LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#201 February 24 2013

Chafic

Re: World of Warcraft - Game Thread

I play in the mealstorm server EU. I got the full games this year and I have a level 60 shaman and 63 death knight. I'm also making a panderian monk with a friend.

#202 March 7 2013

kevlevis

this is an old thread, but wow isnt WoW becoming lamer every day, it used to be much fun when it was harder to quest or having the challenge of the dungeons and questing, since level 80 and up everything became easier, course they attracted more pple to have an easy play around but it lost the challenge within
Burning crusade was the last best patch

#203 March 7 2013

Badieh

kevlevis wrote:

this is an old thread, but wow isnt WoW becoming lamer every day, it used to be much fun when it was harder to quest or having the challenge of the dungeons and questing, since level 80 and up everything became easier, course they attracted more pple to have an easy play around but it lost the challenge within

The challenge is closely related to how geared you are, I remember when Cata first was released, people had serious issues with the dungeons. The encounters were quite challenging! This, of course, lasted until everyone got geared again, which made the encounters tank and spank once more. This will never change until they stick to a gear cap while increasing the dungeon's level.

#204 March 7 2013

maulader

kevlevis wrote:

this is an old thread, but wow isn't WoW becoming lamer every day, it used to be much fun when it was harder to quest or having the challenge of the dungeons and questing, since level 80 and up everything became easier, course they attracted more pple to have an easy play around but it lost the challenge within

I'm an not old timer WoW player, but I've been playing online for years now many mmo's included. An mmo has to evolve in order to survive a longer lifetime, it won't be appealing to everyone especially not the old timers, but that's the only approach any gaming company would take after holding a great title for so long. The people's perspective towards games have changed in the past 6 years and changes have to done to accommodate, they won't be able to live up to everyone's expectation, but that's something any gaming company has learned to live with.

Another note to add and this is something that have been discussed by many critics extensively. Familiarity to the game is making it less appealing, in the older days of WoW there was no charts, simulations and the theorycrafting that exists now, everything feels so mechanic and all you have to do is look up the known sites to know ur rotation. The thrill of exploration has been long gone from the game, trying to figure out what works best on your own which would take you months of debate with other players - You just run a simulation now and figure out everything in less then an hour.

I've unsubscribed from WoW myself for the 3rd time for the lack of interest, it's a great game, one of the best mmo's out there but it is not as appealing to me anymore but for the most part, that is because i think WoW is a must group play - No, i'm not talking about vent and stuff like that - and as well as having interest in more stuff. I still might very likely subscribe again in the near future, but the only thing that would perfectly be appealing to me is Warcraft 4, but it seems that blizzard has forgotten that idea and focusing more on Titan.

Last edited by maulader (March 7 2013)

#205 April 11 2013

hackable?

Hey people, whats up! I have been thinking about organizing a WoW pvp tournament for Lebanese people only. It will be made up of 1v1, 2v2,...etc. It will probably be on a fun instant 85 private 4.3 cataclysm server ( we all start same gear so its all about skills ;) ). We will discuss it and schedule a time for it. We might even put some real life prizes/rewards for the winners. What do you guys think ?

#206 April 11 2013

Seth

Yes yes yes yes. If you're thinking of 4.3 thrn go kn AT. I am totally up for it. Have partners though one is not from lebanon. Looking gorward for this. 4.3 is my favorite patch for PvP.

#207 July 20 2013

vengeance666

Selling or trading my WoW account for something actually useful .. EU account fully upgraded to Mists of Pandaria and another account under same b.net empty but has Cataclysm expansion :

1- lvl 90 Night Elf Hunter ( on Ragnaros ) : full malevolant geared , slowly getting Tyrannical geared ( got weapon already ) with Lieutenant Commander title ( 2k xp in RBGs ) and Veteran of The Alliance mount ... All from last season.

2- lvl 90 Human Priest ( on Ragnaros ) : 517ilvl full PvE geared with some achievements , way ahead in legendary questline ( got the legendary meta gem ) and currently on the 600ilvl Cloak quest. Got gear for both Shadow and Discipline specs.

3- lvl 90 Human Warlock ( on Ragnaros ) : almost full malevolant geared with some Tyrannical pieces.

4- lvl 87 Worgen Warrior ( on Ragnaros ) : just started Frostmourne questline.

5- lvl 90 Blood Elf Mage ( on Twisting Nether ) : 500ilvl PvE , full malevolant PvP , 1.4k xp RBGs ( Senior Sergeant).

6- Lvl 87 Horde Pandaren Shaman ( on Twisting Nether ).

7- lvl 70 Blood Elf Monk ( on Stormscale ).

There is also some level 60s and lower scattered here and there.

Professions maxed out on Ragnaros are Jewel Crafting ( lots of recipes ) , Inscription x2 , Alchemy and Engineering. While on Twisting Nether or Stormscale nothing is maxed out as for professions. Also got high cooking skill on Hunter.

Total gold I got on Ragnaros is around 40k instead of 140k since I bought gametime until 11th of February 2014 , while other servers there's nothing worth mentioning ( 3k on Twisting Nether ).

The account also has some really awesome rare mounts : Onyxian Drake, Ashes of Al'ar , Vicious War Steed , Ravenlord , Swift White Hawkstrider , X-51 Nether Rocket X-Treme ( TCG mount ) , Crimson Deathcharger and more ( total of 112 mounts account wide ) and many achievement mounts. Also many cool titles ( rare titles , PvP titles , rep titles and achievement titles ).Also worth mentioning that the account has many raiding achievements and kills also. The account is played daily by me until it's sold so I'll keep this post updated.

