LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#226 May 12 2010

practo

Re: What are you playing these days ?

Flyingwizard wrote:

(getting shadowmourne tonight)

Nice.

Flyingwizard wrote:

I just bought God of War III, !

Nice x2!

I have been playing Team Fortress 2. I can't believe it took me this long to get into it, but the game is addicting!

#227 May 13 2010

ramito123

kareem_nasser wrote:
ramito123 wrote:

Iron man 2 . Dissidia and Dark mirror on psp
Soon PoP:forgotten sands world cup 2010 and MGS5: Peace Walker.

A 12 year old boy finished Iron Man 2 on ps3 it literally sucks it doesn't deserve the 4.5 on GS.
it isn't called MGS5 and there isn't gonna be MGS5 anymore MGS4 is the last in the chronology.

Well iron man 2 was actually better than the first on the psp but still not good , i played the ps3 version , the psp one is better its different , i know MGS Pw isn't called MGS5 , Kojima was going to call it like that  but it being on the psp wouldn't work with that name , also from the content and gameplay  and reviews that i read it looks like a true MGs game.

#228 May 13 2010

kareem_nasser

Well it is Naked Snake after all.

#229 May 14 2010

kareem_nasser

Today i bought MGS4(the only region2 i think) from Nino and there was a lot of great used games like AC, WKC, SWTFU, SoulCalibur, MGS4(Region3), ...etc. A lot more go check.

-I have MGS4 Region4 and i want to play MGO i have a lebanese account will it work i should use my US account and download the necessary files to play them on my Lebanese account?
-Another question is about the Database will they work if i downlaoded them from the USA account PSN store while i have a Region2 Game?

Last edited by kareem_nasser (May 14 2010)

#230 May 14 2010

elchebib

kareem_nasser wrote:

Today i bought MGS4(the only region2 i think) from Nino and there was a lot of great used games like AC, WKC, SWTFU, SoulCalibur, MGS4(Region3), ...etc. A lot more go check.

-I have MGS4 Region4 and i want to play MGO i have a lebanese account will it work i should use my US account and download the necessary files to play them on my Lebanese account?
-Another question is about the Database will they work if i downlaoded them from the USA account PSN store while i have a Region2 Game?

Don't try to play MGO. You'll have to download a huge update (one I wasn't able to finish). In addition, a year ago, I tried the game over at my brother's house in Canada with a 16 Mbps connection and the game lagged considerably. So, imagine using our Lebanese connection.

Last edited by elchebib (May 14 2010)

#231 May 14 2010

kareem_nasser

I am already downloading lots of demos. but what about the MGS Database?

#232 May 14 2010

elchebib

kareem_nasser wrote:

Its an app that tells you the story of all of the MGS series in a chronological order.

#233 May 14 2010

kareem_nasser

elchebib wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:

Its an app that tells you the story of all of the MGS series in a chronological order.

lol no i know, i meant the region and PSN constrains.

#234 May 14 2010

elchebib

kareem_nasser wrote:
elchebib wrote:
kareem_nasser wrote:

lol no i know, i meant the region and PSN constrains.

Don't worry. If you wanna download the expansion packs for MGO, then go with the US account.

#235 May 14 2010

kareem_nasser

Even with my Region 2 game the database will work? becasue check this

I downloaded the the Database from US store and it worked but the MGS4 not becasue i didn't finish the game yet.

Last edited by kareem_nasser (May 14 2010)

#236 May 15 2010

GN90

GN90 wrote:
Cyril wrote:

GN90, your review on Alan Wake?

wasn't able to play much yet cause I'm busy preparing for the lab exams next week, just played the first introductory mission so can't judge yet.

I've played more of it and its awesome so far, the story is very addictive.
so if you got a 360, you gotta play this one.

#237 May 15 2010

WizaRd

I believe Alan Wake is somehow the equivalent of Heavy Rain on the xbox, and that game is just marvelous (HR)!

#238 May 15 2010

gamer4life

Hey karim their is MGS5, just search for MGS RISING the story will be about Raidan this time not Snake, and it's going to be on PC and Xbox360 as well. By the way i liked UC2 more because it's faster in the gameplay but the weapons in MGS are much better, and the online in UC2 can be playable at certain times of the day.

#239 May 15 2010

kareem_nasser

It isnt called MGS5 it is MGS:Rising it is gonna be lighting bolt action and not in the games chronological order so consider it a spin-off.

P.S: you were the one pming me all night on psn?

#240 May 15 2010

gamer4life

Yup thats me, why?

#241 May 15 2010

bearhog

on PS3: CoD MW2, Gran Turismo Prologue. Can't wait for Gt5 this autumn, unless they delay it again :(

#242 May 15 2010

kareem_nasser

gamer4life wrote:

Yup thats me, why?

Just checking becasue i cant differentiate between Gothical69 and goliath123.

#243 May 15 2010

GN90

gamer4life wrote:

Hey karim their is MGS5, just search for MGS RISING the story will be about Raidan this time not Snake

yeah kojama said that Snake will remain a PS exclusive character for now.

#244 May 15 2010

Gomez012

I'm really getting to enjoy Fallout 3.
At times I can be a saint, and at others I'm a crazy asshole who kills everyone

#245 May 15 2010

kareem_nasser

you mean any Snake.
thnx Gomez you reminded me that there are used FO3 games at Nino(he should  give me discounts:P)

Last edited by kareem_nasser (May 15 2010)

#246 May 15 2010

WizaRd

kareem_nasser wrote:

(he should  give me discounts:P)

Haha, good luck!

#247 May 15 2010

elchebib

kareem_nasser wrote:

you mean any Snake.
thnx Gomez you reminded me that there are used FO3 games at Nino(he should  give me discounts:P)

Get the game of the year edition. It contains all of the expansion packs that were released.

#248 May 15 2010

elchebib

Finished from God of War Collection (God of War 1). Impressions: Great action game, combat mechanics and variety of enemies. Interesting level designs and awesome boss battles. In addition, it has an interesting story which is something I didn't expect.
Bioshock 2 online: great game something along the lines of Quake 3 but more tactical. Still has an online community. You can easily find games during the weekend with great connections.

Moving on to:
Call of Duty: World at War
Uncharted 2: online play

Cheers

#249 May 15 2010

kareem_nasser

Man you are fast on that, i am trying my best on MGS4. As for game of the year well i am not that much excited to play MGO.
@Elchebib: Weird you didnt play any of the 2 GoW games on ps2?

Last edited by kareem_nasser (May 15 2010)

#250 May 15 2010

elchebib

kareem_nasser wrote:

Man you are fast on that, i am trying my best on MGS4. As for game of the year well i am not that much excited to play MGO.

Don't try man. MGO will waste your time and quota for the month. It has a huge update and once you get to try to play it, you'll lag big time.

Board footer