LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1526 April 11 2016

AVOlio

Re: What are you playing these days ?

Ingress,  on  mobile.
Daily, everyday. 

#1527 April 13 2016

Tech Guru

#1528 April 13 2016

NuclearVision

AVOlio wrote:

Ingress,  on  mobile.
Daily, everyday.

It's pointless outside the city, or i didn't know how to use it..

#1529 April 13 2016

hkbazzi

just got the division for 31 dollars on sale, lets hope my 980 can handle it at 1440 maxed out

#1530 April 13 2016

Tech Guru

@hkbazzi

It will not handle it maxed 1440p , a 980Ti can barely reach a locked 60fps with dips.

#1531 April 15 2016

AVOlio

NuclearVision wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

Ingress,  on  mobile.
Daily, everyday.

It's pointless outside the city, or i didn't know how to use it..

You have a point,
If playing outside the city, a car is necessary.
But other than Beirut, there are cities in which you can play on foot, like Jbeil and Tripoli.

But yes, generally in lebanon, areas aren't crowded with portals, a car could help a lot.
On the other hand, in other countries in Europe, Asia or US, there is a cluster F*** if them everywhere.

Which area were you in when you started playing? (I'm assuming that you did play a bit ).

#1532 April 15 2016

NuclearVision

Chouf area,i didn't really know what to do i had just downloaded it, it turned out to be an outdoor app. The nearest checkpoint was 10km away, a beach resort, in winter... You know what happened next, deleted.
I wonder why google pulled their name, it was advertised under developped by google, it now shows niantic.

Last edited by NuclearVision (April 15 2016)

#1533 April 15 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Tech Guru wrote:

Quantum Break too but it's a +50gb download meaning non Lebanese internet friendly, I will wait for DVD copies

#1534 April 16 2016

MrClass

Quantum Break is just fucken broken. I will refuse to play a peasant console ported game.

#1535 April 20 2016

elchebib

Done with Halo 5: Guardians single player campaign on Xbox One. Great game. Graphics and gameplay are great especially with the addition of the thrusters and ground stomp. The story is interesting with a nice twist and its a very good basis for the next Halo game.

Continuing Fallout 4 main campaign on PS4

Starting the Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo on PS4

elchebib.png

Last edited by elchebib (April 20 2016)

#1536 April 20 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Finished Batman Arkham Knight (but still many side missions) I will begin to play Dark Souls 3 tomorrow

#1537 April 21 2016

NuclearVision

Hearthstone on mobile. I don't understand why they ruined this game with tons of expansions. I liked it the way it was

Last edited by NuclearVision (April 21 2016)

#1538 April 21 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Damn!
Can't play Dark Souls 3 with the wireless xbox 360 gamepad!!
They listed the buttons and all but the gamepad has zero actions

Edit: Fixed by using the 2009 old drivers instead of the Win 10 ones, because the module is fake lol

Last edited by vegetaleb (April 21 2016)

#1539 April 21 2016

elchebib

Done with Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo on PS4. Its been so long ago that I played a Final Fantasy. I played each one of them and FFXIII was the last one which left a bad taste (great battle system and graphics but everything else was crap and I did not play any of subsequent games because of FFXIII). I did not play the first demo (Episode Duscae) but this one rekindled my love for that series and I am looking forward to the upcoming full game. Its light on the story elements but the last part is the best one since it pits you against a mini boss battle playing as adult Noctis. Battle system is fun and can not wait to try the full arsenal out. Graphics are great and did not notice any dips in graphical quality considering this is a demo. I will definitely be getting the game once it comes and am hopeful that it will bring back the glory of final fantasy.

Starting Alan Wake main campaign on Xbox one

#1540 April 21 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

elchebib wrote:

Done with Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo on PS4. Its been so long ago that I played a Final Fantasy. I played each one of them and FFXIII was the last one which left a bad taste (great battle system and graphics but everything else was crap and I did not play any of subsequent games because of FFXIII). I did not play the first demo (Episode Duscae) but this one rekindled my love for that series and I am looking forward to the upcoming full game. Its light on the story elements but the last part is the best one since it pits you against a mini boss battle playing as adult Noctis. Battle system is fun and can not wait to try the full arsenal out. Graphics are great and did not notice any dips in graphical quality considering this is a demo. I will definitely be getting the game once it comes and am hopeful that it will bring back the glory of final fantasy.

Alan Wake on Xbox One? Graphics are better than PC + 4K DSR?
I love this game, played it 4x times and will again, still waiting for quantum break PC at our 2000LL local shops

#1541 April 21 2016

elchebib

vegetaleb wrote:
elchebib wrote:

Alan Wake on Xbox One? Graphics are better than PC + 4K DSR?
I love this game, played it 4x times and will again, still waiting for quantum break PC at our 2000LL local shops

Waiting for my copy to arrive. Never played it on the original one. Its just the same version as the Xbox 360 but I would assume a little better in terms of graphics and smoothness. I doubt its better than the PC version graphically.

As for Quantum Break, let me know how that would fair. I read and watched reviews where they were not fond of the game. Gameplay wise it was great but the whole idea of the TV episodes breaks out the flow  of the game. And thats something I hate. A game is a game and a TV series belongs to the TV. I don't like it when they mix them up.

