LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#226 April 17 2009

proners

Re: Feedback for VISP

Lebscream wrote:

i have 5GBs down  am not happy mate but what can i do i tried mobi in my area signle suck and VISP talking alot of time to fix problems i dont like quota i hate keep watching what am doing and cant view cam on my msn affraid about my quota ... i know it not good thing but it will help me tell VISP get everything back on ....

yeah it's good to have an alternative, so if a company messes up, you switch showing it that you have an alternative...
about ddl speed in uTorrent, it went up from 5-10 KBps to 15-20 KBps, small improvement, but keep up the good work :) and push it even further

#227 April 17 2009

hussam

nuclearcat wrote:
hussam wrote:

I think what's happening is that before the incident, gaming was possible all day apart from 8 PM till 11 PM (only broken for 3 hours) because of high traffic hours. Now it dies at around 11 AM and works again only at 2AM after midnight (broken for ~15 hours). So it's probably the current low bandwidth capacity and the people who download all day to blame.

There is no QoS for gaming right now mostly. And sadly to do it, now is more complicated, and will take time. But it will be done.

Ok, well any improvement will be very welcome. Will it happen before or after the switch to Ogero's line?

#228 April 17 2009

Kareem

You do not want to throw your money do you ? I advise you to stay away from Ogero. They are using people.

#229 April 17 2009

nuclearcat

Kareem - for ISP there is no other way. Ogero want only THEIR backbone to be in Lebanon and they have law behind them. Now they close few companies around lebanon, and cut probably 50% of capacity "others" bring in country. So welcome to new world.

#230 April 17 2009

Kareem

well nuclearcat we count on you guys. you know I still believe VISP is going to make it. I dont know why but as they say, when there is a will, there is a way.

#231 April 17 2009

rolf

Kareem wrote:

well nuclearcat we count on you guys. you know I still believe VISP is going to make it. I dont know why but as they say, when there is a will, there is a way.

Well believing is good, but some effort is good too.

Last edited by rolf (April 17 2009)

#232 April 17 2009

hussam

nuclearcat wrote:

Kareem - for ISP there is no other way. Ogero want only THEIR backbone to be in Lebanon and they have law behind them. Now they close few companies around lebanon, and cut probably 50% of capacity "others" bring in country. So welcome to new world.

I don't have a land phone line so I can't use dialup but even dialup ISP like terranet have to use Ogero's backbone? Does Ogero have the bandwidth capacity to support all ISPs?

#233 April 17 2009

nuclearcat

ALL have to use. As u see minister appearing frequently at TV and reporting about "illegal" that they shut down.
Funny thing, they dont have capacity. So they won't give for ISP, but they can grab users of this ISP.

Last edited by nuclearcat (April 17 2009)

#234 April 17 2009

Nabz

Kareem wrote:

Connection is fine so far, I hope MSN service will get better, It used to be the fastest thing VISP offers, Now it lags too much. Browsing is great, and finally download rate :

http://www.speedtest.net/result/453882036.png

Serioulsy Kareem...I've been around different Lebanese forums for the past few weeks and you are the ONLY one I've seen with VISP who gets download speeds that high...and you're only paying LL50,000 per month...if I could get a download speed of 2mbps or more I would get a subscription with VISP today...what's your secret?

Last edited by Nabz (April 17 2009)

#235 April 17 2009

Lebscream

Nabz wrote:
Kareem wrote:

Connection is fine so far, I hope MSN service will get better, It used to be the fastest thing VISP offers, Now it lags too much. Browsing is great, and finally download rate :

Serioulsy Kareem...I've been around different Lebanese forums for the past few weeks and you are the ONLY one I've seen with VISP who gets download speeds that high...and you're only paying LL50,000 per month...if I could get a download speed of 2mbps or more I would get a subscription with VISP today...what's your secret?

that what i said lol i know 30 40 users arround me VISP and even the resellers in my friends and they dont have the same kareem internet showing i dont know what 2 say he is lucky person

#236 April 17 2009

---()--()---

Update : I cannot download from rapidshare / most DDL sites during day time. I can only download on night when few people are online.

Is this intentional ? How long will it last ?

#237 April 17 2009

Kareem

Nabz wrote:
Kareem wrote:

I really do not know guys. It is just my Sub-ISP that is managing the bandwidth maybe. Perhaps he is paying too much for VISP because he has lots of subscribers.;) I have no Idea maybe nuclearcat could explain.. Now it is 6:30PM.. Its like around 4mbps :

454321307.png

Last edited by Kareem (April 17 2009)

#238 April 17 2009

Lebscream

maybe he has download barane 3arayet el lebneneye lol

#239 April 17 2009

hussam

I spoke to my reseller and he said all bandwidth management / port priorities are at ISP. He can't do anything locally. Is that true or is he bluffing?

#240 April 17 2009

Kareem

I cannot tell, only nuclearcat can answer such question. But I remember my reseller used to have plans like 128/256/512kbps. Everything he does is to login to pi.globalproof.net and add users there and mac addresses and things like quota /day. I do not know if things have changed or not.

#241 April 17 2009

Kareem

BTW, for those who are asking about Tarik jdideh internet connection. My reseller is located there. Although I am not but almost close. jnah :rolleyes:

#242 April 17 2009

Lebscream

le Kareem my friend asked patrick sa7eb cherket el VISP 3an ure account 1gb quota/day and Patrick said mabya3ref iza 3ndon hek aw ma3ndon nese chou alo bass kenet 23ed 7ado bass keno 3am ye7ko 3al msn sa7be 3ndo 2 pi men VISP walla wa7ad feyon account 1gb/day with 2mb download eno he will use it iza fy lol

#243 April 17 2009

Kareem

are you sure ? :)
http://customer.visp.net.lb

Customer information

Attention! Fair usage policy updated!

