LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 January 6 2007

Dark_angel
Banned

Re: Unlimited is not unlimited after all!

teodorgeorgiev wrote:

And how is it if you have a problem with another ISP? How much time it takes you to take a reply at least?

Or we are talking the "arabic" way --> "I will say only the part of the truth that is favourable to me, the other part, even if it is also true, I will not mention it,

What I can tell you is - we tried to run the unlimited connection. But our mistake is - we are really dealing with abusers. It is the fact, you know it even more than me. The only difference between me and you on this is that this fact is unfavourable for you.

Here at my place I also have the unlimited connection. But trust me, if run it 24x7 (leaving my PC to
download when I sleep or whilst I am at work), the ISP will call me and ask me to upgrade to a corporate account.
I just checked my traffic, I barely reach the 10GB limit (the avegage is 8.3GB). I also download e-books, read articles, download some patches, music.

And btw, I am buying my games from the shop. It is not just that you are poor and I am rich, it is in the mentality.

And I know what you will tell me - I am poor, I can not afford to pay for the legal games. Ok, Joseph, we are also poor, we do not want to go bankrupt by allowing to all the abusers to leach 24x7.

And the last thing I will tell you is something from the Bible - "Throw a stone at me those you who have less sins than me".

It is OK, to critizise us if you have less sins than us. We ran the free dial-up connection. What some Lebanese did - they started to sell this connection for money to people who have little clue of PCs. Why don't you criticise these people?

Why don't you criticise the people who buy a home account and share it between the entire building or
run business on it (downloading movies, mp3s and games and selling them for money).

When I asked you what does your father work, you ran away directly from the question?
Why, Joseph?  The "guilty consciene"?

Because maybe your father is one of these taxi drivers who try to convince me that $1 = 1000LB, by abusing my lack of knowledge on the local tariffs. Or one of these car mechanics, who steal good-condition parts
from your car by replacing them with worse ones. Or these water-plumbing technicians, who leave your
water pipes in awful condition so water starts leaking after a month or two?

Why don't you open face to face? It is good to shoot with the bow hiding inside a bush. All the people now see VISP face, let them see yours also!

Prove to all of us that you have less sins that us and then criticise us to the bottom.

Look at the mountain of rubbish in your backyard first, not on the small hill in the backyard of your neighbour.

At least we tried. To give a decent connection. But yes - the abusers are a lot. And due to them the regular
people always suffer.

Why don't you criticise Ogero and some of the other ISPs for using dirty tricks to bring us down?

Rolf "kindly" refused to call Ogero and ask for an explanation... But I did not - I call Alfa (the mobile operator) and blamed them directly in being crooks by using illegal VoIP for their international phone lines (and then selling it to us as a regular international phone call). I called them with all the right words they deserve
to hear. I am not afraid, because I know that I am right. I know how to demand "what is mine" and I
know WHERE TO DEMAND IT FROM.

Until you shoot hiding in the bushes and shooting at the wrong direction - you won't have what I have.

The abuser word belongs to your dictionary not ours ( heavy users ).

When you build your whole conversation on assumptions, you can't move the discussion one step forward. Just deal with facts.

Here is an interesting question : Do you guys adopt the same culture while debating with your customers? by bringing real world examples and plug them into the discussion and make a comparison between unrelated subjects and terms.

What truth are you talking about? does the truth dictate not to use our rights as subscribers to an unlimited connection and download what we need from the internet.

The truth is that you guys are hiding  behind the unlimited keyword ( that has a different meaning in your dictionary) to attract more users.

When you guys have experienced what I am experiencing now, why you don't just warn your customers about it before they subscribe to one of your accounts? or it is just the game's rules?

And please don't talk to me about mentality and classify people the way you like, No one knows the amount of effort Developers put to create one game that take them years and millions of dollars to develop, we all want to support them and buy their games ( mainly for developers that aren't independent and they rely on publishers to finish their games). When it comes to the gaming industry, let me just talk on behalf of you.

So please don't tell me things that I do know, debate with me on something that I don't know cause what I know, I know it well and I maintain a high level of professionalism while executing my knowledge.

Never ask me questions out of context/process, You will never get answers to such questions. You can conclude many things but these things are all based on assumptions and self-logic deduction.

