LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#176 April 14 2012

jadz

Re: World of Warcraft - Game Thread

beta and the normal wow client is not the same

#177 April 14 2012

Elie(>>)(-_-)

of course they are not the same but doesn't he download it like the other expansions? jad btw if you use the disc of a new expansion and install it you don't have to download the big expansion of the internet right?

#178 May 2 2012

zheavy
Banned

anyone know if there's a retail store in lebanon that sells the entire novel series not just the wow ones but the old warcraft books as well?

#179 May 3 2012

jadz

Elie(>>)(-_-) wrote:

of course they are not the same but doesn't he download it like the other expansions? jad btw if you use the disc of a new expansion and install it u don't have to download the big expansion of the internet right?

I don't know if there's any network cafe that downloads the beta unless he plays it himself, because really few Lebanese play on Beta.

and as far as i know you wont need to download if you have the cds of the expansion but, usually before the expansion is released there is a pre-expansion patch, usually big and has major changes and content about the next expansion, like what happened in Cataclysm, Azeroth has changed and shattered including classes spells and talents before the Cataclysm was officially released so player could start to get used to the new game content, if you know what i mean.

#180 May 16 2012

Elie(>>)(-_-)

Zheavy. all i know about the stories is that in every package you buy classic wow or expansion set there is a story in the game manual depends on the expansion or set you bought it's pretty good actually . plus im a fan of wow since warcraft 3 so i knew about the old stories from wowwiki in reading about the characters like the history of the lich king that he was once an orc etc... hope that might help .

#181 July 7 2012

zheavy
Banned

Elie(>>)(-_-) wrote:

Zheavy. all i know about the stories is that in every package you buy classic wow or expansion set there is a story in the game manual depends on the expansion or set you bought it's pretty good actually . plus im a fan of wow since warcraft 3 so i knew about the old stories from wowwiki in reading about the characters like the history of the lich king that he was once an orc etc... hope that might help .

i bought digital copies of the game, except for cataclysm, and there's like 3 pages of lore in there about it. i'm actually asking about the novel series since the warcraft age till the upcoming releases in the future, sorry for late answer, i just found someone answering this, and i'm still looking for more answers please.

#182 July 21 2012

d3ad

so after the disappointing time i have been having with D3, I was wondering if its worth to renew subscription of my WOW cata account??

would highly appreciate any active players feedback.

#183 July 26 2012

Earthmaster

You should renew it in like 1 month from now since MOP release date is set to 25/9/2012 so you play 1 month before release to get back in game and get used to changes and then you try MOP after a month.

#184 August 3 2012

maulader

Hello, i have a question about WoW payment methods. So far i have been using PC and Parts to get game cards, but i'm currently planning to do a realm transfer and for that i should have a credit card to pay online. I never use online payments, i have once went to "credit libanais" bank and bought what they called an internet card because they said our normal credit cards do not work online here in lebanon. Apologies if i am wrong, i don't know about this stuff. When i have bought this card in the past, i had some trouble purchasing online because the money got stuck and was never received by the receiving company which led to my account being banned, but that was a totally different game, and not a blizzard game, i had contacted visa and the company and my bank, and the only solution was to wait 2 months for the money to come back to my card and to un-ban my account, i had to transfer the money through a bank transfer, so basically it is was all a complicated and frustrating procedure.

At the moment, i want to do a realm transfer and pre-purchase the game from blizzard, and maybe as well get some game time, but the payment to europe servers is in Euros which is not at stable rates with the dollar currency, i did the math and i can buy a realm transfer, mists of pandaria, 6month subscription for: 34.99+20+65.94 euros, which at current rates will cost 149$, and credit libanais offers internet cards of 150$, but problem is i cannot guarantee the stability of the rates by the time that i get an internet card. And even if i do get an internet card, how can i be sure i will not face the same problem with blizzard and my wow account being banned such as i have before with my previous experience.

Sorry for long post, i am a bit frustrated and do not know what to do here, i am in dire need of doing a realm transfer and a pre-order of the game, and cannot put too much money and time into this process, i am aiming for some hardcore raiding in the new expansion, so i want everything to be ready way before then. What should i do lebgeeks community?

