LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#276 August 1 2016

Totoro

Re: World of Warcraft - Game Thread

I'm loving the new animations especially with melee. You actually feel like you're hitting your target compared to the previous 10 years with Lebanese lag syndrome where you had to walk in front of your enemy to be able to actually hit him. Melee classes and Lebanese ping aren't fond of each other.
I might not come back immediately during the expansion launch due to irl things I need to take care of. But Legion definitely looks promising, compared to WoD and MoP combined.
Fingers crossed.

#277 August 1 2016

xterm

Totoro wrote:

I'm loving the new animations especially with melee. You actually feel like you're hitting your target compared to the previous 10 years with Lebanese lag syndrome where you had to walk in front of your enemy to be able to actually hit him. Melee classes and Lebanese ping aren't fond of each other.
I might not come back immediately during the expansion launch due to irl things I need to take care of. But Legion definitely looks promising, compared to WoD and MoP combined.
Fingers crossed.

I wish i shared your enthusiasm. Yes, there are a few improvements that I enjoyed in Beta (some of which made it recently onto live) but I don't feel that excited any more. For the past 3 months I've been trying to decide which character to main as in Legion, but haven't been able to decide and despite DH's being an amalgamation of Rogues/Warriors and are merely rebranded Monks, I may end up going for a Vengeance Demon Hunter.

#278 August 9 2016

Totoro

After watching Legion, that sounds like a plan honestly. I think I'll be playing my Holy Paladin (which is great with DH's in arena) on Alliance and my Shadow Priest on Horde.
I absolutely love the changes they did to SP's, still getting used to my H Paladin changes since I need to be hugging someone's face to be able to heal them properly.

The animations are very cool too. After 10 years of small improvements with animations this was a pretty big one. I feel more like a Holy Paladin now and a lot more like a Warrior too. They made the game a lot more class specific too.

If you're a PvPer I suggest you just reroll an Affliction Warlock because they're just destroying everything right now and won't be nerfed much in Legion.

I might PvE seriously again because of all the memories I had in TBC (basically just green stuff everywhere lol).
If you are too, let me know! :)

#279 August 9 2016

rtwo2008

Totoro wrote:

If you're a PvPer I suggest you just reroll an Affliction Warlock because they're just destroying everything right now and won't be nerfed much in Legion.

I'm playing a warlock and I second that. However, although Affliction warlock is very good and even a beginner can do well with it, it still has a limit.
The warlock spec which is still hush hush is Destruction, hard to master, but once you do, the ceiling is much higher than affliction.
http://imgur.com/a/RSyIm

#280 August 9 2016

Totoro

rtwo2008 wrote:

I'm playing a warlock and I second that. However, although Affliction warlock is very good and even a beginner can do well with it, it still has a limit.
The warlock spec which is still hush hush is Destruction, hard to master, but once you do, the ceiling is much higher than affliction.
http://imgur.com/a/RSyIm

It is insane in RBGs, especially if you spec Chaos bolt haste for two back to back bolts to the face. I have CS-bolt syndrome because of that ^^.

I'm playing Alliance on Ravencrest and Horde on Kazzak btw.

#281 August 9 2016

rtwo2008

Horde and Alliance on Ragnaros. I used to be on Kazzak with Showdown, but got rid of the accounts maybe 6 years ago or more.
Feral druid is ridiculously good too, but I don't like highly complicated classes with alot of buttons, it makes you less aware of your surroundings and the overall progression of the current battle you are engaged in (of course we are not talking about 1vs1 or arena, but of large battles 5+ players on each side).

Last edited by rtwo2008 (August 9 2016)

#282 August 9 2016

Totoro

Yeah druids are probably the class with the most buttons to click. I just really dislike them, especially when I play my Shadow Priest. I actually hate all melee on my face when I'm on my SP.

It's like in any fight against them, all you can hope for is that the other player's a complete idiot and doesn't know how to interrupt/cc or shape shift. If he is capable of any of the those there's no way you can win a duel.

#283 August 9 2016

rtwo2008

Totoro wrote:

Yeah druids are probably the class with the most buttons to click. I just really dislike them, especially when I play my Shadow Priest. I actually hate all melee on my face when I'm on my SP.

It's like in any fight against them, all you can hope for is that the other player's a complete idiot and doesn't know how to interrupt/cc or shape shift. If he is capable of any of the those there's no way you can win a duel.

Exactly. Against an elite Feral Druid, no escape.

If you try to play melee, you will notice the disadvantages of melee. On my destruction warlock, I just stick to them and just go in and out  through them and jump so they keep getting the "you are not facing the target" notification while i spam instant spells (destro warlock has alot of them), after that the odds become 50/50.

