LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 April 24 2010

J4D

Re: Tech concepts we need to correct ASAP

drop the only from what i said ;-)

#27 April 24 2010

kareem_nasser

Thxn Jad but this isnt my question rofl understood it.
@arithma that is for SIMD(Single Instruction Multiple Data) what about MIMD(Multiple Instruction Multiple Data) architectures that are currently present on GPUs?
@jadberro: you forgot that a 64-bit system can take up to 2^64 of system memory(addresses) and thats A LOT OF EXABYTES
Another question is when we see that a CPU is 64 or 32-bit system i think it means Integer?right? or Floating point?

#28 April 24 2010

J4D

forgot ?! HAHAHA !

#29 April 24 2010

kareem_nasser

Oops sorry didn't mean that.

#30 April 24 2010

J4D

kareem_nasser wrote:

Another question is when we see that a CPU is 64 or 32-bit system i think it means Integer?right? or Floating point?

all CPUs with no exception should do both . integers are whole numbers with no fractions , while floating point operations include fractions and are therefore more accurate like 233.332287 .

kareem , what are you majoring ? you should have taken these in your course of study ! ( unless your major has nothing to do with computer science ) .

#31 April 24 2010

kareem_nasser

MIS, but since the last 3 years in school i never memorized or concentrated on what i take they were just means to success...no off topic but for more info:
http://www.lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6290
http://www.lebgeeks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6351

#32 April 24 2010

Kassem

Kareem is doing MIS just like myself. We only take an introduction to this binary/hexadecimal and all this kinda stuff. We focus more on programming rather than architecture of computers and hardware.

#33 April 24 2010

arithma

Some people will never have to deal with the horor of crash coursing into ASM programming. Rejoice on the fact.

#34 April 24 2010

J4D

Programming hardware is A LOT better and cooler than software programming . in my opinion at least :)

#35 April 24 2010

kareem_nasser

I am not into programming and never tried it but was going to major in CS untill MIS came to my mind when i was applying in the university and i selected it.

Programming hardware is A LOT better and cooler than software programming . in my opinion at least :)

i want to open a thread about the difficulties of programming for Hardware with wide capabilities.

#36 April 24 2010

arithma

I like hardware programming too for the reason of the language choice and the intimacy you feel. Other than that, it's limiting. It's kind of academic exercise (the last time I did anyway)

#37 April 25 2010

Joe

the computing equivalent of laying the biggest, freshest tomatoes on the top of the box.

All the eyecandy in Windows? (troll)

#38 April 25 2010

rolf

BTW, stop saying rofl lol
My name is ROLF not ROFL and that is my real name in real life :)
Thanks!

#39 April 25 2010

kareem_nasser

Oops this is optical illusion.

#40 April 26 2010

kareem_nasser

Back to the topic: most or even all the ppl i know have their Recycle Bin filled with stuff when i ask why they answer that it wont take Hard Disk space!!!! ROFLin, Well it wont take from one volume the entire space it depends on your configurations but omg no disk space taken!!??

Board footer