LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#126 January 28 2011

Joe

Re: World of Warcraft - Game Thread

Hello,

In case you don't already know, we're working on building a Wiki for LebGeeks. Our goal is to provide an answer to recurrent questions like these.

We're looking for people interested in writing articles about playing WoW in Lebanon. What connection to get, ISP comparison, Latency issues, best servers, where to get the patches/extensions from, ... stuff like that.

If you're interested, send me a private message :^D

#127 January 28 2011

Josenad

Devaz wrote:

ok Even though we have discusses this many many times before ;) :
1-Best Internet connection for Gaming  , Ogero ( Sodetel Gaming package is also Viable )
2-Software to use to enhance Latency  : Leatrix Latency Fix
3- WoW consumption is VERY minimal compared to others  , like if you play 4 hours i THINK it's something like 60mb  . Not Sure 
4- ISPs right now are all having their problems ( don't ask me why cause it's all rumours atm )
5-If you play on US you're latency should be 200-300  , if you play on EU 120 to 220 .

Hope Everything's Cleared Out and Good Luck  :)

euro on my connection 120-220 ?? That's great, if not... is my connection good enough for leveling in my first month ?

#128 January 28 2011

Devaz

ok i was afraid you'd ask that which is why i didn't mention it , I just think that if you don't mind the "Delay" then you should be fine  , + if you did it in the previous Vanilla/expansions you shouldn't have any trouble , There isn't Anything "Really" Different  So you should Be fine  :)

and yes i have Ogero  , With the Leatrix Latency Fix  , My latency to WoW servers is 120-220 depending on where i am . ( Again I am talking About EU Here  ) And btw Leatrix is an all out RegFix  so it doesn t just help WoW it helps with Online gaming in General  , i have 120 Ms to HoN and LoL Servers .

It's Been said that Leatrix Might Reduce your Download speed but i can tell you that hasn't Happened to me  , Don't Even know anyone who complained about it

#129 January 30 2011

Josenad

Thank you Devaz you've been of such great help. i'll get the leatrix fix then, and hope for the best... if it didn't do it, i'll probaby upgrade my IDM account to 512kb ... but i have a good feelin abt it :) thanks again you guys... at last all my questions have been answered.

#130 January 30 2011

Addict
Banned

hello but what does latency do

#131 January 30 2011

Devaz

Latency is the Time It takes a message/object/item/Whatever To get From Point A to Point B  , The less the latency is the better since it will take less time for the Command to arrive  , and the higher latency the More Lag or Delay you'll have .

And Josenad  ,Anytime  :) Glad i could Help

#132 January 30 2011

vengeance666

Addict wrote:

hello but what does latency do

to make it simple , if you press one to cast greater heal for example , if latency is somehow 150-300ms , the cast bar will appear fast and you can play without problems , if not the latency is 600ms+ you will notice a delay between the moments when you press the button to cast greater heal and when the cast bar appears and the spell is casted , the more the latency is higher the bigger the delay , and of course when latency reaches a really high number 1.2k+ for example , the delay becomes really annoying and the game is simply unplayable , you might also encouter spikes here where everything freezes for a matter of second and then works again wich usually leads to a disconnect and a huge wipe in icecrown citadel when lich king is on 13%  of course im VISP user so i've seen all this :)

#133 January 30 2011

Addict
Banned

Ok thanks for both(vengeance666)and(Devaz).

Last edited by Addict (January 30 2011)

#134 February 10 2011

Badieh

Oh God.... latency.... I read what you guys wrote, and I'm going to try Leatrix hopefully today after work. I play on US servers and my latency is 500-600 at its best. I don't really have problems until 40+ people all blowing their cool-downs in one place. That's when I disconnect.

I have Cyberia ADSL 512, I wanted to switch to Ogero, but staying half a month without internet just to wait for a switch over is not an option .... I'll die from boredom

Seeing that there are quite a few here who play on US servers, I say we should all gather up and start our own guild hehe. I know there are a few Lebanese/Arabs that play on Dalaran Realm, but that's about it.

#135 February 11 2011

Badieh

I tried Leatrix, and OMG!!!!! My latency went down to 300-400, I love it. At first WoW took a little longer to load, but later on worked perfectly. Thanks.

Just a note on the Leatrix, it is a VB script, so running the "install.vb" script might generate an error. To solve that you need to run "regsvr32 VBScript" or if you were running vista, run command prompt as Administrator, and try it. Cheers.

#136 February 28 2011

exiztenz

Guys anyone can give me the Folder files of WOW (with cataclysm) or the installation files of cataclysm

I have the installation files of first 3 DVDs so either way would be helpful! i have the Keys but not the game files! and im not gonna download 9 GB!

Thanks guys for your help

#137 March 1 2011

Badieh

exiztenz wrote:

Guys anyone can give me the Folder files of WOW (with cataclysm) or the installation files of cataclysm

I have the installation files of first 3 DVDs so either way would be helpful! i have the Keys but not the game files! and im not gonna download 9 GB!

US or Eu ?