I am not the one who is hiding behind the bush, it is you guys hiding behind the unlimited keyword. Just bring items from the current discussion/problem domain and manipulate them here. Don't let your mind goes behind your immagination to catch undesired/vague/irrelevant examples.

A big applaud for you guys for bringing many free services to your customers but it is part of the game, isn't it?

How can I trust you anymore if you guys can't keep up with what you are saying?

Last edited by Dark_angel (January 6 2007)

#27 January 6 2007

Dark_angel
Banned

nuclearcat wrote:

Dark_angel - about same air, you are right. The same ogero, the same prices, the same delays of installation...
You must expect such things, all other ISP's more old than us, and they hit a wall, that only few percent of users - making 30% of bandwidth load. We are not red cross, and we dont have saudi chartiable foundation behind us, and to survive in this market - we have to do the same.
If it's worry you too much, you can PM me your username, for remaining billing period i can delete your traffic, but only one time, it will give you back speed, because system will forget your old traffic.  But you will have to think about amounts of downloads.

I appreciate your help man.

How can I control my amounts of download if I don't know the limitation per month?

Guide me!

#28 January 6 2007

nuclearcat

I am preparing interface, where customer can watch statistic and recommendations.

Why we cannot give clear number? Easy.

If it will be in result same as quota account, customer will consume bandwidth till last drop. This means we will have to put strict commercial price on account, and finally it will be too high for a customer. If we dont put strict numbers, there is chance, some users will not consume all their paid traffic, so other users can have some traffic extra.

System must be more flexible, when i will add also free or at least more "cheap" night downloads. In my plans, if system will work ok, and release some bw at day - to change customer accounts at night, so they can have extra speed at night and download much more at night. As result - here cannot be any strict number now.

#29 January 6 2007

nuclearcat

By the way i dont see any message in my PM from you.

#30 January 6 2007

Dark_angel
Banned

nuclearcat wrote:

I am preparing interface, where customer can watch statistic and recommendations.

Excellent! I will see how I can adapt my download needs to respect such recommendations.

#31 January 6 2007

karim

@nuclearcat: how come you guys are the only one offering DSL to corporate customers?? i called all the other isps (idm, cyberia...) and you are the only ones who are offering DSL.
i found that very weird. any feedback on that?

#32 January 6 2007

nuclearcat

What is strange here? We have equipment, we have engineers, we have capacity - we sell and use them. In lebanon many things weird, regarding internet connection. About other ISP's, i cannot talk, i am not sales, and dont have idea what is happening with competitors :-)

Dark_angel - you account is reset, you can enjoy full speed now.

#33 January 6 2007

Dark_angel
Banned

^^^
Yeah, just test it thx.

#34 January 6 2007

karim

@nuclearcat: i signed the contract, and it is on my desk, ready to be faxed back on monday... i'll just ask the sale person i talked to about this, cus i'm curious to know.

by the way, when i asked the cyberia salesman about why they don't have dsl and you guys have dsl, he said you're probably selling something else and naming it dsl... so i tell the salesman that it's over phone lines and all and he starts talking about leased lines and stuff... i'm like: buddy, call it whatever you want, this is the quality and quantity i want. can you provide it for this much dinero?? his answer was: let me send you my best offer (by fax) which went straight to the paper shredder btw...

as long as you guys provide the bandwidth promised, and the uptime advertised, i guess we'll all be happy. :)

#35 January 7 2007

nuclearcat

About ADSL - i can show you our DSLAM's. And if you are in coverage area, and everything will be fine - you will see by your eyes ADSL modem, connected to us.
Only one possible weak point - Ogero cables. We had one cafe in bourj hammoud, with ADSL, it was on each raining going down, because of the poor SNR, finally we connect him over our wireless, because Ogero is not thinking even to fix a problem. In same time, most of the ADSL clients ok, and dont have issues.

Last edited by nuclearcat (January 7 2007)

#36 January 7 2007

WizaRd

latencies are ?

#37 January 7 2007

nuclearcat

for now the same - 600-800ms, when Ogero bring for us fiber (they are promissing each week), will be much lower.

