 2013

maulader

I don't have the latency issue with google that romario is talking about, but the connection seems unstable since 2 days as well. Games are lagging WAY more then the usual, something is wrong with the youtube page, loads super slow and i have to right click "stop download" or i get error occurred on each video.

Last edited by maulader (April 20 2013)

#63 April 20 2013

Romario

Games are laging even in the morning. I have either high ping or packet loss all the time.

#64 April 20 2013

maulader

Romario wrote:

Games are laging even in the morning. I have either high ping or packet loss all the time.

Same but for me, it's a little bearable in the morning, but i never had packet loss in the morning before.

#65 April 20 2013

DarkNe0441

I am a Wise user and I am having lag problems at peak times as well. Seems like this is common to all ISPs.

#66 April 20 2013

Romario

The problem is that my internet isnt stable at all. Yesterday i played a game at 9 pm, the internet was flawless. Today i couldn t play at 1 pm.

#67 April 21 2013

amkahal

I'm with Terranet, and it is all time routed via satellite, that's crappy :S

#68 April 21 2013

Romario

Today the ping is fine. 100 ms to google. First time since a long time ago.

#69 April 21 2013

patrickyounes

Well , my internet has been crappy this week.
No idea why, hope they fix it soon.

#70 April 22 2013

Romario

On saturday i submited a msg via terra.net.lb nagging about high ping. the next day ping went from 1000ms to 100ms even at peek on. plus they called me twice today.  They changed my point of view.

Last edited by Romario (April 22 2013)

#71 April 24 2013

maulader

Well seems that it was fixed yesterday morning, but since last night i can't open any youtube video anymore.

#72 April 26 2013

patrickyounes

Omg this is so weird.
I used to be unable to open any youtube 3 days ago.
It got fixed bu itself the next day, kinda weird.

#73 April 28 2013

bigjudge

I have been with Terranet since 2008. for the last month they started shaping my download speed on ftp and https. download speeds on http is normal. Anyone having same issues?

#74 June 22 2013

OxyMoron

I applied for 2Mbit package with TerraNet, after 1 week of applying they contacted me yesterday to inform me that my line cannot handle 2Mbit connection although i live 10 minutes away from my central (Hamra) i have no idea how is that possible, i know people in further areas with much higher internet packages, i'm aware this is Ogero dependent and changing ISP won't solve the issue, just wondering if this is something Ogero will overcome in the near future, i abandoned the local Cable connection for the 2Mbit package with TerraNet and now i'm stuck with 10GB 1Mbit, i was getting the same speed - 24 hours unlimited with the cable guy, but the latency was unbearable.

Last edited by OxyMoron (June 22 2013)

#75 June 22 2013

maulader

OxyMoron wrote:

I applied for 2Mbit package with TerraNet, after 1 week of applying they contacted me yesterday to inform me that my line cannot handle 2Mbit connection although i live 10 minutes away from my central (Hamra) i have no idea how is that possible, i know people in further areas with much higher internet packages, i'm aware this is Ogero dependent and changing ISP won't solve the issue, just wondering if this is something Ogero will overcome in the near future, i abandoned the local Cable connection for the 2Mbit package with TerraNet and now i'm stuck with 10GB 1Mbit, i was getting the same speed - 24 hours unlimited with the cable guy, but the latency was unbearable.

The same happened to my neighbor who lives in the same building, we both applied same time years ago before the speed bump in connection. I could upgrade my line to any speed I want when he couldn't. He ended up applying for ogero without issues there.

Last edited by maulader (June 22 2013)

Board footer