Username     *****
Speed Receive/Send    2048000/256000
Account type    Home, Economy package
Burst      +
Customer Support   
Password change   

Various settings and servers
Customer support: Customer Support/Service feedback Form
If you want to: Change password
Fair Usage Policy System: FUP Information
Online gaming in lebanon: http://games.visp.net.lb/
Music, movies, ringtones and other content shared by lebanese users: http://v-enjoy.visp.net.lb/

#244 April 17 2009

Lebscream

Account type    Home, Economy package
you kidding me lol

Username *****
Speed Receive/Send 128000/56000
Status 
Bandwidth Abuse 
Expiration 2009-04-18 00:00:00
Account type Home, Economy package
Burst 
Customer Support 
Password change 

Various settings and servers DNS 80.83.17.2
SMTP usermail.globalproof.net
Customer support: Customer Support/Service feedback Form
If you want to: Change password
Fair Usage Policy System: FUP Information
Online gaming in lebanon: http://games.visp.net.lb/
Music, movies, ringtones and other content shared by lebanese users: http://v-enjoy.visp.net.lb/

#245 April 17 2009

Lebscream

so how the 2 account is same type  different speed so for sure he has download barane yalla bokra bewa2fo lol

#246 April 17 2009

Nabz

Eh ma this is what I couldn't understand...inno Kareem is paying the price of a 256kbps broadband connection from VISP and he's getting 2mbps (actually...that's like his minimum, he's getting faster than that). The fastest broadband connection listed on VISPs website is 512kbps and that's for $77/month...so like you said Lebscream his reseller probably has additional download capacity from elsewhere.

Also, I wanted to ask, on the VISP website it says that they have their own DSL up to 4mbps and it is already available in Beirut...but no further details.

http://www.visp.net.lb/dsl.php

Does anyone know anything about this VISP DSL?

#247 April 17 2009

Lebscream

No man VISP has no DSL i asked in this forum wbta3ref blabla ...

#248 April 17 2009

Lebscream

Wbad3n khalena ne7ke mante2 la n2ol Kareem ISP 3ndo 10mb down ma32eno ma7da in lebanon 3ndo 10Mb/s download bass khalena n2ol 3ndo 10 w2eza 3ndo 50 zbon 3ateyon same kareem account la2ena rkhesa kter rkhesa wel 50 zbon tenyen 3ateyon 1Mbs down maba3ref ady up adker mech kter la2eno anja2 3ndo 512dedicated up w 50 zbon 512down ya3ne 150 zbon iza 2olna 30 zbon men taba3 el 2mb tel3o on w3mlo download bass lal limit taba3on ya3ne el wa7ad 1gb hol 20GB wtaba3 el 1mb 3am ya3mlo streaming msn mirc blabla 3am yesma3o aghane wel tab3 el 512 30 zbon 3am ya3mlo bass chatting msn  ma 7alabowa la3no ema lal connection hol 7sebowa ana bzon hayda 3ndo Burst w testspeed mabada aktar men chi 1mb download so 3am ya3te kareem burst la n2ol 1 2 3 mins wbyerja3 internet tabe3eye hek bzon bass t2ele wa7ad ya3te 2mb by 60 alf le byet3ata aw be7achech  kareem s2ale yeh bemed wireless da7ye

#249 April 17 2009

Lebscream

Kareem wrote:
Nabz wrote:
Kareem wrote:

I really do not know guys. It is just my Sub-ISP that is managing the bandwidth maybe. Perhaps he is paying too much for VISP because he has lots of subscribers.;) I have no Idea maybe nuclearcat could explain.. Now it is 6:30PM.. Its like around 4mbps :

http://www.speedtest.net/result/454321307.png

I have no Idea maybe nuclearcat could explain.. Now it is 6:30PM.. Its like around 4mbps : nuclearcat wont explain cause he doesnt have any thing 2 say 3a shway la7 y2elak leek pls feye 2a3tek hal kam link wta3mele download 3ndak elon

#250 April 17 2009

Nabz

Lebscream wrote:

Wbad3n khalena ne7ke mante2 la n2ol Kareem ISP 3ndo 10mb down ma32eno ma7da in lebanon 3ndo 10Mb/s download bass khalena n2ol 3ndo 10 w2eza 3ndo 50 zbon 3ateyon same kareem account la2ena rkhesa kter rkhesa wel 50 zbon tenyen 3ateyon 1Mbs down maba3ref ady up adker mech kter la2eno anja2 3ndo 512dedicated up w 50 zbon 512down ya3ne 150 zbon iza 2olna 30 zbon men taba3 el 2mb tel3o on w3mlo download bass lal limit taba3on ya3ne el wa7ad 1gb hol 20GB wtaba3 el 1mb 3am ya3mlo streaming msn mirc blabla 3am yesma3o aghane wel tab3 el 512 30 zbon 3am ya3mlo bass chatting msn  ma 7alabowa la3no ema lal connection hol 7sebowa ana bzon hayda 3ndo Burst w testspeed mabada aktar men chi 1mb download so 3am ya3te kareem burst la n2ol 1 2 3 mins wbyerja3 internet tabe3eye hek bzon bass t2ele wa7ad ya3te 2mb by 60 alf le byet3ata aw be7achech  kareem s2ale yeh bemed wireless da7ye

Yeah I thought it was due to burst as well before but I asked Kareem in the other thread and this is what he said:

"no they have much more but actually because It is a SubISP. My reseller is managing the speed. I am not a direct customer. However I get a minimum of 2mbps and with burst it gets up tp 8mbps"

So it seems he really is getting that speed...Kareem's a lucky guy

Board footer