If you are interested contact me via mail here or add my skype : rami.abou.malham .

Last edited by vengeance666 (July 31 2013)

#208 August 3 2013

Anthony2000

hey guys, im looking forward to buying WoW  BUT i need someone experienced to fill me in with the details and  requirements for the game( gamecards, downloads, servers,..) any help would be appreciated ! :)

#209 August 3 2013

Chafic

If you have a credit card then you have no problem. Sales come and go for you to buy the whole set online. If you don't have a credit card you can buy the games at local stores, got mine from there. Just buy the vanilla or the first wow so that you wont have to the other expansions (lich king and burning crusade) Cata and panderia need to be bought each. As for servers it all depends on what you want to do ( pvp, pve, rpvp e.t.c). Each month is like 17$ the more the months the cheaper it gets. The download is like 25 gb so if you can get it from a friend or someone that has it, it would be better.

#210 August 3 2013

Anthony2000

i do have a credit card but im not understanding the whole expansion thing... and what is a vanilla?

Last edited by Anthony2000 (August 3 2013)

#211 August 3 2013

Chafic

Ok expansions are what let you get to higher levels and places, you will need them for you to have the complete game features and maps. Vanilla is the first world of warcraft, which will unlock for you 3 out of 5 expansions. You can play from level 1-20 for free if you want to test it out. eu.blizzard.com/store go to this website so you can buy them all.

#212 August 3 2013

vengeance666

Vanilla is the first WoW released , Azeroth up to level 60 . The Burning Crusade ( TBC ) is an expansion ( even tho you get for free now ) and it allows you to go to Outland and reach up to level 70 , then comes Wrath of The Lich King ( WOTLK ) which is an expansion that unlocks Northrend and allows you to reach level 90 , then comes Cataclysm , allows you to reach new zones and level to 85 then last comes Mists of Pandaria ( MOP ) that unlocks Pandaria and level until 90. Of course each zone contains alot of new things and raids and as I know to enjoy the game as it finest you need to have the whole expansions and be at level 90 , that's where the fun begins. To buy as full account with all expansion packs and a month gametime it costs around 170 000 L.L from the Blizzard website ( approximate number I don't remember how much exactly ). If you need further help just send me a message here. And yea one last thing , make sure you play EU not US ( www.wow-europe.com ) , to avoid high latencies and lag.

#213 August 3 2013

Chafic

vengeance666 wrote:

... then comes Wrath of The Lich King ( WOTLK ) which is an expansion that unlocks Northrend and allows you to reach level 90...

Small typo its 80 not 90.

#214 February 6 2014

supra

Can somebody who lives around Beirut share with me a hard copy of the WoW client? (even if it is the Vanilla).thanks!

PS: I don't want a key or anything, just the client that Blizzard allows users to download for free because downloading it takes forever.

#215 February 6 2014

Lebscream

supra you mean you want the whole game true? or just the downloader?, if the downloader I can send over internet but the whole game then have to meet you up with my laptop to give ... :)

#216 February 6 2014

supra

Lebscream, I actually want the whole game. check your pm :)

#217 May 29 2014

NuclearVision

Photo%2029-05-14%209%2035%2020%20pm.png
Hilarious!

#218 June 9 2014

Lebscream

Hello guys long time no seen how everything??

just a question any Lebanese player on EU-Silvermoon? arround

#219 June 15 2014

vengeance666

Lebscream wrote:

Hello guys long time no seen how everything??

just a question any Lebanese player on EU-Silvermoon? arround

Used to , but I quit last August :(

#220 August 5 2014

Earthmaster

Selling my wow account eu
Draenor:
Level 90 orc shaman
85 undead rogue
85 troll druid
85 orc warlock
85 panda monk
82 tauren paladin
79 undead priest

Frostmane:
90 nightelf monk
86 nightelf warrior
84 human paladin
83 dwarf hunter
82 gnome mage
82 night elf priest

Ahnqiraj:
85 blood elf dk
85 undead mage
85 orc warrior
85 blood elf priest
85 blood elf paladin
85 undead hunter

+ all the lvl 40-75 characters

#221 August 15 2014

xterm

#222 November 23 2014

RyanAn

Hey guys, my friends are playing wow warlords of draenor on the us servers, I'm thinking about joining them. I'm not sure about the ping to us west or east so Can anyone provide me with a cd to install a game and try one of their accounts there to see if it's playable or not.

The game is around 28 gb, I'm with ogero, that will go over my consumption limit and Il be charged like hell for it.

Thanks,
Ryan

#223 November 24 2014

nefe_lpmk

Join us , we are a group of Lebanese friends on Emerald Dream - US  ( good 50/50 world pvp server)

Last edited by nefe_lpmk (November 24 2014)

#224 November 24 2014

RyanAn

nefe_lpmk wrote:

Join us , we are a group of Lebanese friends on Emerald Dream - US  ( good 50/50 world pvp server)

Hey, good idea, I need to get the game first because I cant download it, do you have whatsapp so we can chat ?

Thanks

#225 November 25 2014

sfcmradj

Hi everyone, i am new to WoW and i already created account on Emerald Dream server. any guide or help or i just play till i reach level to be able to join your group?

Board footer