#1542 April 24 2016

Tech Guru

I installed Yesterday Dark Souls III , brilliant on the PC (makes an enormous visual leap over its predecessors ) - Playing it Max , 1440p/DSR on a super slim bezel  42  inch - LG TV  (Fps Hovering 47-53 Fps)- I am using a PS4 controller  (Input-Mapper and USB-Bluetooth Dongle pairing for a wireless game-play. Very Hard like the exclusive PS4 Bloodborne (actually the mechanics are very similar to it and they both share a lot of similarities (Both developed by FromSoftware). I found Dark Soul III very enjoyable , challenging, and more enjoyable compared to BloodBorne. 

tsHq9K3.jpg

nCAN5kK.jpg

I am playing too , Dirt Rally (1440p/DSR , 60Fps Locked , Ultra/4xMsaa , I turned off Advanced Blending - It cuts FPS , with a minor improvement to tress aliasing. Similarly , on 42 inch TV + usuing the PS4 controller in wireless mode , input latency is low despite the blue-tooth connectivity with the PC. Brilliant graphics and game-play.

Both titles proved how well-optimized ports to the PC can deliver very enjoyable "bug-less experience" and utilizing the full PC power to achieve awesome image fidelity/immersion that can put consoles  in the dirt hole , including the upcoming so called Playtstaion 4.5 or 4K - Code-name: Neo , with an improvement CPU/GPU claiming that 4k is attainable (LMFAO) - I have been following this topic , and if you do some technical hardware  search on the Neon upcoming GPU/CPU tweaks/specifications - you will know that the 4k Dream on this console is very far to reach , with 60 Million already own a PS4 , an upgrade to purchase a new one will be a big hiccup in the throat , similar story with the upcoming Nintendo NX (with similar PS4 or a little faster  - mediocre capabilities since I  own a PS4 and it is collecting dust (what a regret and I am thinking to sell it soon).   

With Polaris/Pascal on the doors, and already powerful Maxwell / Fury , you can soon upgrade to a  to a Gtx 1080 /480x and enjoy what "playable" 4k is about :)

Last edited by Tech Guru (April 24 2016)

#1543 April 24 2016

ballad

Tech Guru wrote:

I installed Yesterday Dark Souls III , brilliant on the PC (makes an enormous visual leap over its predecessors ) - Playing it Max , 1440p/DSR on a super slim bezel  42  inch - LG TV  (Fps Hovering 47-53 Fps)- I am using a PS4 controller  (Input-Mapper and USB-Bluetooth Dongle pairing for a wireless game-play. Very Hard like the exclusive PS4 Bloodborne (actually the mechanics are very similar to it and they both share a lot of similarities (Both developed by FromSoftware). I found Dark Soul III very enjoyable , challenging, and more enjoyable compared to BloodBorne. 

http://i.imgur.com/tsHq9K3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nCAN5kK.jpg

I am playing too , Dirt Rally (1440p/DSR , 60Fps Locked , Ultra/4xMsaa , I turned off Advanced Blending - It cuts FPS , with a minor improvement to tress aliasing. Similarly , on 42 inch TV + usuing the PS4 controller in wireless mode , input latency is low despite the blue-tooth connectivity with the PC. Brilliant graphics and game-play.

Both titles proved how well-optimized ports to the PC can deliver very enjoyable "bug-less experience" and utilizing the full PC power to achieve awesome image fidelity/immersion that can put consoles  in the dirt hole , including the upcoming so called Playtstaion 4.5 or 4K - Code-name: Neon , with an improvement CPU/GPU claiming that 4k is attainable (LMFAO) - I have been following this topic , and if you do some technical hardware  search on the Neon upcoming GPU/CPU tweaks/specifications - you will know that the 4k Dream on this console is very far to reach , with 60 Million already own a PS4 , an upgrade to purchase a new one will be a big hiccup in the throat , similar story with the upcoming Nintendo NX (with similar PS4 or a little faster  - mediocre capabilities since I won a PS4 and it collecting dust (what a regret and I am thinking to sell it soon).   

With Polaris/Pascal on the doors, and already powerful Maxwell / Fury , you can soon upgrade to a  to a Gtx 1080 /480x and enjoy what "playable" 4k is about :)

both are not pc ports, they were designed for pc

#1544 April 24 2016

Johnaudi

I've been playing lots of DayZ lately.

If anyone is interested in joining me, I'd be glad to send him my hack as well.

#1545 April 24 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Downloading Quantum Break Fitgirl version (26gb instead of 60)

#1546 April 24 2016

Tech Guru

@vegetaleb

Provide me with the download link bro ;)

#1547 April 24 2016

Satfoun
Banned

Yeah downloading quantum break too...but it is slow
Playing Titanfall lately, im back at it
And from time to time some Garden warfare

#1548 April 24 2016

Kazouza

Johnaudi wrote:

I've been playing lots of DayZ lately.

If anyone is interested in joining me, I'd be glad to send him my hack as well.

Don't know if you still remember me John, but are you still enjoying it? Kinda bored of playing alone.

#1549 April 24 2016

Johnaudi

@Kazouza when teleporting and torturing innocent players, tell them to kill each other and then eat their friends' skin, getting them poisoned by unhealthy meat and then strip them from all of their clothes and give them to a zombie for a play time. I don't see how I can get bored of that.

#1550 April 25 2016

Die_Kapitan

Johnaudi wrote:

@Kazouza when teleporting and torturing innocent players, tell them to kill each other and then eat their friends' skin, getting them poisoned by unhealthy meat and then strip them from all of their clothes and give them to a zombie for a play time. I don't see how I can get bored of that.

You're what's wrong with multiplayer games.

Board footer