LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1376 October 23 2015

Die_Kapitan

Re: What are you playing these days ?

vegetaleb wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Finished MGS Phantom Pain, I was crying in the end because...you will understand :(

Lemme' guess, Quiet died.

Nope!
In reality you have to finish a certain side mission and you will see near the end (mission 44 or something)

I wouldn't play MGS even if my life depended on it, too ahistorical for my liking.

#1377 October 23 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Lol! You see politics everywhere

#1378 October 24 2015

Satfoun
Banned

I finished the Chapter 1 of MGSV like 2 weeks ago, and now back to Witcher 3 since the new big patches got released and the new DLC

#1379 October 27 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Finished Phantom Pain totally, now playing MGS2  emulated with PCSX2 at 4K DSR and SMAA x16.
Bought WRC 5 from local shop, though when I choose 1440p DSR at 60hz it will bring it back to 30, and with 4K to 25!!!!!
Directx is limited to 9!!?!!
I installed latest patch but still old directx and poor Hz, this is the only game doing this
Ok I have found a fix, just add -dx11 in the end of the game's link in the target icon, it unlocked directx 11 and 60hz :)
Still this game is BS as the car is sliding like a soap at 30km/h LOL

Last edited by vegetaleb (October 27 2015)

#1380 October 27 2015

Satfoun
Banned

And i am sitting here benchmarking Ashes of singularity Dx12 performance :|
I should make a thread to see each one performance boost

#1381 October 29 2015

Tech Guru

Recently bought the LG ULTRA HD TV 55'' UB830T (4k / Passive 3D) hooked my PC and I have been playing NBA 2k 16 (they simply nail it this year from modes, super realistic graphics/animations , presentations , new story mode written by Spike Lee from school to collegae to NBA Darfts). Playing it   with a wireless PS4 controller (Using a USB- Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle).  Tried the Witcher 3 damn awesome the upscale to 4k from 1440p/1080p on both games. Tried 4k native on HDMI 2.0 (60hz)  / an SLI Setup is recommended or a next year upgrade to Pascal is more desirable.

Bought Assassin Creed Syndicate on the PS4 but not tried it yet.

Been playing PES 2016 (UEFA Champions League  + Online Competitive Tours ) - Really Awesome this year much better compared to Fifa 2016 - Ill patch today with the 1st new  data patch from Konami (More Teams , More Licences , More Signed Moves etc...)

Tech is awesome but need Cash to enjoy it and some decent amount of cash haha.

Last edited by Tech Guru (October 29 2015)

#1382 October 29 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Tech Guru wrote:

Recently bought the LG ULTRA HD TV 55'' UB830T (4k / Passive 3D) hooked my PC and I have been playing NBA 2k 16 (they simply nail it this year from modes, super realistic graphics/animations , presentations , new story mode written by Spike Lee from school to collegae to NBA Darfts). Playing it   with a wireless PS4 controller (Using a USB- Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle).  Tried the Witcher 3 damn awesome the upscale to 4k from 1440p/1080p on both games. Tried 4k native on HDMI 2.0 (60hz)  / an SLI Setup is recommended or a next year upgrade to Pascal is more desirable.

Bought Assassin Creed Syndicate on the PS4 but not tried it yet.

Been playing PES 2016 (UEFA Champions League  + Online Competitive Tours ) - Really Awesome this year much better compared to Fifa 2016 - Ill patch today with the 1st new  data patch from Konami (More Teams , More Licences , More Signed Moves etc...)

Tech is awesome but need Cash to enjoy it and some decent amount of cash haha.

Did you find a big difference between 1080p + DSR 4K and natural 4K?

#1383 October 29 2015

Tech Guru

@Vegetable

DSR uses a 13-tap gaussian filter which has a bigger hit than native 4k. i.e. a 13x13 pixel region of the 'source' image is sample and weighted to prodiuce every pixel of the output image. This obivously means that each pixel of the input image contributes to multiple pixels of the output image with different weightings, as this moving 13x13 region (called a 'kernel') will overlap.. Scaling a 3840x2160 image to 2560x1440 will look better than scaling to 1920x1080, because you have more output pixels available, which means you take more samples of the input image.Playing on a 4k monitor looks  better than dsr 4k. The picture is sharper and clearer due to the more pixels, i find 4k dsr too blurry for my eyes. A native 4k monitor takes away some of that blurriness for a crisper image.