#38 January 7 2007

WizaRd

but you see.. at Neo in ashrafieh, i dont know what connection they have but it does amazingly ~450ms (that was at 3pm).

i think for the time being i'll just stay on my connection since i cannot afford to pay $300+ for installation and all to get a connection 200ms faster :)

i guess i'll have to blame ogero

#39 January 7 2007

nuclearcat

We have customers who is "sitting" on our available terresterial capacities.
64 bytes from XXX.com (88.85.65.XXX): icmp_seq=1 ttl=61 time=245 ms
64 bytes from XXX.com (88.85.65.XXX): icmp_seq=2 ttl=61 time=245 ms
64 bytes from XXX.com (88.85.65.XXX): icmp_seq=3 ttl=61 time=250 ms
But we cannot put new customers in it, already 100% is sold.

But you are right, if RTT is critical for you, better to stay "as is", if everything else is fine.

#40 January 8 2007

rolf

y dont u cheat and route ICMP only through your terrestrial network so that everyone will think u have super low latencies

#41 January 8 2007

mezin

teodorgeorgiev wrote:
unforgiven wrote:

bass 13 gb ? i can abuse mine for up to 750mb x 30 = 22.5 gb ... but the 750 limit here can be bypassed to approx 900mb

In Lebanon you can drive as fast as you want and no police man will stop you.
But the roads are really crappy on some places. There are no rules, everyone can hit you and he is not to blame.
And...by driving at this high speed you can kill a child... ...

In Europe, there are strict speed limitations. There are rules on the road and traffic-police officers who watch
for these rules. The roads are very good though and car accidents with lethal character happen less than in Lebanon.

So, for whom is Lebanon the better thing? For the brainless idiots  = road murderers.

i failed to see how that is related to what i just said.

If you mean to tell me that the Lebanese tend to bend the rules then you are quite right, but it so does happen that if my ISP is being disturbed by what i am doing in any way i'd be more than glad due to millions of reasons that i don't feel like posting here. If that is not what you meant then might you re explain ?

#42 January 8 2007

Padre

Reply from 64.233.161.99: bytes=32 time=324ms TTL=249
Reply from 64.233.161.99: bytes=32 time=262ms TTL=249
Reply from 64.233.161.99: bytes=32 time=230ms TTL=249
Reply from 64.233.161.99: bytes=32 time=306ms TTL=249
Reply from 64.233.161.99: bytes=32 time=342ms TTL=249

that's during peak time, else it can drop to 170 that's the lowest i ever got to google

#43 January 8 2007

rolf

Padre wrote:

Reply from 64.233.161.99: bytes=32 time=324ms TTL=249
Reply from 64.233.161.99: bytes=32 time=262ms TTL=249
Reply from 64.233.161.99: bytes=32 time=230ms TTL=249
Reply from 64.233.161.99: bytes=32 time=306ms TTL=249
Reply from 64.233.161.99: bytes=32 time=342ms TTL=249

that's during peak time, else it can drop to 170 that's the lowest i ever got to google

What provider???

#44 January 9 2007

Padre

WISE Corporate, it dosent really matter, as long as ur sitting on a land line.

Last edited by Padre (January 9 2007)

#45 January 9 2007

Dark_angel
Banned

Yeah, Wise has some decent latency but the amount of bandwith limitation per account is just horrible.

you have like 2 GB per month for a 256 Kbps connection.

#46 January 9 2007

rolf

Sorry, off topic, but do you have any idea about the upload quotas of wise?

#47 January 9 2007

Padre

yeah, cuper crap, like 250 megs for the 45$ one and 400 for the 75$

#48 January 9 2007

rolf

ok
thanks

Last edited by rolf (January 9 2007)

#49 January 10 2007

Halo

Padre, I have a question for you, I read on Wise's website that if you do pass the limit, you pay to get more megabytes, but if you don't pay, you will still be able to browse the internet, just at lower speeds, how low are we talking here, if you know?

BTW, have you ever played online, Padre? Is it nice?  I'm thinking of getting VISP, how much would it's latencies be (the broadband silver connection) to like google?

#50 January 10 2007

Padre

we got 512 now :) and some kind of night download rules. its nice

it's pretty crappy when u exceed teh limit, around 2.5 to 3 sometimes 4 but never above 4KBps.

Board footer