LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 December 3 2012

sam.961

Re: Feedback for TerraNet

amkahal wrote:

@sam.961: Dear, where are the dynamic public IPs ?? since 3 months my IP is private one :S

Dear,

Due to the increased subscribers, ogero had turned the users for dynamic private IP. Some users are turned to real static one for some reasons.
No more real ips for free.

Regards,

#27 December 3 2012

amkahal

sam.961 wrote:
amkahal wrote:

@sam.961: Dear, where are the dynamic public IPs ?? since 3 months my IP is private one :S

Dear,

Due to the increased subscribers, ogero had turned the users for dynamic private IP. Some users are turned to real static one for some reasons.

Regards,

Let's be honest, Terranet are losing popularity, since all people loved them because it was one of few ISPs that offers public IPs, and now the quality was influenced negatively...

Please do something to keep up, i wont switch to another ISP.

#28 December 4 2012

TPR0

amkahal wrote:
sam.961 wrote:
amkahal wrote:

Dear,

Regards,

Let's be honest, Terranet are losing popularity, since all people loved them because it was one of few ISPs that offers public IPs, and now the quality was influenced negatively...

Please do something to keep up, i wont switch to another ISP.

Yes,

I'v contacted the technical support, they said you need 4mbps plan or higher in order to own a real ip...

Soon to be using OGERO....

#29 December 26 2012

leblinux

Anyone noticed for the past 3 days internet is getting better even af afternoons and during night getting ping at 65ms and 0.75Mbps up around 0.20 Mbps.
Terranet thru Khaldeh CO here up to 1Mbps plan tested at 11:37 pm.

#30 December 27 2012

Romario

Yes, ping and download speed are stable all day long.

#31 December 27 2012

TPR0

Opposite here...

1 mb plan, ping around 350 ms to google.com...

#32 January 3 2013

GeorgeN

2411965490.png

Friend just linked me this.... abnormal, it's cached right

#33 January 7 2013

Revilucian

Well, same deal same problem
After 10 AM (sometimes before) ping gets to 350-360 all day , then gets even higher at 6+ pm..
untill 2AM in returns to 110-125 ms... which is shit , means I can't play online
I contacted them many times , untill today they called me and after a 10 min chat the guy said will switch me to Online Gaming thing for lower ping but same speed.. BUT still the ping is the same.. 350 ms at the moment.. any ideas how much time it takes to switch to online gaming account ?

#34 January 7 2013

maulader

Revilucian wrote:

Well, same deal same problem
After 10 AM (sometimes before) ping gets to 350-360 all day , then gets even higher at 6+ pm..
untill 2AM in returns to 110-125 ms... which is shit , means I can't play online
I contacted them many times , untill today they called me and after a 10 min chat the guy said will switch me to Online Gaming thing for lower ping but same speed.. BUT still the ping is the same.. 350 ms at the moment.. any ideas how much time it takes to switch to online gaming account ?

for me, it took 10 minutes only to complete the switch, but they said that it can even take up to 3-4 days. Try contacting them again, ask if you've been switched yet or not, make sure they have a case opened.

#35 January 17 2013

Revilucian

maulader wrote:

for me, it took 10 minutes only to complete the switch, but they said that it can even take up to 3-4 days. Try contacting them again, ask if you've been switched yet or not, make sure they have a case opened.

Well it worked out just great for days, ping 100 all day even after 11pm.. but now all of a sudden, got to 350+ and 650+ later at night.. contacted them =.= said not much they can do, and asked me to wait ..

Anyone else having lame terranet dsl these days ?

#36 January 20 2013

egmaalouf

Hi Terranet has been going very slow my grandma has Terranet ADSL and it's ping is very bad speed the worst but they are improving starting in 2013 this month it was great especially yesterday night speedtest came out with 0.90Mbps where it wa 0.21Mbps I couldn't believe my eyes I did the test almost 10 times and every time between 0.88 and 0.9Mbps which made it great
Call 1293 and submit a ticket for more sore if it isn't speeding

#37 January 30 2013

sam.961

Dears,
In the past 7 month, there was a problem during to the lack in bandwidth. After the agreement from the government, now the bandwidth is increased and  the speed issue should be solved.
Regards,

#38 January 31 2013

amkahal

sam.961 wrote:

Dears,
In the past 7 month, there was a problem during to the lack in bandwidth. After the agreement from the government, now the bandwidth is increased and  the speed issue should be solved.
Regards,

I'm noticing a stable and good speed since 1 month from Terranet.

#39 January 31 2013

enthralled

sam.961 wrote:

Dears,
Regards,

Thanks for the update. Connection seems good.

#40 February 16 2013

patrickyounes

maulader wrote:

I don't know if this was fixed for you guys, but it was for me, after my phone call to them and them saying that they opened a case file for me cause i use my connection for online gaming, it was fixed in 10mins, could be coincidence or i don't know, if you're still having problems, i suggest calling them.

how much does it cost ? please reply as soon as possilbe? since my terranet is soon to be canceled at the end of this month
I did have an idea that it is a fixed ip that they give you , if so are the pings stable and low at all times ?

