LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 November 13 2004

Ragnar78

Re: Another VB6 problem to solve

is king still alive? i was hoping he could give the answer of the problem he posted

#27 November 22 2004

Sami

what's going on in here

#28 January 21 2005

alateos

There are no such thing as pointers in VB6, but I guess you can call an api function and it will use a byte or an integer, to give the api function a pointer address.

And btw, I don't know VB6, bass sheftak ktir 7ebib 7adan yjewbak, elet what the heck   

And concerning the second problem you had, maybe you should try forums that are more specialized in programming languages, because people there are professionals in the specific language. And I'm sure they can help you better, I think you know that!

Really ? Maybe you should look into these VB6 functions: VarPtr, StrPtr, ObjPtr and AddressOf. Go ahead and enlighten yourself about the real power of VB6.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.as … -us;199824  ;)
and
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau … raries.asp  ;)
You thought you knew VB6..   Anyway thanx for the advice concerning the other topic, but I already found an alternative for using the CallBack, it was easier to let the library queue the events and then extract them one by one.

That's the real power of VB6? lol

#29 January 21 2005

Ragnar78

here by power he meant he can do things other can't...
Anyway, i've been trying to find some use for these pointers.
The only thing that might be helpful is for example using the StrPtr with an input box:

X= inputbox blablabla

if strptr(X) =0 then blablabla ' here it refers to the cancel button being used and not a null value retrieved

other than this, i haven't been able to find any use of them (except in Qbasic probably

:lol: )

#30 April 8 2005

rolf

This thread is so funny that I cracked my lip again (with the comment about a long variable pointing at a string )

But seriously, just an advice. I'm not good at VB6, but you might want to post some code to illustrate your question, it'll make it easyer for those who want to help you.
ooooh, it was a trick question....

#31 September 8 2005

Padre

lol what u can do is pass the pointer to a function that takes a string by ref and u got it, it's the first thing that comes to my mind. Sorry but i dont really use pointers under VB, just go to C when u need em . VB is really powerfull enough underwindows without heavy pointer usage

Board footer