LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 December 23 2020

wollyka

Re: openmptcprouter setup and ping overhead

RandomMemory wrote:

Well for some reason the VPN tunnel always shows as down but it's still bonding if that's what you mean by single mode. This setup is expensive for someone who is not working remotely or getting paid in USD. It's 150k LBP for local wireless guy where the speed goes from 20mbit at 5 am to 7 at 12 pm to 3.5 after 4 pm. Terranet is 12mbps at 270K LBP. so I guess around 420 a month. For me, this lets me do my work extremely efficiently and removes every headache I've had for the past 5 years, so 100% worth it. Also local cable resellers seem to always have high upload speeds for some reason and ogero says my max line speed is 1mbps (imagine 1mbps in 2020)

Terranet is 12Mbps all day? or does it fluctuate? what is its upload speed alone?

#27 December 23 2020

Beta0

wollyka wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

Well for some reason the VPN tunnel always shows as down but it's still bonding if that's what you mean by single mode. This setup is expensive for someone who is not working remotely or getting paid in USD. It's 150k LBP for local wireless guy where the speed goes from 20mbit at 5 am to 7 at 12 pm to 3.5 after 4 pm. Terranet is 12mbps at 270K LBP. so I guess around 420 a month. For me, this lets me do my work extremely efficiently and removes every headache I've had for the past 5 years, so 100% worth it. Also local cable resellers seem to always have high upload speeds for some reason and ogero says my max line speed is 1mbps (imagine 1mbps in 2020)

Terranet is 12Mbps all day? or does it fluctuate? what is its upload speed alone?

I'll update the image at night if vnstat does not clip few hours, this is from yesterday 12AM till now, wan2 is terranet 2mbit plan. I would be interested to see if the 12mbit plan is the same, I had 10mbit for 2 months with no issues but that was almost 2 years ago.
Downloading MSFS whopping 150GB :)
image.png
I expect direct usage will maintain 2mbit average, this is proxied over MPTCP, single flow.

Last edited by Beta0 (December 23 2020)

#28 December 23 2020

RandomMemory

Beta0 wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

what do you recommend to fix it. How is my IP showing up from OVH, is that the proxy's work?

Sorry, late edit. See above, I recommend hitting Save and apply in the wizard again, see if that fix it, else look in the System log to see if there is any error.
And yeah, most websites use HTTP1/2 which is TCP, what shadowsocks serve. Youtube, google and few others with the latest Chrome (Windows) are using QUIC/HTTP3 which is UDP, but it fallbacks to HTTP2 if UDP/QUIC is blocked or unsupported. OMR actually blocks QUIC and HTTP3 since TCP over MPTCP performs better in this setup instead of being tunneled via the UDP VPN (glorytun). QUIC/HTTP3 is better on UDP only VPN or direct connection.

Thanks for the great read... I tried changing all settings and for some reason none of them were able to put the VPN tunnel up again. This morning there was an update. I did an update on the server and it's working now (for some reason it's saying terranet has multipath blocked.

VZS8zGr.png

this is my speedtest right now with terra being at 12mbps and the other ISP almost dying...

10637764836.png

I am only keeping the other ISP because they have 20mbps post 2 am and 15mbps cache on all popular services all day (netflix, youtube)

Last edited by RandomMemory (December 23 2020)

#29 December 23 2020

RandomMemory

wollyka wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

It's a symmetrical up and down. I have the connection for 2 days and freaking amazing. it's a consistent 11-11.5mbps all day and it's unlimited. I also have their IPTV subscription running on 2 TVs which takes 6mbps on each TV but the route is different from your internet so it will use up intranet bandwidth instead of internet bandwidth.

Last edited by RandomMemory (December 23 2020)

#30 December 23 2020

Beta0

RandomMemory wrote:
wollyka wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

It's a symmetrical up and down. I have the connection for 2 days and freaking amazing. it's a consistent 11-11.5mbps all day and it's unlimited. I also have their IPTV subscription running on 2 TVs which takes 6mbps on each TV but the route is different from your internet so it will use up intranet bandwidth instead of internet bandwidth.

I wasn't aware that their IPTV also works on WDSL with separate bandwidth (unlike DSL), thanks for the heads up.
Ignore the Multipath warning, the script tends to do false negatives on heavy load, I'm surprised the author re-enabled it. You can always check if MPTCP is filtered in the MPTCP page. You should see "TCPoptionmptcp capable = sender's key". I hope it's not pfSense that is doing any filtering.

Last edited by Beta0 (December 23 2020)

#31 December 23 2020

RandomMemory

Beta0 wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:
wollyka wrote:

I wasn't aware that their IPTV also works on WDSL with separate bandwidth (unlike DSL), thanks for the heads up.
Ignore the Multipath warning, the script tends to do false negatives on heavy load, I'm surprised the author re-enabled it. You can always check if MPTCP is filtered in the MPTCP page. You should see "TCPoptionmptcp capable = sender's key". I hope it's not pfSense that is doing any filtering.

take a test from here https://terravision.com.lb/. make sure the device you are testing on has a terranet IP

#32 December 24 2020

wollyka

RandomMemory wrote:
wollyka wrote:
RandomMemory wrote:

Thanks! I think it will be a great solution in Mansourieh.

The local cable guy is slow and alfa 4G bundles are way to expensive and very limited in quota! How much the installation costed you? I am willing to pay 270K sine it will help with remote work and it will be cheaper than 4G!

#33 December 24 2020

RandomMemory

the installation is expensive. 300 in USD, but it's an extremely professional install (at least the people who installed for me were). and the connection is 305k LBP after VAT

Board footer