#284 August 9 2016

Totoro

Yeah I tend to do the same regarding jumping. But I guess I really got used to my mage's spells that whenever I play another class I get angry for not immobilizing anyone hugging my face and keeping a safe distance.

I mean melee players kind of make me feel sad... They're constantly in need of hugging something and just running around it, I feel like all they need is a little bit of love..

#285 August 9 2016

rtwo2008

Totoro wrote:

Yeah I tend to do the same regarding jumping. But I guess I really got used to my mage's spells that whenever I play another class I get angry for not immobilizing anyone hugging my face and keeping a safe distance.

I mean melee players kind of make me feel sad... They're constantly in need of hugging something and just running around it, I feel like all they need is a little bit of love..

No love, they have their roots, slows, stuns, and AOE cleaves. It's enough.

#286 August 9 2016

MohZz

Hello :)

I decided to start playing WoW! ... (I know I'm too early! Kappa)

I've been a big fan Warcraft games since Warcraft 1 throught Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne, and WoW lore is very interesting to me and I like it pretty much. But I've never been into the MMORPG genre.

But the time has come!
(Especially after reading that Legion has high expectations to fix and bring back the enjoyable old WoW, which I never played ;( )

So, I need you my LebGeeks ... I need your advice.

What should I start with?
Faction? Race? Class?
Suggestions?

I've already started downloading the game (which apparently going to take forever ._. )

On a side note;
I tried out Guild Wards 2 and it looks very interesting. Anyone plays that game?
I experience some crashes when entering some areas, anyone else has that issue? (I thought I might ask ^_^ )
I hope it doesn't require me to re-download that game again ... FeelsBadMan

Any replies/suggestions are much appreciated. :)

#287 August 9 2016

rtwo2008

Congratulations, say goodbye to your friends; but np you will acquire new ones.

Faction is basically your preferred choice, I suggest you make 2 characters one in each faction to try both types of lore and music and capital cities and feeling. There is no downtime in switching characters of different factions on the same server.
Race depends on the class or your personal taste, i.e. what makes you feel heroic. For example I wouldn't choose Goblin even if he's tiny (good for PVP to hide behind things and harder to click on).
Class: I suggest your first character to be a ranged DPS (mage), your second character a melee (warrior).

I played Guild Wars 2 for 4 months. At first it is awesome (like everything in life), then the repetition kicks in but surrounded with lore that you couldn't give a damn about. In Wow when it gets repetitive and boring, at least the lore and overrall look and feel are interesting.
Combat is semi shitty in both games, not that much more skills required in GW2 as being advertised. If anything, it becomes a chore, work, tedious after a while, annoying.

Last edited by rtwo2008 (August 9 2016)

#288 August 9 2016

MohZz

Thanks for the reply @rtwo2008 ^_^

I'm already familiar with the MMORPG system abit (yeah kinda did my homework ;p )

But what I was asking for is abit more in-depth details which class to pick and why?
For example; for the PvE experience which Race/Class/Builds ... etc for PvP .. and so on.

And yeah, I agree. The lores are in-comparable between GW2 and WoW. (Maybe because I'm a WoW lore fan)
But what was interesting was the gameplay being abit different from classical MMORPG's and the ability to dodge.

So yeah, thanks for your reply ;)

I hope I could get some answers for my questions before the Legion hits in :)

#289 August 9 2016

The313

-In terms of Race, choose what ever you think it's interesting lorewise since you are into the lore, cause unless you are pushing for rank 1 in PvE then the difference is very very minimal. And it's important that you choose a race you can look at for hours and hours.
In PvP, Blizzard have removed all racial abilities but I think the alliance are better at this now (not sure tho).

-In terms of class, 1st think what kind of game style do you like, Tank,Melee dps, Range dps or Healer, and then choose the class that fits the role and if lore wise you are interested in a certain class then go for it, cause tbh every single class is viable and class fantasy is the new expansion main theme

-One important thing to know before you start all that is to choose the correct Realm to play on, cause you don't wanna play on a dead realm nor do you wanna play as Horde on an Alliance dominated Realm nor Alliance on a Horde dominated realm.
here is a Link for a Website that show realm populations: https://realmpop.com/eu.html   
And if u have friends that play WoW make sure you pick there Realm.

- I would like to add one more important thing,
When you buy the new expansion, you will get a lvl 100 Boost for one character, I ,Highly, Highly advise you not to use it until you reached lvl cap on your 1st character, and even then if you don't feel like using it then don't feel compelled to do so. I can not tell you how much time ppl did that and then went to the forums and said that they regretted that, I only used mine on my 11th character...

