LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#151 May 9 2013

Aly

Re: Amhaz (Stars Communications) shop

I wast at Amhaz today, bought myself a Galaxy S3 for 405$ (He said it was 385$ 2 weeks ago), the HTC One is for 900$ and Galaxy S4 625$.
On the other hand, one of the sellers over there was speaking with another customer and telling him, starting next month all phones prices will rise by 23%, not sure how much accurate this statement is but this is what I heard.

#152 May 9 2013

Zahix

Is this s4 the octa core ?

#153 May 9 2013

Zahix

I guess all i 9500 are octa core

#154 May 9 2013

yasamoka

The i9505 is the Snapdragon 300 Quad-core.

#155 May 10 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

Aly wrote:

I wast at Amhaz today, bought myself a Galaxy S3 for 405$ (He said it was 385$ 2 weeks ago), the HTC One is for 900$ and Galaxy S4 625$.
On the other hand, one of the sellers over there was speaking with another customer and telling him, starting next month all phones prices will rise by 23%, not sure how much accurate this statement is but this is what I heard.

This is the new law, new customs and VAT will be paid for any new phone after 1st June.
I think finally to not sell my HTC OneX now for 300$ and wait 3 weeks so I can sell it for 350$ ;)
If new phones will be more expensive,so will be the used ones

#156 May 10 2013

xerxes

Its all crap, nothing is going up 23 %. its just talk.
We are in Lebanon, people like Amhaz rule, they can always manage to screw the law. The whole thing is a blackmail for Amhaz and Co.
For real guys, the country is about to blow up and they are concerned about smuggled mobiles!

Last edited by xerxes (May 10 2013)

#157 May 10 2013

Zahix

They cant avoid this because all imei numbers should be added to the phone line providers through the Government in order to be accepted on the network. Black market phones will not get service in lebanon.

Unless you change your imei but that's illegal.

Also if you have new phones in your possessions. Make sure you send a random message with those devices before june 1st to be added in the allowed database.

#158 May 10 2013

xerxes

they can always manage to get their smuggled devices IMEI into the system.
The main point is, do you really guys believe that this is for the sake of humanity bla bla bla...
man, they are selling fake drugs, poisoned meat, outdated milk.....with all the corruption we live in, I find it weird to believe that this is for a good cause.

#159 May 10 2013

Zahix

Dude its just for vat and customs what else could it be. They will make millions out of this.

#160 May 10 2013

xerxes

They can make more than that from the sea properties (as an example)...they can make 10 times that from other smuggled commidities...I can give a hundred example. but they are not doing it.

Anyways here we are, we'll see.

I would like also to note that if Amhaz who is in the middle of this war felt that this is true he would added up the prices, and since 3 weeks now and almost all devices prices has gone down.

#161 May 10 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

Sehnaoui has some elections ahead of him,he's just trying to convince people that he's against smuggling,but it's just comedy like we already saw with others,once the elections are finished,Amhaz will be selling activated phones without paying a penny

#162 May 15 2013

antolica

HTC One 800$ at Amhaz

Last edited by antolica (May 15 2013)

#163 May 16 2013

samer
Admin

The May 7 price list shared by chosen2k shows the LG Nexus E960 at 355, the updated price list on the StarsCom website (May 13) shows the same phone at 395. A 40$ rise in one week? Any idea what's going on?

EDIT: As of May 16th, it's down to $380.

#164 May 18 2013

arzleb

Amhaz will be forced to have a 15% rise in prices, but this rise will not show before 2 or 3 month at least because he already stacked up on some flagship devices.

Even with this 15% rise take the Galaxy S4 for example selling 630$ it will be 730$ lets say (Amhaz), it will remain cheaper then CTC who are selling it now for 880$.

Buying from Amhaz will be totally legal, the market is open, all registered "importers" will be able to get any device even if the brand has a dealership in Lebanon and anyone can apply for "importer" status.

iPads and Tablets wireless wont get affected by the price rise.

As for iPhone, talks already launched with Apple and soon it will be announced, official iPhone support in Lebanon through both operators just like the BlackBerry one.

#165 May 19 2013

Sfenjy

Is it safe to buy for example a Samsung galaxy S4 now or not ? I heard that some people are facing problems with their S4 s bought outside CTC , lags and such .

I would appreciate if someone replies fast since I want to buy the S4 but these rumors are spooking me

#166 May 19 2013

AvoK95

Sfenjy wrote:

Is it safe to buy for example a Samsung galaxy S4 now or not ? I heard that some people are facing problems with their S4 s bought outside CTC , lags and such .

I would appreciate if someone replies fast since I want to buy the S4 but these rumors are spooking me

Any phone that lags, means the build isn't good. You simply flash it with a newer build firmware. Even if you get it off CTC, if it's a very early batch, you'll have the same problem.

#167 May 19 2013

yasamoka

You won't get lag if you get a bad phone. You'll get freezing, hanging, etc...and yes, it can happen if the phone you have bought is from a lesser grade batch.

As it stands, I'd advise you to get a phone from the dealer, CTC. You'd get warranty and peace of mind.

#168 May 19 2013

Sfenjy

Thanks Avok just one more question. My main concern is the new law that ArzLeb was talking about in the post above. If I buy s4 from amhaz ( which is not considered LEGIT) will i face problems or its just the same. Can CTC lock my phone or something ?

#169 May 19 2013

yasamoka

No, the law would apply starting June. All existing phones will not be touched.

Again, I suggest getting it from its dealer. Particularly Samsung phones.

Last edited by yasamoka (May 19 2013)

#170 May 20 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

Yep because Microage(HTC dealer) is too expensive,you will pay about 300-400$ difference with Amhaz.
Just be sure the HTC One you buy is from a new batch meaning end-April and newer (near serial number on the box).
I recommend the elmazad delivery guy because you can always exchange for a period of 1 week in case you had a bad unit

#171 May 26 2013

arzleb

Sfenjy wrote:

Thanks Avok just one more question. My main concern is the new law that ArzLeb was talking about in the post above. If I buy s4 from amhaz ( which is not considered LEGIT) will i face problems or its just the same. Can CTC lock my phone or something ?

Any phone you will buy after June 1st from the market, put a sim card in it, dial a number (yourself) if it rings then buy it whether its from the dealer or not.

Every working phone after june 1st imported by the dealer (CTC for example) or not is legit, our market has no exclusivity law and anyone can import mobiles if they have the proper license.

Already Amhaz is bring phones in a legit way and they are still cheaper then CTC, which means CTC has to sort this matter up, while his price compared to other brands got very close.

#172 May 26 2013

Sfenjy

I Already ordered my S4 cost 620 $ and from a local store. I wanted to wait till the price drops more but I am 99% sure that prices will go up at least 10% starting next month. I hope my new S4 will not keep restarting and rebooting on its own like I heard.

Thanks for all your help appreciate it .

#173 May 29 2013

antolica

are the prices increasing already? i called amhaz, s4 was 600 2 days ago, now its 640.
htc one was 750 now its 780!
is it better to buy now?

#174 May 31 2013

ironman

iphone 5 is 750, nexus 4 16GB not available... prices are going crazy....

#175 June 1 2013

vegetaleb
Banned

antolica wrote:

are the prices increasing already? i called amhaz, s4 was 600 2 days ago, now its 640.
htc one was 750 now its 780!
is it better to buy now?

It's less damage than we feared though, only the HTC One is sill expensive because they said its high price in May was due to new customs...
Anyway I love this phone more and more everyday.

Last edited by vegetaleb (June 1 2013)

Board footer