LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 December 30 2010

charbel.corbani
Banned

Re: World of Warcraft - Game Thread

anyone living near broumana have the whole game

#102 January 3 2011

joujou

opening a prviate server soon :)

#103 January 3 2011

vengeance666

joujou wrote:

opening a prviate server soon :)

private server ? who the hell want to play on a private server ? private servers come with a low amount of players and a lots of bugs ( i used to play on VISP ) , pvp can't be real pvp since low number of players and usually most of them belong to one side ( horde side as i remember on VISP , 5 hordes for 2 alliances ) , and number of players can't be even close to form a decent raid , or join a random HC , not to mention big battles like wintergrasp or tol barad , or alterac valley where there must be 40 hordes vs 40 alliances , game mechanims aren't the same as for making gold , selling , buying , using the auction house , putting a GM will be a disaster because since he is not paid for his job he will begin helping some with gold and items making the game imbalanced etc i can go like this till morning...

bad idea bro trust me

Last edited by vengeance666 (January 3 2011)

#104 January 4 2011

charbel.corbani
Banned

not really i tried many private server with plenty of player and sometimes even too much
its not same as official and some gm will begin helping some with gold and items making the game imbalanced
but many servers ban theses GMs anyway it is still good place u just need to find a good server

#105 January 4 2011

vengeance666

charbel.corbani wrote:

not really i tried many private server with plenty of player and sometimes even too much
its not same as official and some gm will begin helping some with gold and items making the game imbalanced
but many servers ban theses GMs anyway it is still good place u just need to find a good server

many servers ban these GMs ? GMs are the server owner friends or the server owner himself ! he will ban himself ??!! wow..!! second biggest private server in the world reaches like 100-200 players online in average , opposing to several alot more and alot more i'm talking a thousand on officials ( at least my server it's a very populated one ) , whatever point you are trying to make , or any server maker is trying to make :

THE FUN PLAYING WORLD OF WARCRAFT IS NOT EVEN COMPARABLE BETWEEN OFFICIALS AND PRIVATE EMULATED SERVERS !! YOU WANT TO PLAY REAL WOW ? JOIN OFFICIALS OR DON'T EVEN BOTHER THINKING ABOUT TRYING OUT THIS GAME

and i've tried many private servers , worldofopportunities is world ranked between the top 5 , VISP and many others , some are blizzlike and some are instant 80's , there's not even a ressemblance to what WoW is really is on the officials..

Last edited by vengeance666 (January 4 2011)

#106 January 4 2011

charbel.corbani
Banned

i never said it was better then the official but it is still pretty good some that i played on had 2000 players online in average with friendly GMs and players so it was fun for me

#107 January 4 2011

vengeance666

charbel.corbani wrote:

i never said it was better then the official but it is still pretty good some that i played on had 2000 players online in average with friendly GMs and players so it was fun for me

2000 ?? largest private server hold about 300 , are you even reading what im saying ??? nevermind :\

#108 January 4 2011

charbel.corbani
Banned

no way im sure of it i just cheked a server and it have on right now 1600 players and if u don't believe me ill give u the name so u can check it out yourself

#109 January 4 2011

Raficoo

vengeance666 wrote:

private servers come with a low amount of players

vengeance666 wrote:

second biggest private server in the world reaches like 100-200 players online in average , opposing to several alot more and alot more i'm talking a thousand on officials

vengeance666 wrote:

2000 ?? largest private server hold about 300 , are you even reading what im saying ??? nevermind :\

Take it easy bro, you might wanna recheck your statistical facts first, there are a couple of servers with thousands of players in them. For instance, here's one of the top rated servers https://www.molten-wow.com/
They have a capacity of 15,500 players and sometimes during holidays(or even normal days) there are always people in queue waiting to get in some servers. In the past I've played plenty of MMORPG games in private servers and sometimes they can be more fun than official servers.

vengeance666 wrote:

THE FUN PLAYING WORLD OF WARCRAFT IS NOT EVEN COMPARABLE BETWEEN OFFICIALS AND PRIVATE EMULATED SERVERS !! YOU WANT TO PLAY REAL WOW ? JOIN OFFICIALS OR DON'T EVEN BOTHER THINKING ABOUT TRYING OUT THIS GAME

vengeance666 wrote:

bad idea bro trust me

Why the disencouragement?
Not everyone should be aimed to be attracted only to official servers of the game just because "It's The Main Server". Some people don't like to level up slow, some people can't pay to buy the game and every month for subscription to play the game(one of the main reasons why people choose private over official in WoW), and some people might like a different style of play in others.