#138 March 1 2011

exiztenz

Badieh wrote:
exiztenz wrote:

US or Eu ?

EU
Just checked the installation files and they are of the US version so they're useless!

Guess now I need the installation files of the 4 EU dvds  or game folder

Last edited by exiztenz (March 1 2011)

#139 March 2 2011

Firas

I learned a trick in some cafe when i was in Dubai, you can switch to US or EU servers just by a single trick, the game will still be the same only the server list will change, as far as i remember you just change the wtf.log to US from EU and the servers will be US, and vice versa

edit: here is the trick

You need to change your realmlist (if you have a EU verson of wow)
If you have a EU verson of wow and want to play on US servers go to your world of warcraft folder.
World of Warcraft\Data\enUS
In the enUS folder find realmlist.wtf and open it with notepad or wordpad. Then change all of it to
set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

Last edited by Firas (March 2 2011)

#140 March 2 2011

Badieh

Firas wrote:

I learned a trick in some cafe when i was in Dubai, you can switch to US or EU servers just by a single trick, the game will still be the same only the server list will change, as far as i remember you just change the wtf.log to US from EU and the servers will be US, and vice versa

edit: here is the trick

You need to change your realmlist (if you have a EU verson of wow)
If you have a EU verson of wow and want to play on US servers go to your world of warcraft folder.
World of Warcraft\Data\enUS
In the enUS folder find realmlist.wtf and open it with notepad or wordpad. Then change all of it to
set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com
set patchlist us.version.worldofwarcraft.com
set realmlistbn ""
set portal us

I used to do this when i had EU client but US account. But i think you need to keep the patchlist as the original otherwise it wont work. At some point in time, the US will end up with different patch number than EU. However, doing this is a very bad idea especially when they release a new patch, you might need to wait one day since US patch days are Tuesdays where EU are Wednesdays. If you try to force the update by changing the folder name from enUS to enEU, you might end up damaging the whole game folder.

At some point in time, I had my WoW folder totally damaged, so what i did was I went searching for an internet cafe that had WoW installed, and took the whole US game folder patched and ready for 50,000LL.

Last edited by Badieh (March 2 2011)

#141 March 2 2011

vengeance666

changing WTF file ? that's old news mate i used it to play on some private servers before i join EU , it's actually the only way to play on private servers ..

i got the US version of the game with the "WTF stuff" of EU , including patch list and i never got any problems so far , in fact if you leave the patchlist as US and you play on EU servers , patch will be downloaded about a week before EU ( since US gets their patches 1 week before EU ) and you won't be able to join EU servers for a whole week until EU servers are updated to the newest patch..

#142 March 2 2011

DG

The Go Guy Story (a funny WoW video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhjnuMql1aU

WoW Cataclysm Heroics Are Hard (another funny WoW video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfxPZZ6f … ure=relmfu

Enjoy !

Last edited by DG (March 2 2011)

#143 March 2 2011

justin

guys anyone close to beirut would give me a clean copy of wow ?

#144 March 2 2011

justin

or does anyone knows where can i buy a good copy with a fair price from ?

#145 March 2 2011

exiztenz

Guys that doesnt help me now, when Badieh asked me about the version, I deleted the installation files of the first 3 games, since I thought that having the US version I couldnt play the EU one and now I need someone to give me the folder files, or the installation folders of the 4 games :S

#146 March 3 2011

Badieh

Exiztenz, if you going to get the game from someone, might as well take the whole file patched and ready . I have the US version. The first time i bought the WoW DVDs from Nino, they were Eu client, if you know where he is, might be your best bet :).

vengeance666 wrote:

i got the US version of the game with the "WTF stuff" of EU , including patch list and i never got any problems so far , in fact if you leave the patchlist as US and you play on EU servers , patch will be downloaded about a week before EU ( since US gets their patches 1 week before EU ) and you won't be able to join EU servers for a whole week until EU servers are updated to the newest patch..

Are you sure about that Vengeance? I used to have the EU client, and I had the WTF info changed to US except the patchlist. When a patch used to be released, even if I changed the WTF patchlist to US, it wont update until Wednesday, or through forcing it by changing the enEU file name to enUS, which at the end damaged the whole thing. But I guess your case was easier to go through since US patches comes out before EU.

#147 March 3 2011

vengeance666

you got it all wrong (i guess i'm kind of sleepy right now  ).. i play EU servers with US version of the game and EU patchlist inside WTF folder , i never had any problems but i saw some complaints on official forums about people who play EU with US version and left US patchlist list about the problem i mentioned earlier , the 1 week earlier patch etcc

#148 March 4 2011

Badieh

hehe i understood you, im just telling you how it happened my side

#149 March 4 2011

Lebscream

justin wrote:

guys anyone close to beirut would give me a clean copy of wow ?

I can give you clean EU WoW copy i live in beirut :)

#150 May 6 2011

vengeance666

sorry for bumping this old thread , but i want to ask my fellow WoW players if anyone has knowledge of any ALLIANCE guild with lebanese people in it on any EU server , please let me know..

Last edited by vengeance666 (May 6 2011)

Board footer