#41 February 16 2013

patrickyounes

Terranet's pings seems to be really shitty and pretty unstable , it may get to a 100ms sometimes. I REPEAT SOMETIMES. Most of the time its a shitty latency. Its great as far as it is for surfing the internet and unlimited night traffic but not much for online gaming.

Pinged google at about noon today , look what i got -_-
C:\Users\Christelle Y>ping www.google.com

Pinging www.google.com [173.194.70.147] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 173.194.70.147: bytes=32 time=361ms TTL=47
Reply from 173.194.70.147: bytes=32 time=417ms TTL=47
Reply from 173.194.70.147: bytes=32 time=442ms TTL=47
Reply from 173.194.70.147: bytes=32 time=396ms TTL=47

Ping statistics for 173.194.70.147:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 361ms, Maximum = 442ms, Average = 404ms

#42 February 17 2013

maulader

Mh, i never seen to have any increased latency lately, been gaming almost 24hours a day with "almost" no problems, my ping stays below 100ms most of the time. My problem is at 11pm at night, and always have been like this since 6years now with terranet, for some god damn reason, at exactly 11pm the connection crashes sometimes, and last few days i've been getting a LOT of packet losses at that time and can't play anything, and if it's not a packet loss problem then ping is perfectly fine but the speeds go down to hell and not even youtube would open. That's the problem i've been suffering for years now with terranet and i'd rather not swap to anything else for different reasons, mainly, i'm afraid of getting something worse, and second of all, the time between switching providers considering i have to cancel with terranet and present it to another provider might set me back 2 month without connection on a worst case scenario.

#43 February 17 2013

patrickyounes

maulader wrote:

Mh, i never seen to have any increased latency lately, been gaming almost 24hours a day with "almost" no problems, my ping stays below 100ms most of the time. My problem is at 11pm at night, and always have been like this since 6years now with terranet, for some god damn reason, at exactly 11pm the connection crashes sometimes, and last few days i've been getting a LOT of packet losses at that time and can't play anything, and if it's not a packet loss problem then ping is perfectly fine but the speeds go down to hell and not even youtube would open. That's the problem i've been suffering for years now with terranet and i'd rather not swap to anything else for different reasons, mainly, i'm afraid of getting something worse, and second of all, the time between switching providers considering i have to cancel with terranet and present it to another provider might set me back 2 month without connection on a worst case scenario.

What package do you have ?
And are you in the gaming category set by terranet or just a regular dsl subscriber.
I am switching to ogero at the end of this month , mainly because of this unstable latency.

#44 February 17 2013

maulader

patrickyounes wrote:
maulader wrote:

What package do you have ?
And are you in the gaming category set by terranet or just a regular dsl subscriber.
I am switching to ogero at the end of this month , mainly because of this unstable latency.

2mb/s package and yes i'm in gaming category, even got a fixed ip, which is why i'm on stable latency. As i said only issue, is using the connection at night in some days.

#45 February 20 2013

patrickyounes

I have contacted terranet and opened a case.
Told me they will work on it and it should be resolved in the upcoming hours.
I will update you if everything goes well, which I am hoping.

#46 February 20 2013

patrickyounes

pretty impressed at current pings. stable and below a 100ms.
and it took me just 1 hour.
still subscribed to terrranet and pleased. hope it stays the same

#47 February 28 2013

maulader

So i'm having an issue past few days with my connection, called them today and told them about having high latency and packet loss involved. The response i got is "we did everything we can for you, you have a static IP, you're labeled as online gaming so we route you on short delay lines, and packet loss is normal to have"

This is the 3rd time i get a similar respone from them in the past monthes, but this is the first time this has prolonged for 5days where the connection would be unstable even during the day and not just at peak times.

What i don't understand is how they managed put "online gaming" and "packet loss is normal" in 1 phrase.

#48 February 28 2013

hussam

@maulader, It's intentional to throttle you to a certain performance level.
The packet gets delayed a certain amout of time before going through.
look up delay pools on google.
ISPs do that in lebanon to simulate network congestion when in fact they have enough bandwidth but want to lower capacity usage.

#49 February 28 2013

maulader

hussam wrote:

@maulader, It's intentional to throttle you to a certain performance level.
The packet gets delayed a certain amout of time before going through.
look up delay pools on google.
ISPs do that in lebanon to simulate network congestion when in fact they have enough bandwidth but want to lower capacity usage.

thanks for the reply, that makes sense now. Being the type of person who downloads lots of series, i reach an easy 50GB+ traffic usage every month. I always wondered why the beginning of every month i see a huge improvement on my connection. Now i wonder what my solution would be, can't afford 2 different lines of DSL, let alone thinking about a dedicated. Any suggestions?

#50 March 1 2013

patrickyounes

thanks for the reply, that makes sense now. Being the type of person who downloads lots of series, i reach an easy 50GB+ traffic usage every month. I always wondered why the beginning of every month i see a huge improvement on my connection. Now i wonder what my solution would be, can't afford 2 different lines of DSL, let alone thinking about a dedicated. Any suggestions?

Go For HDSL you might have to pay alot but still you
Will have a big quota and I dont think the speed will be affected as long as you are still beneath quota limit

Board footer