Also, who said that if you host a private server it can't work out. I mean, sure private servers can't host the newly released cataclysm(though one day it will be possible), but 3.3.5a ain't bad when you got these amounts of people and gameplay. Officials take both Subscription and premium items as a form of payment. in Private, it's donations for payment, which leads to premium items.

#110 January 4 2011

charbel.corbani
Banned

yeah thats what iv been trying to say but cata will soon work on private servers too i know a couple started and will lauch next month

#111 January 4 2011

vengeance666

Raficoo wrote:
vengeance666 wrote:

private servers come with a low amount of players

vengeance666 wrote:

second biggest private server in the world reaches like 100-200 players online in average , opposing to several alot more and alot more i'm talking a thousand on officials

vengeance666 wrote:

Take it easy bro, you might wanna recheck your statistical facts first, there are a couple of servers with thousands of players in them. For instance, here's one of the top rated servers https://www.molten-wow.com/
They have a capacity of 15,500 players and sometimes during holidays(or even normal days) there are always people in queue waiting to get in some servers. In the past I've played plenty of MMORPG games in private servers and sometimes they can be more fun than official servers.

vengeance666 wrote:

vengeance666 wrote:

bad idea bro trust me

Why the disencouragement?
Not everyone should be aimed to be attracted only to official servers of the game just because "It's The Main Server". Some people don't like to level up slow, some people can't pay to buy the game and every month for subscription to play the game(one of the main reasons why people choose private over official in WoW), and some people might like a different style of play in others.

Also, who said that if you host a private server it can't work out. I mean, sure private servers can't host the newly released cataclysm(though one day it will be possible), but 3.3.5a ain't bad when you got these amounts of people and gameplay. Officials take both Subscription and premium items as a form of payment. in Private, it's donations for payment, which leads to premium items.

you got a point but , i didn't say they litteraly suck and you can't play there , sure you can ! i played more than a year on privates , i got sick of the bugs and the things missing in my gamelay experience so what the heck i went to officials with some friends to try it out , and i got suprised , i regretted my every single moment on these privates , i can't really explain why but it's just not the same game ! same graphics but different content and experience, that's what i was trying to prove , something really amazing and completly different.

Last edited by vengeance666 (January 4 2011)

#112 January 4 2011

Devaz

2 Major Differences between Official and Private Servers :
1-Official are Scripted , Private aren't , That means mobs bosses , basically all MobAI only knows how to do one thing and one thing only Auto Attack .
2- This is by far the most influential  and major difference  , the Inter-Realm structure , AKA battlegroups , not only can blizz servers hold more people  , but they link those servers into battlegroups allowing for less Queuing time and overall less waiting and more playing  ( and yes i do realise that doesn t exactly mean that Server A person and Server B person are in the same server  , but they CAN fight eachother in bgs or team up in dungeons )
other differences are just the usual  , easy hacking private servers  , the GM powers  , the OP items  , Buying EPIX ! off mobs for 1g  yeah  basically the usual .

#113 January 4 2011

vengeance666

Devaz wrote:

2 Major Differences between Official and Private Servers :
1-Official are Scripted , Private aren't , That means mobs bosses , basically all MobAI only knows how to do one thing and one thing only Auto Attack .
2- This is by far the most influential  and major difference  , the Inter-Realm structure , AKA battlegroups , not only can blizz servers hold more people  , but they link those servers into battlegroups allowing for less Queuing time and overall less waiting and more playing  ( and yes i do realise that doesn t exactly mean that Server A person and Server B person are in the same server  , but they CAN fight eachother in bgs or team up in dungeons )
other differences are just the usual  , easy hacking private servers  , the GM powers  , the OP items  , Buying EPIX ! off mobs for 1g  yeah  basically the usual .

exactly , anyway "the creators" of the game will give you a better experience and more fun since you actually pay them , kell chi b7a2o ...

