LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1251 February 3 2015

Aly

Re: What are you playing these days ?

vegetaleb wrote:

Thanks! Applied the 1.2.1 Reloaded and turned Vsync off, it's somehow better but I still have drops of FPS from 80 to 10 in a second!
The game is perhaps cool but these lags are a royal pain. dunno perhaps my old i5 750 is bottle-necking hard in this game...

It is somehow official that this game had a bad launch, the pc port is kind of poorly optimized, there is tons of people on the steam forums complaining about the fps drops even with very high end pc (talking about 980 SLI), I also read that people with AMD gpus are even suffereing more, so I wouldnt blame your rig for that.

#1252 February 3 2015

AvoK95

Die_Kapitan wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Thanks! Applied the 1.2.1 Reloaded and turned Vsync off, it's somehow better but I still have drops of FPS from 80 to 10 in a second!
The game is perhaps cool but these lags are a royal pain. dunno perhaps my old i5 750 is bottle-necking hard in this game...

Just delid that CPU, slap a water cooler on it and overclock it to heaven.

Only 3rd gen or newer Core series CPU's can be delided easily, other are soldered on, and need to be de-soldered, which is very risky

Last edited by AvoK95 (February 3 2015)

#1253 February 3 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

It's not easy to OC the i5 750 on an Intel mobo, heck I don't even know how, once I resume work at my jon in the coming months I will change the CPU,mobo and RAMs but I am still not decided if I wait for i5 6th gen for DDR4 support

#1254 February 3 2015

Die_Kapitan

AvoK95 wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Only 3rd gen Core series CPU's can be delided easily, other are soldered on, and need to be de-soldered, which is very risky

You mean anything post-Sandy Bridge. Still he can slap a water cooler on it and overclock, it'll make the processor last till Intel rolls out Skylake K in Q1 or Q2 2016, it's probably also the same time AMD rolls out Zen, so he'll have a broader choice when it comes to upgrading.

#1255 February 3 2015

AvoK95

Die_Kapitan wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:

Only 3rd gen Core series CPU's can be delided easily, other are soldered on, and need to be de-soldered, which is very risky

You mean anything post-Sandy Bridge. Still he can slap a water cooler on it and overclock, it'll make the processor last till Intel rolls out Skylake K in Q1 or Q2 2016, it's probably also the same time AMD rolls out Zen, so he'll have a broader choice when it comes to upgrading.

Typo fixed in my original post. If he had money to slap a water cooler on it, he could sell his board and use that money for a 4th gen i5 + board.

#1256 February 3 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Skylake is due to Q4 2015

#1257 February 3 2015

Die_Kapitan

AvoK95 wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:

Typo fixed in my original post. If he had money to slap a water cooler on it, he could sell his board and use that money for a 4th gen i5 + board.

You do realize that a water cooler is just 140$ while the cheapest i5 is 170$, add to that the price of mobo, he'll pay somewhere between 300 and 350$. Also, a water cooler will last for a few upgrades.

#1258 February 3 2015

Die_Kapitan

vegetaleb wrote:

Skylake is due to Q4 2015

Skylake S that is.

#1259 February 4 2015

AvoK95

Die_Kapitan wrote:
AvoK95 wrote:
Die_Kapitan wrote:

You do realize that a water cooler is just 140$ while the cheapest i5 is 170$, add to that the price of mobo, he'll pay somewhere between 300 and 350$. Also, a water cooler will last for a few upgrades.

140 + 160 for his rig = 300$, he can get a 4440 with an H81 and still have $55. He can spend that extra 50 on a higher end i5 or a board. Either way it'll be much better than his current rig.

Besides, he did mention he has an Intel board, and I've used all the DH55 series. The only way to OC is by bumping the multiplier and underclocking the RAM. He would gain about 500MHz, but volts will be stock, making the water cooler almost entirely useless.

#1260 February 4 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Better get an actual i5 or wait for skylake? I don't bother about waiting for Skylake as a CPU but as a launcher of DDR4 support (democratization of mobo models and price of rams), though some people are already saying that there are no difference in performance between DDR3 and DDR4.
This time I want a good mobo whatever CPU I will take so I can OC as easily as OC a GPU with Afterburner, so of course no more intel mobo for me, perhaps MSI or Asus

#1261 February 4 2015

AvoK95

vegetaleb wrote:

Better get an actual i5 or wait for skylake? I don't bother about waiting for Skylake as a CPU but as a launcher of DDR4 support (democratization of mobo models and price of rams), though some people are already saying that there are no difference in performance between DDR3 and DDR4.
This time I want a good mobo whatever CPU I will take so I can OC as easily as OC a GPU with Afterburner, so of course no more intel mobo for me, perhaps MSI or Asus

There is no difference between DDR2 vs DDR3 vs DDR4 in games.
Despite the price of RAM, and the expensive motherboard that will launch in Lebanon. The choice is yours and it wouldn't matter.

We're getting way outside the topic. Start a new topic to discuss the matter.

#1262 February 4 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Anyone tried FF 13-2 on PC?
Is it better graphically than FF 13?

#1263 February 4 2015

Die_Kapitan

vegetaleb wrote:

The difference in performance between DDR3 and DDR4 is not even a fraction of what it was between DDR and DDR2 or DDR2 and DDR3. DDR's in the end of it's life, Hybrid Memory Cube and Wide I/O will take it's place.

Last edited by Die_Kapitan (February 4 2015)

#1264 February 4 2015

bermudapineapple

Football Manager 2015.

#1265 February 6 2015

Flakk

Assassins Creed Black flag on 360.

#1266 February 6 2015

theGrg

Metroid Prime Trilogy

(in bold because that's how cool I think it is)

Last edited by theGrg (February 6 2015)

#1267 February 6 2015

Flakk

theGrg wrote:

Metroid Prime Trilogy

(in bold because that's how cool I think it is)

Great games, I recently started to play them on the  Dolphin emulator since i dont have a wii or a gamecube.
What platform are you playing them on ?

#1268 February 6 2015

Die_Kapitan

I'm playing a pirated version of Crusader Kings II, I feel bad when pirating from companies I like.

#1269 February 7 2015

EzikMezik

Anyone here into Pokemon competitive battling?

#1270 February 8 2015

Johnaudi

Minesweeper, it's a really fun game - hoping to see a multiplayer vers haha.

#1271 February 8 2015

theGrg

Flakk wrote:

Great games, I recently started to play them on the  Dolphin emulator since i dont have a wii or a gamecube.
What platform are you playing them on ?

On the Wii U. Were released for it recently and on discount.

#1272 February 17 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Conquered all outpost and bell towers in FC4 which I finished 10 days ago, finished all missions of Yogi,Longinus...only one of Hurk remain.
What a fantastic game but too bad we can't reach the snow missions when we finish the game, they could have put 2-3 outposts on the Everest.
Now replaying Tomb Raider 2013 for the 3rd time with Tridef (3D glasses software), 1440p DSR and Ultra (55FPS), playing this game in 3D and high graphics is like playing a brand new game.
Waiting for BF5
I have Final Fantasy X3-2 DSR 4K installed but I am afraid to get bored by the repeated battles and enemies

Last edited by vegetaleb (February 17 2015)

#1273 February 17 2015

Zahix

I highly recommend Dragon Age Inquisition.

#1274 February 17 2015

Die_Kapitan

Kerbal Space Program and Men of War: Assault Squad.

#1275 February 26 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Downloading Resident Evil Revelations 2 PC :)
Finally FF X3-2 is not bad graphically with the max DSR 4K

Board footer