Last edited by maulader (August 3 2012)

#185 August 3 2012

redbyte

Hello,

Allow me to suggest what I think is your best option:

http://blomretail.com/Retail/BLOM-Visa-Mini-Card

You should get the card above. This is a prepaid debit card from BLOM bank. This card is issued to anyone, and you basically go in to a branch, deposit any amount from $25 to $500 and you can use this money as you please including online. This will work with blizzard and any other online service that accepts Visa. Therefore, you will be able to put the exact amount you need instantly into the account and use it on the spot in order to check the exchange rate fluctuations of the day.

Hope I helped

Last edited by redbyte (August 3 2012)

#186 August 4 2012

maulader

redbyte wrote:

Hello,

Allow me to suggest what I think is your best option:

http://blomretail.com/Retail/BLOM-Visa-Mini-Card

You should get the card above. This is a prepaid debit card from BLOM bank. This card is issued to anyone, and you basically go in to a branch, deposit any amount from $25 to $500 and you can use this money as you please including online. This will work with blizzard and any other online service that accepts Visa. Therefore, you will be able to put the exact amount you need instantly into the account and use it on the spot in order to check the exchange rate fluctuations of the day.

Hope I helped

Thanks a lot for the fast response, this card is far more efficient then the one i was planning to get, and i can start off with small with amounts

#187 August 16 2012

xterm

#188 August 16 2012

jadz

It's nice

#189 August 16 2012

john

Keep thinking of Kung fu panda when i watch it.
Anyway cant wait to see how it will be ingame.

#190 August 17 2012

Ruroken

John, had similar reaction. Kung fu panda all the way. How ugly and silly is this trailer compared to the likes of WOTLK and BC. Damnit, it pisses me off.

#191 August 21 2012

Lebscream

Hello guys i need Good VGA for world of Warcraft i have i7 12gb rams VGA Geo force GT430 i have 30 - 35 fps, my old inno3d had 70fps but got damage and it so expensive to buy another one any idea ? about good VGA?

#192 August 22 2012

Badieh

The beauty of World of Warcraft is that it doesn't require a strong expensive VGA to run it smoothly. I'm not sure what is exactly your budget, but a GTX 560 ti should cut it.

Please check this Source

#193 August 22 2012

Lebscream

Badieh wrote:

The beauty of World of Warcraft is that it doesn't require a strong expensive VGA to run it smoothly. I'm not sure what is exactly your budget, but a GTX 560 ti should cut it.

Please check this Source

arround 100 150$ just need something that can give 60 70 fps or more :)

#194 August 22 2012

Badieh

GTX 550 ti is around 160$ at Pcandparts and runs Cataclysm on Ultra 1280x1024 with an average fps of 69.

This is the source Check it out :)

PS: I'm not saying this might be the optimal price vs value compared to the rest, I'm just giving you options :)

#195 August 30 2012

DG

Has anyone been able to download and login to Mists of Pandaria's release ? It was all going fine and I was at 19GB out of 21GB two days ago... then yesterday the patch hits and I got the following errors in order:

Error 1: Failed to connected to tracker.

Error 2: After finding a solution for error 1 on google my Launcher started optimzing the files and I keep getting the following error message "cannot open a required file, turn off you anti virus..."

I did turn it off... tried all the solutions on the web and I still cannot get rid of that error !

So if anyone has a working copy of the game (with the latest update) let me know please. We can meet and I can copy it if possible.

#196 September 4 2012

DG

So no one has a copy of the updated game guys ?

#197 September 11 2012

Tarik

Just had my update done. The game is now 25 GB. If you still need it DG you can get a copy from me; I live in Tripoli however not sure if it's worth the trip for you.

Anyways anyone going back to wow for MoP? I'm using the 7 days free game time promotion atm, I think I might actually buy it the class changes seems really good the only thing I disliked is the concept of a monk ... slapping people to death doesn't amuse me. Seems I'm gonna play my hunter since they need one in my guild. God they added so many cooldowns I think I ran out of hotkeys.

#198 January 7 2013

DG

Guys has anyone here used his sister or brother's credit card to renew his subscription ?

I usually use mine.. but I forgot to recharge/refill it so now I have to wait 2 days for the transaction to take place and for my card to get credited.

I am thinking of using my brother's card to renew my subscription only for this month. Then I can cancel it in 30 days and use my card again. Will Blizzard ban me thinking it's account fraud ?

Last edited by DG (January 7 2013)

#199 January 7 2013

xterm

DG wrote:

Will Blizzard ban me thinking it's account fraud ?

No, they don't care where the money comes from.

#200 January 7 2013

DG

Great. Thanks.

Board footer