Overall take your time slowly with the game, don't rush it, and enjoy every moment of it, and finally Welcome to the family!!

#290 August 9 2016

MohZz

Hai The313

Thanks for the reply, it actually helped ^_^

-As for the Class, my play style is mainly supports/healers, and casters/dps/dds (Damage Dealers) when I used to play MOBA's and other RPG's (not MMO though).
You got suggestion for that type of play style and if there's a Race/Class combo's (as each Race got different passive racial advantage) or does it not matter at all?

-Concerning the servers, can you suggest one for me?
I think I'm going for a PvE server. Since you can hop on the BattleGrounds anytime to experience some PvP (right?)
And I'm mostly concerned about the dungeons and raids and stuff like that :)

-And yeah I agree about not using the boost. What got me to play the game is to experience the full playthrough and the lore it got, so I don't want to miss it ;)
I already got a level 90 boost (I recieved Warlords of Draenor for free in a promotional hence the boost) but not intending to use it ;p at least not for a long time neither the level 100 boost incoming with Legion expansion.

So yeah ... thanks for your awesome reply ^_^

#291 August 10 2016

The313

Ok this turned out to be a really long one so I hope you'll find it usefull:
Here we go...:

-Races do have passives and every race have a special racial ability --BUT-- unless you wanna be in the top 10 guilds in the world in PvE then they don't matter, it's a matter of a 0.5% to a 1% increase in output if --ALL-- the guild is taking the best race/class combo so unless you are THAT competitive then don't bother. Just pick the race that you are most interested in or the one that looks cooler.

-For realm you need to choose a faction before I can tell you what is the best server.
The ONLY difference between PvE and PvP realm is that in PvP realms ''Word PvP'' is enabled wile on on PvE realms it's not, but all other activities are enables in both type of realms the exact same way.   
(e.g: if you are questing and you see some1 from the other faction on a PvP realm u can attack him but on PvE realms you can't.)
*After you choose what faction you wanna be, go to: https://realmpop.com/eu.html and look for the type of realm you need and choose the one that have the most of your faction.
-I will be away for a wile after I make this post so I won't be able to give you a fast reply-

*Ok now for choosing a class what I am gonna do is tell you about the classes that can be healers and casters since you said you liked those and you choose what you think it's cooler or whatever appeals the most to you...
PS: there is healer classes I am not including cause they don't have a caster spec and I am not putting casters that don't have a healing spec ether...

Ok Healer/caster classes are : Priest , Shaman, Druid.

Priest:
Does priest stuff, praying, uses the holy light to support and heal there allies.
-they can do that with two specs, Holy (classic Healer, that uses spells reactivity to heal there allies) and Discipline (healer/caster hybrid that is more proactive healer then reactive).
ps: as of now the discipline spec is the hardest of the two.
-There dds (in WoW we call them DPS, damage per second), they turn into shadow priest where they loose there healing abilities to dmg there enemies with shadow magic to the break of insanity...

Shamans:
They use the elements of nature to aide them (water, earth, fire,wind, and lightning)
they have tree specs:
-Restoration is the healing spec where they use the element of water to healer there allies wounds.
-Elemental is the caster spec where they use the elements of fire and earth and lightning to damage there enemies.
-Enhancement is not a caster spec but a melee spec that the elements of fire and earth and lightning to enhance there weapons to damage there enemies

Druids:
They are shape-shifters that that shape-shift in to different animals to do different tasks.
there are the only class with four specs:
-Restoration: they don't have a special shape shift to do they stuff also you can turn in to a tree sometimes to heal with the power of nature.
-Balance: they are the caster spec, they shape-shift into a weird looking bird/bear/chicken/who knows what, (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tjs67QyJzIQ/T … .35.46.png) look at it and decide what it is...lol.
Anyway, they use a balance between the sun and the moons to do dmg to there enemies.
-Feral: is a melee dps spec where they turn in to a panther to attack there enemy in panther/ tiger style.
-Gardian: is the tank spec where they turn into a bear to protect there enemies.

Last edited by The313 (August 10 2016)

#292 August 10 2016

MohZz

Wow, much appreciated. ^_^

Just another silly question

Are you able to change the aspects and skills of your class (like if you're Shaman, can you change between Restoration, Elemental and Enhancement)?
If yes, is it freely? or do you need in-game money or some other way to be able to do that? (Technically changing your builds)

Thanks again for your helpful reply. :)

#293 August 10 2016

Totoro

MohZz wrote:

Wow, much appreciated. ^_^

Just another silly question

Are you able to change the aspects and skills of your class (like if you're Shaman, can you change between Restoration, Elemental and Enhancement)?
If yes, is it freely? or do you need in-game money or some other way to be able to do that? (Technically changing your builds)

Thanks again for your helpful reply. :)

Yes you can change between Specs easily. You might go into a dungeon as a healer and when it's done change your specialization to Elemental and destroy minions with your lava bursts instead. (I highly recommend shaman by the way, especially as healers).

