LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 3 2005

Pito

Mercury Products ...

What do you think of all the Mercury products from computer products (mb, ram, case, vga, addons, tv tuners, ALL) to Lifestyle products digital cameras, MP3 players, dvd players, speakers....) Anyone having problems with this brand??

#2 September 3 2005

rolf

Re: Mercury Products ...

Never heard anything bad about them.

#3 September 3 2005

mahdoum

haha throw them in the bin  i honestly hate them, mercury and genuis. My mouse just broke a few days ago (can't be fixed) and my keyboard had problems that i was able to fix.

#4 September 4 2005

Pito

haha throw them in the bin  i honestly hate them, mercury and genuis. My mouse just broke a few days ago (can't be fixed) and my keyboard had problems that i was able to fix.

Well the mouse $1 and the keyboard $3 not a big deal...

thei've told me that The Mercury Motherboards uses the same chipset as Intel originals and they are faster than Intel 20% can anyone confirm this????

#5 September 4 2005

samer
Admin

#6 September 4 2005

mezin

@mahdoom: i've had my genius optical mouse for quite a lot of time now (in years) now and it's still super great :)

@pito : i used to have a mercury motherboard for my P3 and it was really good , never gave me problems that's the best i can help you

#7 September 4 2005

darkstar

i have no experience with mercury products but i personally would never go with them .. I prefer MSI,ASUS,ABIT,INTEL.. when it comes to mobo ..etc

#8 November 2 2005

fuseless

Go for Mercury boards when u're looking for cheap substitutes over Intel. Otherwise Intel/Asus boards are much better quality wise.
Mercury now have boards where the cpu come bundled or even ironed to the boards, low prices.
I always prefer to use Intel boards, personally or for my clients. That would buy you peace of mind.
As for small accessories like usb flash, Mp3 players and stuff like that Mercury has some cool cheap items. sold some didn't get any complaint.

L8erz

#9 November 2 2005

rolf

I have the impression that the latest intel boards have dropped in quality. I have bought 2 intel boards with pentium 4 D CPUs (that's with 1mb cache) and one of them is not acting very reliable.
My experience with MSI boards is good on the other hand.

#10 November 2 2005

ulias

faster then intel???!!!!! no way the mercury copr uses very low performance materials to give u a low cost products they suck @making hardwares mabe they are ahead of others in innovation but in matter of resistance or in durability their products are a one time use /one day use maybe less....

Board footer