LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#176 April 17 2010

Gomez012

Re: What are you playing these days ?

ballouta wrote:

risen an RPG game

Risen is just horrible, I was completely disgusted by it and stopped playing after 4 hours.

I'm currently playing Fifa 10 finally got it

#177 April 17 2010

ballouta

Gomez012 wrote:
ballouta wrote:

risen an RPG game

Risen is just horrible, I was completely disgusted by it and stopped playing after 4 hours.

i use to like gothic series except the 3 and all its bugs. then the same company of gothic released risen. i didn't find it in any stores so i downloaded it  but i'm a fan of rpg games. anw man fifa 10 ... i'll beat you hard in it man:)

#178 April 17 2010

Gomez012

ballouta wrote:
Gomez012 wrote:
ballouta wrote:

risen an RPG game

i use to like gothic series except the 3 and all its bugs. then the same company of gothic released risen. i didn't find it in any stores so i downloaded it  but i'm a fan of rpg games. anw man fifa 10 ... i'll beat you hard in it man:)

Yeah I was a bit excited because it was created by the creators of Gothic, but the game is just repulsive. Terrible graphics, all bugs, confusing story line.
I doubt that man

#179 April 19 2010

fasool

WoW (World of Warcraft) is simply wow!

#180 April 19 2010

ballouta

Gomez012 wrote:
ballouta wrote:
Gomez012 wrote:

Yeah I was a bit excited because it was created by the creators of Gothic, but the game is just repulsive. Terrible graphics, all bugs, confusing story line.
I doubt that man

i think it took them about 1-2 months to do it  but im wasting my time on it.. i just cant resist rpg games.

#181 April 19 2010

Gomez012

ballouta wrote:
Gomez012 wrote:
ballouta wrote:

I doubt that man

i think it took them about 1-2 months to do it  but im wasting my time on it.. i just cant resist rpg games.

It really is a bad game a though
I love RPGs aswell but not sucky RPGs.

#182 April 22 2010

Gomez012

I just started playing Fallout 3.
I'm not that impressed yet.

#183 April 22 2010

BashLogic

got myself a ps3 game, hawx, any one who wants to brawl?

#184 April 23 2010

Flakk

Gomez012 wrote:

haha you wont be impressed at all in this game. If you found it lame at start, it dosint get any better than that in the future. Recommend you to dump it and play Oblivion or Dragon Age or any better game.

Last edited by Flakk (April 23 2010)

#185 April 23 2010

kareem_nasser

lol you wanted me t buy Fallout 3 flakk why?(if it is gonna stay lame)

#186 April 23 2010

Gomez012

Flakk wrote:
Gomez012 wrote:

haha you wont be impressed at all in this game. It you found it lame at start, it dosint get any better than that in the future. Recommend you to dump it and play Oblivion or Dragon Age or any better game.

After actually being able to kill things other than roaches it's pretty fun.
Though I do prefer worlds like Oblivion or Dragon Age, but sadly I can't find them anywhere. (Original PAL Xbox 360)
I got Fallout 3 by trading it with one guy for SWTFU.

#187 April 23 2010

Flakk

kareem_nasser wrote:

lol you wanted me t buy Fallout 3 flakk why?(if it is gonna stay lame)

Well i personally hate the game. But it got alot of praise and lots of people enjoyed it. So i guess it was good to recommend it to you since you were looking for rpg games.
I found it to be really overhyped and really lame in terms of gameplay and story.

But yeah its my bad to actually recommend a game that I hate, sorry for that

#188 April 23 2010

kareem_nasser

i liked FF10 for its AWESOME story and great gameplay for its time. But i will buy FF13 soon, becasue Fallout 3 and oblivion  are on PC and Oblivion can work on my old PC.
Dont forget i have the game that will take me years to finish Demon's Souls.

Last edited by kareem_nasser (April 23 2010)

#189 April 25 2010

elchebib

Finished from Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. Impressions: Great game but more of the same like the previous iterations. A definite purchase for the fan of the series. Crazy battles and weapons. Incredible graphics.

Bioshock 2 multiplayer --- still active with decent connections

Moving on to:
Halo 2 (Xbox 3)
Street Fighter 4 (or Super Street Fighter 4 when it comes out this week) (PS3) --- Any challengers?

#190 April 25 2010

Gomez012

elchebib wrote:

Finished from Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time. Impressions: Great game but more of the same like the previous iterations. A definite purchase for the fan of the series. Crazy battles and weapons. Incredible graphics.

Moving on to:
Halo 2 (Xbox 3)
Street Fighter 4 (or Super Street Fighter 4 when it comes out this week) (PS3) --- Any challengers?

Halo 2 isn't on the 360

#191 April 25 2010

kareem_nasser

elchebib wrote:

Moving on to:
Halo 2 (Xbox 3)

You were playing Ratchet and Clank game all night on Saturday....Man till 3:20am is it worth it?

#192 April 25 2010

elchebib

@Gomez012: True but I'll playing the game on the 360.

@kareem_nasser: I like the Ratchet and Clank series ever since Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal on the PS2.

#193 April 25 2010

Gomez012

elchebib wrote:

How?

#194 April 26 2010

elchebib

Gomez012 wrote:
elchebib wrote:

How?

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/backwar … eslist.htm

#195 April 26 2010

kareem_nasser

@elchebib:But why didtn you like inFamous?

#196 April 26 2010

elchebib

kareem_nasser wrote:

@elchebib:But why didtn you like inFamous?

I guess you could say that open world sandbox type games took a dive after playing GTA4 for me. That game was so boring with the repititive stuff (go here, kill person, come back, go there, hijack car, etc...). It shouldn't have got these high scores to begin with. As for inFamous, I didn't like it because of that. It  got repetitive with the typical missions of go-there-do-that stuff with not much variety in them. It had zero exploration potential (unlike Fallout 3 which I enjoyed very much due mainly to the exploration parts). Its story was a bit engaging but not something that you can call epic or anywere near that. And one of the primary reasons is that its RPG elements are very minimal to nonexistent.

These days I'm been playing games that are either:
1- Known series that I played before
2- RPG gameplay at its core
3- Great story
4- Great online experience

Other than those games, I won't be shelling out 70 USD....

Cheers

#197 April 26 2010

kareem_nasser

Same here but a different taste but i suggest getting Demon's Souls.

#198 April 26 2010

elchebib

kareem_nasser wrote:

Same here but a different taste but i suggest getting Demon's Souls.

I want to play to have fun and not play a game to get frustrated.

As for the japanese RPG games, I can only recommend the Final Fantasy series. Other japanese RPGs have tried to produce something decent with no success. I've been leaning to Western RPGs lately (better gameplay and story)

#199 April 26 2010

ballouta

assassin's creed II

#200 April 26 2010

Flakk

elchebib wrote:

I want to play to have fun and not play a game to get frustrated.

+1
I hate frustrating games that make you repeat a level 1000 times before you get it right. Thats just useless. I have no  patience for these types of games so i usually dump them on the 4th or the 5th try  and i just get back to them in a few days or weeks lol

The only few frustrating games that i have managed to enjoy were somehow the Contra series, especially the one on the Nintendo DS.

Board footer