Yes you can do it freely.

-Another advise I can give you is choosing a realm with friends because WoW is an MMORPG and it's a lot more fun when you play with people you know or meet in-game then just pugging with randoms.
I play on Ravencrest as Alliance and on Kazzak as Horde.
Personally, being a fan of lore as well, I have a special things for Dwarves and the forsaken (undead), that being said, my Alliance Main is a Dwarf and Horde main is an Undead.

If you're going horde, your best shaman spec would be Orc or Troll
If you're going alliance, your best shaman spec would be Dwarf or Draenei.

If you have more questions, shoot!

#294 August 10 2016

MohZz

Hai Totoro!

That's nice to hear :)
Because you know, sticking to a certain skill tree and not being able to change (or requires ridicules amount of in-game money to do it) will make playing the character tedious and boring.
Change is always good ;p

Unfortunately, I don't have any friends who plays video games as much as I do (and IF someone does it's the usual LoL or CS:GO) ;(
So, I guess I'm flexible in choosing any server at the moment.

Yeah sure, here's a question
Could you link me a website or a webpage that's up to date with every class (meta) builds?

And concerning UI, I know this guy's UI which looks nice. (I couldn't post the link "not allowed to" ._.)
It's Towelliee's UI, you can search it, it's easy to find. (I think you might know it already)
Do you have any other recommendation/suggestion for the UI?

And ofcourse, thank you very much for the reply, much appreciated! ^_^

#295 August 10 2016

Totoro

Yeah I use mmo-champion all the time. The website is like a WoW goldmine, it has everything you need to know if you know where to look.
Also even the WoW website has an explanation on every class and what it does.

Read up on them and let me know which ones you 'connected' with.
You can try them all later in-game but it's going to take time so choosing the one that feels right is the best thing to do as a start.

As for the UI, you'll need to visit websites that have addons for the game. The most famous one is Curse and WoWinterface. Both of these have addons that can configure your UI. Download the addon then head to the games location on your PC and go to:
Interface -> Addons -> Paste or extract the files here.

Of course I know Towelliee, I play a paladin too ^^

#296 August 12 2016

DG

MohZz wrote:

Could you link me a website or a webpage that's up to date with every class (meta) builds?

You can check www.icy-veins.com  and www.noxxic.com  for builds, rotation, etc...

#297 August 12 2016

MohZz

DG wrote:

You can check www.icy-veins.com  and www.noxxic.com  for builds, rotation, etc...

Hai there DG!

Thanks for the info :)

I got another question if you don't mind guys ^_^

It's about professions. I've created a Shaman character what do you suggest be my 2 primary professions?
And what should I go for, Leather or Mail armor?

Also, how to get better bags? I desperatly need some big ones ;/ (I think they'll be expensive for me though? :o I don't know)

Last edited by MohZz (August 12 2016)

#298 August 12 2016

zibiluje

um professions are no longer beneficial as they used to be for making money .
however you can pick your professions depending on your play style,  because in legion the professions will give the profession owner more duration and efficiency .
for example the saddle for the mount benefits the blacksmith 4x times more than the non blacksmith.

but if you need gadgets/mounts to sell go for engineering
bags go for tailoring
and the best selling as always are enchanting and alchemy alongside (mining/herbalism/skinning)
i'd really recommend checking wow head for legion professions overview/ profession overview guide

as for the bags 30 slot bags are the best  the moment and they're quite expensive ranging from 900g to 1.5k as an avg on all European realms . [s: you can craft those if you are a tailor but they take an average of 5 days to make a bag , so you can farm gold and buy the bags from the auction house(hexweave bags)

Last edited by zibiluje (August 12 2016)

#299 August 13 2016

MohZz

Thanks for your reply zibiluje :)

I'll check it out.

I got another question now

Could anyone suggest/recommend/or link me something for mapping better keybindings?
Also for Macros as well.
(Shaman)

I'm having an issue as well, the NPC dialogue boxes aren't popping out. Anyone got an idea how to fix it?

#300 August 14 2016

zibiluje

i dont play shaman but i can help you with keybinds , and for the macros talents and rotation jst search youtube for famous stereamers who play shaman you'll find what you want

Board footer