#114 January 5 2011

Jingles
Banned

vengeance666 you write alot ...how much do u stay online. and another thing im in the middle of questions for ogero internet .is it limited or unlimited and if its unlimited how much gb and th bill and if i have to keep buying cards like sodetel or telephone bill or i finish it and i have to refuel it manually or will it refill itself automatically...

#115 January 5 2011

vengeance666

Jingles wrote:

vengeance666 you write alot ...how much do u stay online. and another thing im in the middle of questions for ogero internet .is it limited or unlimited and if its unlimited how much gb and th bill and if i have to keep buying cards like sodetel or telephone bill or i finish it and i have to refuel it manually or will it refill itself automatically...

well i like to be helpfull , let me tell you the story of my life : i wake up at 2 pm the afternoon each day , stay online until 4:30 , then i leave the house to hang out and return home at 11:30 1 am and stay online until like 5 6 in the morning  and about your question it can be unlimited or limited and i think you get to choose whether how you recharge

#116 January 5 2011

joujou

cata will be soon out on private with cactusemu

#117 January 5 2011

joujou

one thing about cata ..... it sucks

#118 January 6 2011

Jingles
Banned

thank u vengeance666 but whats with the story..dont u work..cause it seems like its just hanging out.

#119 January 6 2011

vengeance666

Jingles wrote:

thank u vengeance666 but whats with the story..dont u work..cause it seems like its just hanging out.

nope i'm a spoiled kid  kidding im a 3rd year managment student in USEK zahle but somehow for some reasons i missed this semester so im relaxing till 14th of february at home  i hope this cleared for everyone why i have time to write alot ...

now enough with my personal life you sound like my mom  back to topic

#120 January 9 2011

Addict
Banned

Hey i do not know how to post a new forum if anybody can message me about that...
But im here to ask about turning from a us server to a eu... if i have the us cd,can i just install that and buy a  eu cdkey online or is it best if i buy it from pc and parts?

Last edited by Addict (January 11 2011)

#121 January 24 2011

Firas

vengeance666 wrote:

kab-elias , bekaa near zahle if someone wants the whole game , i have it fully patched and working !

<-- chtura, drive a black C43 AMG, i go a lot to kab-elias

#122 January 24 2011

Lebscream

Addict wrote:

Hey i do not know how to post a new forum if anybody can message me about that...
But im here to ask about turning from a us server to a eu... if i have the us cd,can i just install that and buy a  eu cdkey online or is it best if i buy it from pc and parts?

you can do this... but you wont see the EU update and time of restart, so try to get full EU version ..

#123 January 24 2011

vengeance666

Firas wrote:
vengeance666 wrote:

kab-elias , bekaa near zahle if someone wants the whole game , i have it fully patched and working !

<-- chtura, drive a black C43 AMG, i go a lot to kab-elias

why the hell anyone want to come here

#124 January 28 2011

Josenad

Hey you guys ... This is related to WoW that's why i'm posting this here.
I spent 2 months searching to find the best internet connection, i picked IDM, took them 5 weeks to come. I took the 256 package just for trial, and somehow from the day i registered till now (month and a half) the highest download speed i got to is 20.9 kb/s which is fucked up. I'm worried when it comes to playing WoW since i'll be starting to play again next week (haven't played in abt about 2 years). Does IDM really suck? Should i upgrade my package? leave them ? or just get the IP fix and all my problems would be solved?
I don't download that much ... by the end of the month 200-300 mb remain from a 3gb quota ... What to do??

I asked the same question on several other topics, no clear answer has been provided. So i figured why not do it here since there's so many posts and subscribed personnel, please help i'd appreciate it, i don't want my WoW experience to suck balls. Thank you in Advance.

#125 January 28 2011

Devaz

ok Even though we have discusses this many many times before ;) :
1-Best Internet connection for Gaming  , Ogero ( Sodetel Gaming package is also Viable )
2-Software to use to enhance Latency  : Leatrix Latency Fix
3- WoW consumption is VERY minimal compared to others  , like if you play 4 hours i THINK it's something like 60mb  . Not Sure 
4- ISPs right now are all having their problems ( don't ask me why cause it's all rumours atm )
5-If you play on US you're latency should be 200-300  , if you play on EU 120 to 220 .

Hope Everything's Cleared Out and Good Luck  :)

Board footer