LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 September 14 2005

mahdoum

Re: Curiosity - How many people know how to program

UML sounds interesting, but I'll learn it side by side when i learn a new language (maybe c++ or java)

#27 September 14 2005

fnzahar

the fact, if you could go into the charts, and take your time, on them, trust me it's better than making code and maintain that code....

UML improved 80% from later maintenance if you made a good analysis from the first place 

#28 September 15 2005

Padre

fnzahar ....u seem like advertizing for UML
each and everycode has his own way to visualize, build a concept and code. I know lots of excellent coders that can't just see themselves using UML. But it's a good practice

#29 September 15 2005

fnzahar

UML, is a solution , trust me......

UML, is a perfect way to build a system, and analyse evrething before you will envolve your self in any code....

second, you will have a development document archive, for staff with you to see and build....

the third part, if you will be an administrator for a development team,
uml make things easier for the enterprises, cause evrething is on papers, and it ain't related to individual programmers to programme there own way withougt a study...

if the programmer is changed or dead or whatever, the system won't die or change with the programmer, thanks for the papers of development...

in other words, uml is like a map for the system , a catalogue to tell any developer how the system works , to continue working on the system and fast + easy understand and continue the development...

get me padre 

#30 March 21 2006

LebaneseChiphead

All of you software dudes,  when are you going to cross to the other side "Hardware", I should not had ask "when" because U guys have no sense of time, it takes you three to six month to write a program and U think that was great timing " very short period", meanwhile in my hardware world a 1 millisecond is way too much time.
Back to the subject:

what do U think of Paython....?

#31 March 21 2006

mahdoum

lol chip head , never used python :s

#32 March 21 2006

LebaneseChiphead wrote:

All of you software dudes,  when are you going to cross to the other side "Hardware", I should not had ask "when" because U guys have no sense of time, it takes you three to six month to write a program and U think that was great timing " very short period", meanwhile in my hardware world a 1 millisecond is way too much time.
Back to the subject:

what do U think of Paython....?

If it wasnt for our applications your hardware will be useless.  If it wasn't for bill gates you would of been happy with 10ms and 1mb of ram

Any IT guys here, or are you all into comp science ?

Python is used in several game engines so its gotta be good at something.

Last edited by NewBie (March 21 2006)

#33 March 22 2006

LebaneseChiphead

How that ya newbie, How R U going to run ur application that is a memory hog!!! without hardware, Beside hardware had been used way before any programing was born yet,  programing  was a reaction to the expanding nature of the hardware, Now hardware is used in so many fileds not only in computer.
tell when all universities added sowftware or IT majors to their programs? what year? was it before or after  Atari and comadores came out. 

#34 March 22 2006

mahdoum

So what came first the chicken or the egg?

#35 March 22 2006

battikh

software/hardware is diiferent from chicken/egg. chicken comes from the egg, and the egg comes from chicken, u can't have one without the other.
but in software/harware u can have hardware without software. You can make a LED turn on and off with an RC circuit with only a capacitor and a resistor (fully hardware), or with a software.
So it's definitly the hardware that came first, software is an addon to the hardware.

#36 March 23 2006

LebaneseChiphead

Battikh, Thank you khayi for supporting my argument, I do not feel lonely anymore  in this softawre  programers and IT  jungle. Hey I  am announcing the evlution of the " Lebanesehardwaregeekcrew"
So far we are two
1- Chips IMR
2- Battikh

I am just kidding  forgive me , pretty soon someone will accuse us "yes me and you battikh "  of a  evil conspirasy to take over this board .
Long live the "Lebanesehardwaregeekcrew"

#37 March 23 2006

mahdoum

;) I'm all for hardware and software, I just started doing electric circuits and analysing circuits.

#38 March 23 2006

LebaneseChiphead

lol mahdoum.. You cannot have both, there is nothing between Heaven and hell, either one so make up your mind : Repeat after me: I am crossing to the hardware side. I am crossing to the hardware s.... I am.....

Anyway, I have to ask newbie if you will be accepted since we are a Democracy in the hardware side no code limitations  oooops I mean software limitations.

Again, Good for U mahdoum try to focus on Computer architecture classes and computer Buses like VLSI and focus on some hardware languages like VHDL and Verilog.. if they are available.
R U studying in the USA or in Lebanon?? :)
Chips IMR

#39 March 23 2006

mahdoum

AUB, actually majoring in electrical engineering. So dunno finding the course hard failing it actually :S

#40 March 25 2006

mir

in my hardware world a 1 millisecond is way too much time.

do u mean u can make a new kind of motherboard in 1ms
I think the difference is that when u build a system,it takes time
i can write a single batch code program using nothing but a text file in 1 sec

w ba3dena shu haidi, making ppl cross on the hardware side...houjoum !!! 
u are so dead chiphead !

#41 March 25 2006

mahdoum

lol chiphead vs. mir. We need a poll

#42 March 28 2006

KingRhye

"Hardware and software don't compete with each other, but complete each other" - Me, just came up with it :)

#43 March 28 2006

mahdoum

not bad ;)

#44 March 29 2006

LebaneseChiphead

King , that was a good one :)
Mir, no we need more than 1 ms, but my point was " Software Dudes can fix anything by writing a small  fix or a patch" so they do not have to do it perfect the first time, and it is free to fix" but in my Hardware world, If I do one mistake I have to respin the chip, and that cost another 500K, so I had to make sure I do it correct the 1st time, got my point?
so when R U Crossing to the hardware side ? I will make U a captain ;) after newbie agree :)

#45 March 29 2006

True hardware and software complete eachother.  But remember that they didnt know what to do with the altair8800 until software was introduced

#46 March 30 2006

mir

" Software Dudes can fix anything by writing a small  fix or a patch" so they do not have to do it perfect the first time, and it is free to fix" but in my Hardware world, If I do one mistake I have to respin the chip, and that cost another 500K, so I had to make sure I do it correct the 1st time, got my point?

Have you heard about real time Mission Critical software[i actually can't remember the exact technical name] (like software that control planes ...oh! how much an error would cost, not only money..but human lives lool)
Who said it is okey to do mistakes in Softwares and then do all those Fixes and Patches ?(2imo Microsoft 3ala Janab )
Maybe it seems Okey..cuz we've been downloading patches and fixes...and worrying about the ones we will have to download tommorrow!

It is not free..it will cost you money,development times and fixes usually weaken ur system,you are no longer sure about ur data until ur system crashes down..so u decide to start a new one

Not all the Time Errors can be corrected or Data Recovered.. and it is such a Headache

So it is better if we all get it at the first time.... but the Marketing Guy has to shut his mouth and stop selling unfinished software until i tell him i am done.

i do not have the skills to cross to the hardware side... khalass i grew in here..got used to the place 
give me small motivation to look at the other side other than building my Microwave weapon

Last edited by mir (March 30 2006)

#47 April 4 2006

LebaneseChiphead

Mir, I would love to help U build ur microwave weapon, but Hoesntly, I signed the order of  Engineers when I graduated at my university : It prohibits me from working on any research on weapons or any other research that can harm humanity by direct or indirect way, they gave me a ring that I wear in my working hand to remind me of what I signed :)
Chips IMR

#48 April 4 2006

karxix

i know uml, c++, php, actionscript, javascript, html, css, mirc back then
1st 2 from univ
the rest from experience (since 95), am good to advanced in the mentioned

Last edited by karxix (April 4 2006)

#49 April 4 2006

rolf

Well, since this thread has started, I have learnt PERL :)

#50 April 4 2006

karxix

great
i have a script for u to modify
feel like doing it ?

Board footer