LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 17 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

Raspberry pi 3 B only red light

Hey so I have owned my rpi3 model b for the past couple years and it worked fine until i left it for like 2months and when i tried to boot it up i had no luck, it only has a red light and the green is not turning on, i even tried reflashing the os using the official raspbian flasher and found no luck, anyone know a fix or a shop that can fix it?

#2 April 17 2021

samer
Admin

Re: Raspberry pi 3 B only red light

Check this thread, it might help you: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view … 28&t=58151

Have you tried to use another SD card?

#3 April 17 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

i saw it before and it didnt help, and i tried otther sd cards and its the same, and i tried the sd card on my pi zero and the green light  was flashing on it, so i suspect the sd card reader might be broken, because i also checked if my 3v3 and 5v output are working and they are

#4 April 18 2021

samer
Admin

If your ACT led is not blinking rapidly on boot, then yes your Pi can not read your SD card.

The ACT LED is essential in determining if the Pi can actually read from the card. for non RPI4's It indicates that it can read from the card by blinking, If the ACT LED doesn't blink quickly in an irregular pattern for at least twenty seconds, this indicates that the Pi cannot read from the SD card, and that booting is not taking place

Sorry, I don't have recommendations for shops to fix it, but I know that EKT/Katranji sells RPi so it may be worth asking them if they can fix it.

#5 April 18 2021

yourlocalfbiagent

ok thank you very much i will give them a call

Board footer