#1384 October 29 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Thanks for the input!
When CTC or LG will do a good offer on 4K 40'' TV (under 800$) I will get one, they are around 550$ for months now in the US so I will not be surprised if they sell them at 700$ soon here

#1385 November 8 2015

scorz

Anyone in beirut area has MadMax game files crack/or non crack version?

#1386 November 8 2015

ballad

scorz wrote:

its a 4gb repack

#1387 November 8 2015

scorz

ballad wrote:
scorz wrote:

its a 4gb repack

I didn't know there was a repack! I'll look it up thanks for sharing.

#1388 November 12 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Finally got my hand on Black Ops 3!
5 DVDs from Rony DVD.
Played quickly yesterday, I can get 60fps if I choose 1080p or 1440p + 1080p (COD system) but I had to reduce the texture to high instead of Ultra because of lack of RAMs!!! I have 4GB DDR3 + 8GB paging files on SSD so 12GB is not enough for Ultra, I will try to increase paging files to 12GB so I can reach 16GB total.
But until now I am not Wowed by the graphics

#1389 November 23 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Tech Guru wrote:

@Vegetable

DSR uses a 13-tap gaussian filter which has a bigger hit than native 4k. i.e. a 13x13 pixel region of the 'source' image is sample and weighted to prodiuce every pixel of the output image. This obivously means that each pixel of the input image contributes to multiple pixels of the output image with different weightings, as this moving 13x13 region (called a 'kernel') will overlap.. Scaling a 3840x2160 image to 2560x1440 will look better than scaling to 1920x1080, because you have more output pixels available, which means you take more samples of the input image.Playing on a 4k monitor looks  better than dsr 4k. The picture is sharper and clearer due to the more pixels, i find 4k dsr too blurry for my eyes. A native 4k monitor takes away some of that blurriness for a crisper image.

What about input lag? Do you find it reactive enough in fast action games or you feel a little slowness?

#1390 November 25 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Finished Black Ops 3, as usual with COD the campaign is very small compared to good games like FC4.
Will get a copy of Fallout 4 today and why not hoping to find the new Assassin Creed

#1391 November 25 2015

Satfoun
Banned

Ohhhhhh.....you HAVE to play Fallout 4, really love it ^-^

#1392 November 25 2015

ThePS3Gamer

PC: CounterStrike Global Offensive, I Got my StatTrak M9 Bayonet Marble Fade MW Scammed :(

#1393 November 25 2015

geekevo

How exactly did you get scammed?

#1394 November 25 2015

nosense

ThePS3Gamer wrote:

PC: CounterStrike Global Offensive, I Got my StatTrak M9 Bayonet Marble Fade MW Scammed :(

rank?

#1395 November 25 2015

ragdoll

vegetaleb wrote:

Finished Black Ops 3, as usual with COD the campaign is very small compared to good games like FC4.
Will get a copy of Fallout 4 today and why not hoping to find the new Assassin Creed

Technically, if you want to compare the campaign from CoD, you kinda have to just include the main questline. Main questlines are usually in open-world games. Even Fallout 4's main questline wasn't that long. Yet again, it's very hard comparing a linear game to an open one.

And I definitely do recommend Fallout 4. Clocked 70 hours in a couple weeks.

#1396 November 25 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Tried 15min of Fallout 4 with 1080p + Ultra the game was meh graphically before the nuclear blast but once you get outside after the vault it's not bad at all, I will try 1440p DSR next time as it was fluid 60fps with 1080p.
Gonna try ACS tomorrow to see how better it's compared to ACU

#1397 November 26 2015

ironman

ThePS3Gamer wrote:

if your computer was controlled by RAT, or you have downloaded a malicious version of teamspeak or razerchat or whatever, you can open a ticket and steam will get you back your items :)
if you need assistance PM me.

Source: 24/7 CSGO Player with a 3K Inventory

Last edited by ironman (November 26 2015)

#1398 November 26 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Wow just wow for Assassin Creed Syndicate, the graphics are splendid but I had to lower the shadows to high and 1080p to get a 45fps, everything else is on super ultra. And both my new cpu and gtx 970 are more than capable, it looks like some games are released for PCs of 2017!

#1399 November 26 2015

Die_Kapitan

vegetaleb wrote:

Wow just wow for Assassin Creed Syndicate, the graphics are splendid but I had to lower the shadows to high and 1080p to get a 45fps, everything else is on super ultra. And both my new cpu and gtx 970 are more than capable, it looks like some games are released for PCs of 2017!

More like some games are unoptimized as fuck.

#1400 November 26 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

that's right ubisoft is always releasing unoptimized games, especially assassin's creed

Board footer