LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 11 2006

CSGeek

Security Coding

Hai.
I was wondering if any of you guys is aware of the different types of security breaches that may result from insecure programming in C such as Buffer Overflows/Heap Overflows/Format Strings and practise writing *NIX exploits as a hobby or even someone interested in reverse engineering/asm please let me know... Maybe we could exchange some information regarding this specific field of computing

Last edited by CSGeek (September 11 2006)

#2 September 11 2006

samer
Admin

Re: Security Coding

I'm sure a lot of us are interested, so feel free to post whatever topic regarding these issues.

#3 September 11 2006

Padre

how does this fall under "CS" in your name ?
im not an expert in the feild , but i know lots of them.
i've reversed some progs and written some stack overflows exploit, no heap tho. i did some format string too :)
now lets see what you need ...and more specifically .... WHY you need it

#4 September 11 2006

teodorgeorgiev

Padre, I am even worse by you. I am an expert in the field - know everything, but "can nothing" of it :-D

CSGeek, spit it out directly - which ISP do you want to hack ?

Just to let you know that now the GCC/G++ has very good Buffer/Stack Overflows/Heap Overflows protection by itself, so they are leaving much less chance to the unexperienced UNIX C socket programmer to write an insecure program :) So to say... ...

And you will find maximum 2 people here, who can do UNIX C socket programming... :)
What to talk about Assembly under Linux :)

#5 September 11 2006

Padre

nice Teo !!

CSGeek, spit it out directly - which ISP do you want to hack ?

althought im not an expert in hacking, but hacking into lebanese ISP's was a walk in the park, couple of years back i had a list of *ALL* accounts for the three major ISP's in lebanon...along with pretty much "other things"  (not cyberia tho :'()
....the old days.....
im just an old guy playing games now

#6 September 12 2006

CSGeek

Can't we dig more into this field for educational purposes? or maybe later for making security research development? Don’t you find it pleasant to see the elite Lebanese people meet in favor of these topics?

I am aware of some of the techniques that make it hard for you to write buffer overflows such as "stack randomization on linux/randomized address spaces..." but still, there are papers being released everyday on the web focused on how to defeat those techniques i.e http://www.stanford.edu/~blp/papers/asrandom.pdf

Last edited by CSGeek (May 10 2011)

Board footer